• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: I want to play Final Fantasy 14 all ready! The expansion is coming out next month and I want to play! @_@ Plus I need to find a new Free Company (guild). Last one sorta....died due to drama. Q_Q Why does that always happening. >.>

And I'll be writing somethings to post up. heh heh heh.

KRSkull

Whats with super heroes and heroes and tragedy or accidents.

I mean

Batman lost his parents when he was a child.

Superman lost his parents when he was a baby.

Spiderman lost his parents and uncle.

Flash was in a Lab accident

Green Arrow was in boat accident and was stranded in an island.

Ironman got in an accident that almost took his life.

The hulk was in a lab accident.

Blade his mother was bitten before he was born.

Viper

Premium

I mean

I think the idea is like in that popular phrase - they were served lemons, so they made a lemonade (ie, they didn't fall prey to self-pity or anything, but instead faced challenges of life head on).
Even most adventure stories start with something bad happening and either a parent or parental figure dying.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Why, if it's the yellow sun's light that gives him powers?
It doesn't give him powers. Superman was born with his powers. He stems from a super powered alien race. It's just superman can become more powerful by absorbing rays from the yellow sun. Red sun energy would affect him like kryptonite.

"Superman is as strong as he needs to be."

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I mean

Superman didn't undergo a tragedy.

This is actually what I respect most about the character. Sure, his whole planet blew up, but he never knew about that for the longest time. Krypton isn't his home, Earth is. He doesn't have the emotional attachment to Krypton and his birth parents like he does to Earth, and Ma and Pa Kent.

But back to what I love most about Superman. He didn't have to undergo a tragedy to become a superhero. He just did it because it was the right thing to do. Because he was raised by some of the best people in the world. He does it because it's right.

My favorite superhero of all freaking time is still Spider-Man, but I can't help but admire Superman because of that.

Really? I've always read that it's the yellow sun that gives Kryptionians their powers. Did the New 52 reboot change that?
No, it's always been like that. Kryptonians are a super powered species.

Last edited by a moderator:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No, it's always been like that. Kryptonians are a super powered species.

2py47wy.png

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
with super man from what i know his powers a affected by his solar environment

yellow sun makes him super man
red sun makes him human
supernova (blue sun) could make him a god
and a black hole will kill him

at least i think this is how it is from what i heard

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
What do you mean by "god"?
well this was an else world story but superman basicly spent 15,000 years living inside the sun a literally became a god
Dconemillion-supermanprime.jpg

this is from the DC wiki he gaind these powers
  • Solar Supercharge: Superman Prime remained in Earth's sun for 15,000 years, increasing his abilities to unknown but presumably titanic levels--he is known to dwarf the might of even the massively powerful Kal Kent, who is himself more powerful than the gravitational pull of a collapsing star and faster than the speed of light.
  • Reality Alteration: Shown as capable, with the aid of the Superman of the 5th dimension, of turning a fragment of DNA inside-out through time into a full-fledged human being with the soul of the original individual, presumably among other capabilities.
  • Power Bequeathment: Superman Prime is noted as being capable of sharing a portion of his power with his descendants, this fraction alone itself being a degree of power "far beyond any held by any metahumans ever"(though tying them inextricably to the Super-Sun that Prime inhabits as the source of their powers).
  • Immortality: Superman Prime has not visibly aged since the late 20th/early 21st century.
i imagine a blue sun would get him to this point faster
also supernova was the wrong word
more like white dwarf

KRSkull

I think the idea is like in that popular phrase - they were served lemons, so they made a lemonade (ie, they didn't fall prey to self-pity or anything, but instead faced challenges of life head on).
Even most adventure stories start with something bad happening and either a parent or parental figure dying.

This made a lot of sense.

@Chancey289

Losing a home plante and not knowing who your birth family is and who you truly are. Is a tragedy

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Hmm...what should I do with my day now? ._.

+ Okay, journal entry with links to things and extra info: Link *crawls back under rock nervously*

*Grabs megaphone* Alright! Listen up, you lot! Go vote for Shadow's story on Inkitt! Do eet! It will take you all of two minutes, and you'd be supporting one of our own--might I add amazing--writers!

Get going! Vamonos! Give Shadow a big old heart! <3

You know you want to... :sneaky:

I mean...please? You'd be doing her a big favour. ^^ And c'mon...who doesn't love Shadow, here?

Forneus: I think there's a distinct possibility you overdid it on the caffeine, today.

*Snorts* Crazy talk; I've only had two cups. This, my friend, is the result of little-to-no sleep.

o_O

KRSkull

*Grabs megaphone* Alright! Listen up, you lot! Go vote for Shadow's story on Inkitt! Do eet! It will take you all of two minutes, and you'd be supporting one of our own--might I add amazing--writers!

I mean...please? You'd be doing her a big favour. ^^ And c'mon...who doesn't love Shadow, here?

Forneus: I think there's a distinct possibility you overdid it on the caffeine, today.

*Snorts* Crazy talk; I've only had two cups. This, my friend, is the result of little-to-no sleep.

o_O

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium

o_O

:blush: You just gave me all the feels right now. *overcome*
h6B947223_zpsegnvsalz.gif

*sneaky hugs*
h9801ABB6_zpspthn8neu.gif

Top Bottom