• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm pretty sure "proprietious" is a word. I know I've heard it before. I know I've said it before. Why are they saying it's not?! D:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
No. No no no no no.

You are not allowed to be ill, children. Mummy still needs bed rest for at least another month before I am feeling selfless enough to help anyone else out.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I'm pretty sure "proprietious" is a word. I know I've heard it before. I know I've said it before. Why are they saying it's not?! D:

If it's your word processor, don't listen to it. XD My copy of MS Word (er..."Starter") likes to do that, too. Then I either pick up a dictionary, or go to google, and I find out it was lying to meh.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proprietous

I'm given to wonder if it only does this with words that weren't technically grammatically correct not too long ago, but have been accepted as such, since? It confuses the hell out of me sometimes, too.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
If it's your word processor, don't listen to it. XD My copy of MS Word (er..."Starter") likes to do that, too. Then I either pick up a dictionary, or go to google, and I find out it was lying to meh.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proprietous

I'm given to wonder if it only does this with words that weren't technically grammatically correct not too long ago, but have been accepted as such, since? It confuses the hell out of me sometimes, too.

It's both MS Word and Dictionary.Com. x_x They keep telling me to change it to proprietress or propitious, but...um...yeah. Not the words I want. *just looking for a word that means "full of propriety"*
I wonder, as well. :/ It just doesn't make sense. If a word is grammatically correct, why are they saying it's not? :banghead:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Kinda cringe-worthy, but the LOLz are so worth it. *writing*

+ "Shot my first turkey yesterday. Scared the f*cking hell out of everybody in the frozen food section though. But it was still awesome." Is it bad that I'd actually like to see that? :laugh: I'm so terrible; simply terrible. ;)

Edit: Oranges and Lemons is reeeeeaaaally creepy. o_O Why are all nursery rhymes so friggen creepy?

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Sometimes I feel like a rock and the children are the limpets clinging on to me for hugs. :tongue:

I'm fine with the hugs, but I'm not sure how I can explain to 6 and 7 year olds that it's not professional for me to hug them back too much because they won't understand the wider implications of that kind of thing or even what professionalism is.

It's a weird situation to be in as I'm not used to having to tell children not to do something like that. But I can understand why the rule about not being too familiar exists.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hello, yes it's been a few days... I think... at least, it seems that way.
I'm not really feeling myself so... *isn't around as much*.

CT: I wish Game would get those Vita games back in stock.
I've got to try those 360 games...
Gah, town tomorrow... fudge... well, I hope that shop has still got Vita games...

Top Bottom