• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yay! ^^ *glad* So...I have to ask: Julian or Tom? :p
Me, of course. ;)
...stfu, Marcus. *kicks him back into his closet and locks the door*
=(

Ohh, this is actually pretty complicated. Tom ticks me off, quite a bit--but he definitely has made up for some of his arrogance, and has grown as a character (I just finished the second book). Personally, I wouldn't pick him, but there's a chance he's worthy of Jenny, now. Julian, however...when the author describes how Julian affects Jenny, how that part of her that's more primitive, responds to the danger that he is, swinging between being allured and afraid...well, I can understand it, lol! Despite what he's done, it's hard to view him as "evil". Dark? Oh, most certainly--but evil? I just can't see him that way.

One half of me wants her to give in to him, but the other part of me knows she shouldn't; he loves her, sure---but he's possessive, and as soon as he doesn't get what he wants, there really is the Devil to pay.

Who do I prefer as a character? Oh, most definitely Julian; he's probably one of the best Antagonists I've read in quite awhile. :)

Hahahaha! My characters have been nagging at me, too. xD Actually, it's been more like, "Oh god, I need to put this book down, and pay attention to them...Forneus, Phenex...don't let the Shadow Man get me..."

@Dante's Stalker LOL! You know me too well! Yeah, I've had tons of, "Enough of everyone else! Get to the damned Julian scenes!" :laugh:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
like i said i dont want to start an agrument but you your self said you think DmC is the best game of all time

now i'm not saying your opinion is wrong i get that you like it better
but saying "best game of all time" obviously means you think its better then DMC 4
Yeah, I like it better; it's the best game of all time for ME, and just me.

I don't see why you feel the need to hold that against me. Who CARES if I like this game better than everything else? My personal opinion doesn't matter anyway.

Enough.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Ohh, this is actually pretty complicated. Tom ticks me off, quite a bit--but he definitely has made up for some of his arrogance, and has grown as a character (I just finished the second book). Personally, I wouldn't pick him, but there's a chance he's worthy of Jenny, now. Julian, however...when the author describes how Julian affects Jenny, how that part of her that's more primitive, responds to the danger that he is, swinging between being allured and afraid...well, I can understand it, lol! Despite what he's done, it's hard to view him as "evil". Dark? Oh, most certainly--but evil? I just can't see him that way.

One half of me wants her to give in to him, but the other part of me knows she shouldn't; he loves her, sure---but he's possessive, and as soon as he doesn't get what he wants, there really is the Devil to pay.

Who do I prefer as a character? Oh, most definitely Julian; he's probably one of the best Antagonists I've read in quite awhile. :)

Hahahaha! My characters have been nagging at me, too. xD Actually, it's been more like, "Oh god, I need to put this book down, and pay attention to them...Forneus, Phenex...don't let the Shadow Man get me..."

@Dante's Stalker LOL! You know me too well! Yeah, I've had tons of, "Enough of everyone else! Get to the damned Julian scenes!" :laugh:

Teehee, I have the same thought process about both of them, tbh. ^^; (And the same thoughts about getting to a scene with Julian. ;) ) I agree about Julian being a great antagonist, though. It's hard to create a character who's both really bad and also really good at the same time. ^^; *really hopes the next books in the series don't turn into some bland erotica*
LOL XD Would they really let the Shadow Men get you? *has a feeling Marcus would let them get her, but only so he could punch his maker in the face*

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Teehee, I have the same thought process about both of them, tbh. ^^; (And the same thoughts about getting to a scene with Julian. ;) ) I agree about Julian being a great antagonist, though. It's hard to create a character who's both really bad and also really good at the same time. ^^; *really hopes the next books in the series don't turn into some bland erotica*
LOL XD Would they really let the Shadow Men get you? *has a feeling Marcus would let them get her, but only so he could punch his maker in the face*

There are going to be more books in the series?! :eek: Oh my god, I hope they're every bit as good as these ones have been.

Lol! Well, no...Phenex might be tempted to make me squirm a little, if I made him mad beforehand, but I think his desire for a good fight would motivate him into action.

