• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Am I the only one who sees the contradiction in that? XD

I see it, but...I guess I'm just used to it? Then again, I call everyone "dude". And "guys". Then again, I grew up in California, so...not saying dude would have been all but blasphemous. >_>

Thinking:
The weather is miserable and I hate it and it's not fair. T-T

+ Posting my lil Batman one shot. :S Here's to hoping it'll go over well.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
"Yea, I knew Harambe. Who wants to know?"

13933577_974422759334738_198850414_n.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yup. I've known a fair number of chicks who call each other "dude" and "man", too. Me included, actually. :tongue:

Normally if I meet friends I'll say "What's up, guys?" even if there's girls there. I think it's just one of those things that people still seem to know that you're including them. I'm not sure if it would work the other way around, which is the weird thing about it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Normally if I meet friends I'll say "What's up, guys?" even if there's girls there. I think it's just one of those things that people still seem to know that you're including them. I'm not sure if it would work the other way around, which is the weird thing about it.

"What's up, babes?" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :wink:

Thinking:
I should make enchiladas soon.
+ Should I buy that game? :S I have enough for it, and more music before Sunday, but then I won't have any cosplay money when I get home. T-T Hmm...unless I work extra this month....

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"What's up, babes?" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :wink:

Couldn't help but think of Dante saying that to Trish. But no, it doesn't have the same ring to it. It's just funny how girls don't seem to mind being called "dude", "guy", "man" etc. I suppose "bro" wouldn't work. I don't know :/

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Couldn't help but think of Dante saying that to Trish. But no, it doesn't have the same ring to it. It's just funny how girls don't seem to mind being called "dude", "guy", "man" etc. I suppose "bro" wouldn't work. I don't know :/

I thought the same thing as I was typing it. XD
I wouldn't mind being called "bro", but...you can call me just about anything short of my actual name and, if it's meant affectionately, I probably won't mind. (More like won't notice cuz I'm oblivious as f, but y'know.) But it is strange. I wonder why language and reactions to it have changed like that.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought the same thing as I was typing it. XD
I wouldn't mind being called "bro", but...you can call me just about anything short of my actual name and, if it's meant affectionately, I probably won't mind. (More like won't notice cuz I'm oblivious as f, but y'know.) But it is strange. I wonder why language and reactions to it have changed like that.

Great minds, huh :)

Yeah I can see what you mean. I suppose I wouldn't mind too much. It would depend on my relationship with the person saying it. Some people might be different. But I suppose generally speaking most guys wouldn't want to be called "babe", "chick", "hun/hunny" because it doesn't sound 'masculine' to them. I think women are just more carefree in that respect because they don't think of it so much or associate their gender to it. That could be why it sounds odd the other way around, or at least that's my guess.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So, I considered buying Arkham Asylum and City for Steam, then remembered there's supposed to be a remaster eventually (so why buy them now when I can buy them later and with better graphics?) so I got Knight, instead. It's at 14% downloaded with nine hours remaining. D: Holy hell. This is gonna take forever.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
But I suppose generally speaking most guys wouldn't want to be called "babe", "chick", "hun/hunny" because it doesn't sound 'masculine' to them.

I wouldn't mind being called "hun". *shrugs*
It sounds nice when it's said lovingly regardless of your gender.

so I got Knight, instead.

Arkham Knight on PC? Eh risky move, sis (I refuse to call you bro or dude). I hope your machine will be able to handle it.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
At this rate, the entirety of the forums is going to be awash with cutesy nicknames for everyone. XD

Arkham Knight on PC? Eh risky move, sis (I refuse to call you bro or dude). I hope your machine will be able to handle it.

Yep. ^^; Thanks. I'm hoping it'll work; my com seems to be handling big games pretty well, as long as I don't have a bunch of background stuff running. -fingers crossed- Honestly, I'm more worried about Fable III (given it's older and some people have mentioned it not working on Win10), but still. @_@ If not, I'll just...put the games aside til I can talk to my com guy and see what options I have for increasing the com's performance. ^^

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If not, I'll just...put the games aside til I can talk to my com guy and see what options I have for increasing the com's performance. ^^

I can spare you the trip and tell you that when it comes to games, your only effective option to increase performances is... buying new hardware.

Unless it's a laptop. In that case you could try cleaning it up from dust. It can be surprisingly helpful.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I can spare you the trip and tell you that when it comes to games, your only effective option to increase performances is... buying new hardware.

Unless it's a laptop. In that case you could try cleaning it up from dust. It can be surprisingly helpful.

It's a laptop; one of the Asus gaming ones. I think my hardware's fine for now, but I'm wondering if...in a year or so I might need new bits. @_@ (Cuz my coms like to die on me for some reason.) And he'll give us free parts, so.... -shrugs- That said...I probably do need to get the dust out of my com. >_> I always forget to do that.

Edit:
I wish I could find a bag for this com, though...no one seems to sell messenger bags larger than 17in.

Top Bottom