• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
One day down, 4 to go, and I'm meeting up with someone every day so the time should fly by. Then I'll be back at work/ school...I'm still not sure what to call it.

I think people who know me are just surprised that I won't be starting another degree, post grad or masters...maybe a PGCE in time, but, for now I need work experience. But, it's not even work to me because I love doing it so much. :thumbsup:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I could really eat a cheeseburger too.
I named mine Vergil... It's now used it's name as an excuse to do 'Vergil-y things' (raising hell, wanting more power etc)

CT: I swear he looks at me and thinks I'm a certain word beginning with 'R'. He's also jealous... I just don't feel comfortable with him anymore.:cautious: Let's face it, I'm not the person he thought I was, he now see's me through 'ignorant eyes' because that's what he is... ignorant, nasty, cruel etc.

Honestly, he sounds like a spoiled little boy. Any chance he's an only child?
People like that rarely change. As nasty and self-absorbed as he is, you're the only sunshine in his bleak world, whether any of you know it or not. Hold your head high and don't let his tantrums get to your heart. One day when you move out, he's going to realise just what he'd lost and be miserable about how miserable he'd been to you. It may come out sounding a lot more like "she left because now our house isn't good enough anymore, I gave her everything and she never appreciated it, etc etc". I know. My dad's part of the Epic Asshat club. He did something similar. It's always about him, and it's always negative/complaints about everyone else. Unfortunately, people like our dads just don't have that will power to be nice. It's alien to them. It's like setting them on a marathon that they haven't trained for. They're terrified of being friendly, or nice, or empathetic, or loving, because they think that makes them weak. Gives other people to upperhand. Gives others the opportunity to be mean to them.
They're cowards, Veebs. Don't let a scared little man's rants have any value. You've just been through a dragging hell. The least he could do is applaud you for going for it, not mope around like a sorry twit.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
What is going on in Darigion's Signature?! :cautious:

I'm lost, oh so lost right now. This is not a "you need Jesus" moment. Judaism has fulfilled me perfectly in that area, rather I'm lost in this sense. What do you do when you hate everyone at work? Because they don't advance your life in any way, shape or form.

KRSkull

What do you do when you hate everyone at work? Because they don't advance your life in any way, shape or form.

Its simple Smile Smile and then

Got it, move… wow…

Live like you’re always taking the stage
You gotta keep winning or get pushed to the edge
The war will never end
Until only one remains standing

(Don’t say no, just live more!)
Will you spurn…
(Don’t say no, just live more!)
Or will you pluck…
The forbidden fruit?

The sky of the moment has its own view to see
(The sun’s burnin’ red,
Getting hotter and hotter)
What will you use your strength to prove?
(Only you can answer the question,
Will you destroy or protect?)

When there are no trails
(Where no one’s been before)
For you to follow
(At the end of the world)
Follow the path you believe in, and just live more!

The one who can bring an end to this conflict
Must stand victorious above the rest
Don’t stop, don’t flinch
Follow your instincts, you’re on the right track
Just, just, just live more!

The wind of the moment has its own message to share
(It’s blowin’ stronger and stronger
‘Till it reaches you)
Your dreams and future may seem so far away…
(When you’ve got all you can out of life,
That’s when you can stop)

The sky of the moment has its own view to see
(The sun’s burnin’ red,
Getting hotter and hotter)
What will you use your strength to prove?
(Only you can answer the question,
Will you destroy or protect?)

But don’t let life get you down
(Keep your head held high)
Wherever you may go
(Never compromise yourself)
Follow the path you believe in, and just live more!

Don’t say no, just live more!
Don’t say no, just live more!

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Honestly, he sounds like a spoiled little boy. Any chance he's an only child?
Not all only children are spoiled or selfish brats. There are some, but I've also met people who were only children and they were fine with sharing or pitching in their fair share.
I've met people who have siblings who are selfish and ego centric because they always had to share with siblings and had nothing for themselves. As a consequence, they have hoarding and sharing issues as adults to make up for sharing toys and parental time with siblings when they were children.

One day when you move out, he's going to realise just what he'd lost and be miserable about how miserable he'd been to you. It may come out sounding a lot more like "she left because now our house isn't good enough anymore, I gave her everything and she never appreciated it, etc etc".
People like that...I don't even think they get upset if someone leaves. They think it's the fault of the other person for leaving. That's just how some people are. They live in their own bubble and don't care at all. I don't think people like that can be changed, nor do they want to change. That's the problem.

I know. My dad's part of the Epic Asshat club. He did something similar. It's always about him, and it's always negative/complaints about everyone else. Unfortunately, people like our dads just don't have that will power to be nice. It's alien to them. It's like setting them on a marathon that they haven't trained for. They're terrified of being friendly, or nice, or empathetic, or loving, because they think that makes them weak. Gives other people to upperhand. Gives others the opportunity to be mean to them.
They're cowards, Veebs. Don't let a scared little man's rants have any value. You've just been through a dragging hell. The least he could do is applaud you for going for it, not mope around like a sorry twit.
True enough. They are incapable of being kind for some reason...maybe due to past childhood trauma themselves. People like that, I wonder what went wrong with them and why they inflict their nasty personality on others. People like that can't be reasoned with or talked to. It's always the fault of someone else just to save their own pride.

