• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, I can't tell if this person is just trying to give mutual feedback, or if this is some sort of passive-aggressive thing for the critique I gave him. :cautious: I'm always nice when I critique; I don't even like doing it, to be honest, but I figure if someone posts online, they want it, and I owe it to them to be honest. It was all minor stuff, anyway, but still. O_O I wonder if I stop reviewing, or if I only point out the good stuff, if his tune will change, too, or if it will remain the same?

Exejpgwmv

Okay, I can't tell if this person is just trying to give mutual feedback, or if this is some sort of passive-aggressive thing for the critique I gave him. :cautious: I'm always nice when I critique; I don't even like doing it, to be honest, but I figure if someone posts online, they want it, and I owe it to them to be honest. It was all minor stuff, anyway, but still. O_O I wonder if I stop reviewing, or if I only point out the good stuff, if his tune will change, too, or if it will remain the same?
A person doesn't learn anything if people only point at all the good they do and none of the mistakes.
So no, don't stop giving honest critiques of people's works.

Viper

Premium
A person doesn't learn anything if people only point at all the good they do and none of the mistakes.

I think writers are still pretty open to critiques, at least the serious ones, but these days one should be careful around artists.

I've caught an artist complain in anger on another site, after I, somewhat clumsily in attempt to be as polite as possible, tried to tell her she made a certain part of the anatomy a bit too wide, and she interpreted it as "that b.... is ordering me how to draw". Okay, maybe not in those exact words, but they came close. I never ordered her anything, btw.

From stuff I've seen around, you really have to be careful what you say around these people, even the ones that used to beg for critique. Most probably it's the result of stupid people doing stupid things to them and their art (art theft, begging, etc.), so I don't really blame them (maybe a tiny bit, cause that angry post still burned me like hellfire), but I'm also staying away for my own safety.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

Very true; I was just curious if the feedback he was giving me was to mirror what I gave him, or if it was genuine. (Not that I doubted I needed to tweak this sentence or that sentence--which I ended up doing...well, in part; some of it I'm leaving alone, other parts I'll deal with, later).

But upon further investigation, it seems that he's just trying to give feedback in return, after all; it's hard to gauge a person's tone through the typed word (unless they use lol or emoticons) but from the most recent comment, he seems to appreciate the honesty.

Viper

Premium
Been thinking how funny school is...
You have to be 18 to watch horror movies (officially), but my literature professor in first year of high school had no qualms about making us read the Hell part of Divine Comedy.
And then there are all the suicides, murders and executions I had to read about or watch in a play since I was 13.
So funny.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
And I think I'd rather go nap now instead of writing. Get enough rest in so I'm awake and ready to start kick-off tonight.

11 HOURS BEFORE NANO STARTS!!!:woot::woot::woot:

Best of luck! ^^ I'll see you in another 17 hours on top of that, lol!

CT: Okay, now that kiddo's in bed...time to do it--again.

Yeah, I'm splitting Chapter 4 and Chapter 6 into two; both are way too long on their own (plus I think my word processor has been lying to me about page length). So I guess I'm up to Chapter 8, when all is said and done.

I was just saying this to a friend earlier, but holy hell--every time I turn around, this story keeps getting longer. It doesn't want me to finish it...o_O

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
CT: So, I started working on my models again and enjoying doing something different instead of slowly going mad. And it gets me out of the room. Still writing too. Lol sigh -.- how I need to writing magic.... ;)

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
What am I thinking? I honestly don't know what was I thinking when I got back on Facebook today, after being clean for so long. So far only sent friends request to my brother.

Been trying to stay away from Facebook myself actually, that place gives me nightmares and apparently is not good for my mental state of mind. o.o

CT: Wonder if I should go play some Bayonetta...

Viper

Premium
Been trying to stay away from Facebook myself actually, that place gives me nightmares and apparently is not good for my mental state of mind. o.o

CT: Wonder if I should go play some Bayonetta...
I escaped recently from a site that gave me nightmares, facebook so far seems okay. I plan to keep it under strict control, so it stays that way. Lately I've been reading stuff Reuben Langdon is sharing through twitter, about aliens and stuff to think about, and noticed it can all be seen more easily on facebook, so I guess it's his fault. :D

ArabPikachu

Been away from these forums for 6 days, which is slightly more than the days spent being away from the unofficial RE forums; Decided to drop in by saying Happy Halloween:wink:

Top Bottom