Forneus is loyal to a fault, so no worries, there. xD

Lol! But Marcus would make sure you came out unscathed in the end....right? Right? O_O

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
There are going to be more books in the series?! :eek: Oh my god, I hope they're every bit as good as these ones have been.

Lol! Well, no...Phenex might be tempted to make me squirm a little, if I made him mad beforehand, but I think his desire for a good fight would motivate him into action.

Forneus is loyal to a fault, so no worries, there. xD

Lol! But Marcus would make sure you came out unscathed in the end....right? Right? O_O

Yep. Though I'm a little...um...torn about what I think of it since she's only given a really general overview on what she plans to write...if she ever finishes Night World...so who knows if it'll ever come out. /==

Hehe, aww. :3 It's nice that they'll save you. ^^ (Even if Phenex would like to make you squirm a little. XP)

Erm...maybe? Depends on how he was feeling that day, I think. >_> If he thought I'd make good bait...probably not. ._. Unless I bribed him with candy first....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yep. Though I'm a little...um...torn about what I think of it since she's only given a really general overview on what she plans to write...if she ever finishes Night World...so who knows if it'll ever come out. /==

Can't say that I blame you; DS was mentioning L.J. has been away from writing for a bit, so she's getting back into the swing of things. Let's just cross our fingers that, if she does manage to write them up, she can recapture the feelings she created with the first three. :3

Hehe, aww. :3 It's nice that they'll save you. ^^ (Even if Phenex would like to make you squirm a little. XP)

Erm...maybe? Depends on how he was feeling that day, I think. >_> If he thought I'd make good bait...probably not. ._. Unless I bribed him with candy first....

Lol! Awww.... ^^; *Gives Shadow lots of candy that she can bribe Marcus with* There, that should keep you safe for awhile. ;)

CT: It's so nice and cool today. ^^ I'mma throw open all the windows!

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm trying to watch ultimate spider-man and view it on it's own merrits, but i can't. i know it has a fan base and is doing really well, but i really don't like it. and i think the main reason i don't like it is because the show that cam before it had such a dissatisfying ending due to it's cancellation. and i'm not saying it's a bad show, i'm just pointing out the momentous shift in tone. it's like having batman tas cancelled and replaced with batman the brave and the bold the next year. and the really sad part about it is, i was a huge supporter of this series. i was really looking forward to it and defended it with all my heart during it's promotion. and i would have been more at peace with the issue if i was given a VALID reason as to why it was cancelled. the ratings were good in the transition from kidswb to disney xd. its not like people lost interest. it was also praised by both critics and fans (which is difficult to do for a superhero tv show). so thats what i'm thinking right now

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Am I the only one who gets annoyed when my tablets' sound is on? I just lose it and snap SILENCE at the damn thing.
+some memory of my dream is slowly coming back in dribs and drabs. It will make a great story. Obviously I'll have to give the guys names other than Johnny Depp and Dante, but ohhhhhh *melts* plus I wanna draw that one scene. The one where I was terrified of the massive height we were suspended in. I remember panicking and freezing, and then Mr. Dante leaned up beside me like it was nothing to be afraid of with his cool as attitude. And I calmed down real quick. Lololol. I'm pathetic.

++do I or don't I walk to get the kids? It's apparently snowed on mt. Kaukau so maybe a warm car is the better option?

+++I wonder if I can write tonight?

++++I'm crushing on Kevin Costner.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So she is into pagan sheit after all. Bugger.

+wtf is up with his hair? I never thought I'd say this but I wouldn't want a photo with him looking like that.
++ to troll or not, I wonder, lol.

I'm hungry.
Why can't I sleep?
I should write now.
Can't believe my baby is going to kindy tomorrow :'(
Please don't fall on my face.
Today is going to be INSANE.:dead:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Britt690 I love your avatar :tongue:

CT: Isn't it odd how you can wake up feeling fine, then 20 mins later be so :vomit: that you're scared to leave the toilet just in case it happens again. I can't work on anything. Ooh, mah tummy hurts again... :shifty:

I hope my parcel arrives tomorrow... :meh:

I hope you feel better soon, Veebs! (Bad take-out?)

CT: Hmm...Code Geass is pretty decent, so far.

Top Bottom