It's sad for me to think parents can be like that to their own children. Why have children if they are going to be so cruel? It's just inflicting their own problems and issues onto someone who didn't ask to be born. The least the parents can do is love their own child instead of treating them like rubbish and dumping judgements on to them.
I have friends in therapy over what their mothers or fathers did. Bearing in mind these are people in their 20s and 30s. Still, they haven't forgotten the divorce, neglectful mother even though she stayed at home, or the affair that the father had and the arguments, fallout and financial worries that caused. Those psychological wounds cut deep. Makes me wonder why these poor excuses for parents ever bother to procreate. All they've done is made inncocent children into messed up, confused and hurt adults.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I'm thinking people are still really sheepish sometimes. I remember one time when I went to buy clothes with my brother, he actually said I should buy a black leather jacket. Doesn't suit me. Might as well go full 'tough guy' and buy jeans, a jean shirt and jean jacket like in Family Guy. But yeah, he said I ''should wear something that's in style''. Don't give a cr*p, bro. I wear what I want, and I'm certainly not going to feel ashamed just because I'm not following the herd. The sh!t is wrong with a sweater, anyway? Man, if I had my way, I'd try to customize my clothing myself.
I know this is an incredibly boring comment, but it just reminds me of all the nonsense about DmC being a more modern, proper version of Devil May Cry. No, it isn't - it's in your head. It's an opinion, and it is one that can be refuted simply by disagreeing. Things go in and out of style all the time, and even if something never comes back, you are the one to decide what's cool. I've been away for a while due to all the incessant bickering and acting like opinions are the same as facts, but now I'll just try to ignore it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
People like that...I don't even think they get upset if someone leaves. They think it's the fault of the other person for leaving. That's just how some people are. They live in their own bubble and don't care at all. I don't think people like that can be changed, nor do they want to change. That's the problem.

I was actually trying to cheer VB up. I realize people like that don't ever change, I didn't say they suddenly turn a new leaf.

True enough. They are incapable of being kind for some reason...maybe due to past childhood trauma themselves. People like that, I wonder what went wrong with them and why they inflict their nasty personality on others. People like that can't be reasoned with or talked to. It's always the fault of someone else just to save their own pride.

It's sad for me to think parents can be like that to their own children. Why have children if they are going to be so cruel? It's just inflicting their own problems and issues onto someone who didn't ask to be born. The least the parents can do is love their own child instead of treating them like rubbish and dumping judgements on to them.
I have friends in therapy over what their mothers or fathers did. Bearing in mind these are people in their 20s and 30s. Still, they haven't forgotten the divorce, neglectful mother even though she stayed at home, or the affair that the father had and the arguments, fallout and financial worries that caused. Those psychological wounds cut deep. Makes me wonder why these poor excuses for parents ever bother to procreate. All they've done is made inncocent children into messed up, confused and hurt adults.
Well as far as my dad is concerned, my grandad was a heartless dick who didn't care about anything but sleeping around with women and expecting the world to bow down to him. My grandad is the kind of person who used to chuck a litter of newborn pups into the river in a plastic bag because he didn't want more pets. And yes he actually did do that, quite often I believe, as dogs were basically part of my dad's family.
Also, my dad treats our dogs better than he treats us. He'd never beat on a dog but on us he would. He'd never scream profanities at a dog but at us he would. My parents wanted to divorce when I was still tiny ( I can still remember mum crying her eyes out in the room) and they again debated quite verbally about divorcing when I was in primary school. I resent them today for still being together. I hate my dad. He never wanted kids, and yes, my mum actually told me that when I was younger. As if that excuses his behaviour toward us.
So I know first hand just how deep those wounds cut, and they're not merely psychological.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
a DD for that pic of Kazu, huh? their choice sometimes baffle me... (not the 1st time and I always think "wtf" about the ones they pick but, hey, I'm not complaining):whistle:

lesse if he can overtake the other pic of himself in the fav stats.

Congrats. ^^

Thinking:
Attempt to write something funny: it turns dark and serious.
Attempt to write something serious: it turns stupidly funny.
Attempt to write a character study: the character randomly noms on a generous portion of amanita and now I'm writing about butterflies and corpses staring at him from corners of the room. What. the. hell? ._. That said, I think it's the best one shot I've written this year. I might have to write another.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
a DD for that pic of Kazu, huh? their choice sometimes baffle me... (not the 1st time and I always think "wtf" about the ones they pick but, hey, I'm not complaining):whistle:

lesse if he can overtake the other pic of himself in the fav stats.

A DD? (I feel like digital might be in there, somewhere). Ooh, is it the one I really, really like, too? ^^

CT: I feel like that was too quickly resolved...add more to the scene?

Yeah, I think I'll have to...even though I've hit a stumbling block as far as feels are concerned...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
A DD? (I feel like digital might be in there, somewhere). Ooh, is it the one I really, really like, too? ^^

CT: I feel like that was too quickly resolved...add more to the scene?

Yeah, I think I'll have to...even though I've hit a stumbling block as far as feels are concerned...

A Daily Deviation on dA. ^^
*cheers on your writing*

Thinking:
Does I have time to reply to PMs before walking? I think I does. *goes to reply and pretends she didn't purposely butcher her grammar just then*

Top Bottom