• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
New nail polish. Ooooh, shiny. -stares-

+ Preparing for this stream is gonna kill me. :| If I can finish Origins today, I should be able to also finish Asylum either today or tomorrow. Then I might be able to squeeze in City if I rush through it. Knight's the one I'm most concerned about, tbh. I really don't want to spend most of the stream looking for collectables. :/

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
i found an old DMC4 combo vid and this was just too awesome not to make a gif of
V8ao_m.gif

here is the video

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Feeding Megan in the cafe Friday. Elderly lady creeps up and starts asking questions about the baby so I refer her to my sister.

After the usual conversation that occurs when strangers encounter a newborn, the lady turns to me and says, "Looks like you're getting plenty of practice for when it's your turn, eh? But not too soon, you're still young".

Didn't have the heart to tell her I'm in my 30's with three kids, one of whom will be a legal adult in less than 4 years...liked the young comment though.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I think I need to work out a system here, otherwise I'm not going to get the proof-reading of the first five chapters done in time to post them.

Probably doesn't help that I'm proof-reading for someone else, either. >.> Well, I might have to put a kibosh on continuing for theirs until mine's done. Hell knows I've been struggling with it as is (crippling self-doubt for absolutely no reason at all, you can eff off now...)

+They must be blowing things up somewhere on the base; unless there was a quake, though I've seen no reports of one occurring, so... o_O

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Finding it very disappointing and almost bordering on fascist that free speech is apparently only applicable to those siding with popular viewpoints and thus refusing the other side of the debate to be heard.

Why can speakers, journalists, bloggers and celebrities (or indeed anyone with the ability of speech) tell us we "should" and "ought to" agree with one side or else we are barbarians, thugs, homophobes, islamophobes, sexist, racist, capitalists, leftist, right-wing, ignorant etc and yet any opposing view "must," be silenced, quashed, denied or, worse, cause the speaker to be imprisoned or otherwise punished for their difference of opinion?

Surely free speech, which has come at great cost and is still not permitted in certain countries, should be protected? Otherwise it is certainly not free speech?

How can there be healthy debate, discussion, reasoning and thinking if we are TOLD our differing opinions are nothing short of criminal? Should people who have otherwise been pioneers of their industry be cast aside for an opinion which is just that? An opinion?

Surely any intelligent being has the ability to cope with an opposing view without having a conniption over it?

Indeed, certain subjects which still cause controversy have been through many changes over the years and steps have been made to ensure civil liberties and freedoms are protected. But forcing the new standard down throats of all is just as bad, in my view, as those who forced the previous standard upon others. There must be room for disagreement, without violence or hatred, and people on both sides must be prepared to be mature enough to hear another view without being so utterly offended by it that they attack, censor and vilify.

Top Bottom