• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Free-floating guilt...go away.

Okay, the last few days haven't been very productive (as in, not at all...at least not writing-wise).

Get it together, woman! Finish it within the next 28 days...there isn't much left, and then you can take a breather.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Should I be a good little Rae and keep trying to catch up with NaNo? Or should I be naughty and take a break? Or, maybe, I should just sit here and eat chocolate while thinking up plot devices? That counts as writing, right? :cautious:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
So...without even telling me, they cancelled my order. That's just lovely. Really sweet of them. I guess I'll just have to go buy from someone else, then. Guess who's never getting me as a customer again! =D -_- *rawr**chomp*

That delivery you've been waiting on for, what, three weeks now? So...just how is that you're not on a homicidal rampage right now? O_O

Its from Gilmore Girls. never saw that show i just found this video while i was searching for a song about Coffee.

Lol, gotta love random finds. Now I want more coffee...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
That delivery you've been waiting on for, what, three weeks now? So...just how is that you're not on a homicidal rampage right now? O_O

Yep. /== That's the one. I'm too tired to rampage. XD I'd like to, but I'm just...so over these people. I want them to just leave me alone, now. I don't appreciate them lying to me, but...I'm just glad I got my money back and half of my order delivered. Kinda POed I'm gonna have to spend extra to get what I originally ordered from somewhere else, but nyeh. Whatever. I'm just gonna focus on NaNo and characters being naughty and try not to focus on idjits who call themselves salesmen. /==

Thinking:
"This is my jam, dog!" ROFL XD Oh, Agni....

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
tumblr_mucxaiWepm1r0yz8jo1_500.gif

This describes me perfectly right now. :woot:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sometimes I feel like a rock and the children are the limpets clinging on to me for hugs. :tongue:

I'm fine with the hugs, but I'm not sure how I can explain to 6 and 7 year olds that it's not professional for me to hug them back too much because they won't understand the wider implications of that kind of thing or even what professionalism is.

It's a weird situation to be in as I'm not used to having to tell children not to do something like that. But I can understand why the rule about not being too familiar exists.
But I get hugs all the time? If a fight breaks out or someone gets hurt or someone is just missing their mum, they cling to me like little gold nuggets. Patting them on the shoulder or giving them a cuddle when they are hurt is a good thing. Can't exactly reject them, can you? I say this but alas, it's none of the children I actually get paid to work with who give me hugs :( except for one boy, but he hugged me because I let him play games with my kids so it doesn't count. I've had other relief teachers and parents ask if so and so is my child because they flog around me often. I'm good with kids that way, it has happened on occasion that they would call me 'mum' by accident. But I'm a mum myself and I know my place. I wouldn't do anything that I wouldn't want other caregivers to do with my kids.

I'm also thinking of making a list of all the questions/observations that my special needs kids have asked. Like "why do they cut off the head of the chicken? Why not leave it on and just cut out its eyeballs?" Um I dunno m'boy, maybe bdcause nobody is so hungry that they'd eat a chicken's head? ROFL

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
But I get hugs all the time? If a fight breaks out or someone gets hurt or someone is just missing their mum, they cling to me like little gold nuggets. Patting them on the shoulder or giving them a cuddle when they are hurt is a good thing. Can't exactly reject them, can you?
The problem isn't with he children hugging me, I'm fine with that, and some of them need a hug from time to time when they're feeling down. However, the staff rules are not to be overfamiliar with the children so that we don't become too emotionally involved, and...well, you know...the thing about child predators, which is absolutely ridiculous.

The only problem I have with children hugging me is if they try to do it all day and don't do any classwork. I get into trouble for that. It's a silly rule in my opinion, but I understand why it has to be there.

I had one boy who kept calling me Mum by accident recently. I'm not even old enough to be his mother.:laugh: I guess that's payback for all the times I got him mixed up with his cousin. :tongue:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
LOL Stilts is sitting in the window staring at a cat outside. I thought he'd be interested in it, but he looks kinda horrified. Like "wtf is that thing?! D:" LOL Silly kitty, it's just like you are. ;) Then again, what I'm I saying? I look at humans like that some days....

+ God d*mn you and your sexy glasses! Stop making me like you! *chucks tea*
++ I really need to do something about this glasses thing....
+++ Yawn. Lazy morning. Think I'll finish breakfast and get back on my writing roll.

Top Bottom