• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm so sick of money.
If you mean the need of money for exchange of goods and services, yeah, it's a broken system that they world has embraced and refuses to drop.

If you mean you're actual money I'll gladly take it from your hands.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sounds ridiculously dangerous to me.

It's only dangerous when you overdo it. Training in heat should be less intense than training in cold. But overtraining is dangerous no matter the weather.

However, in terms of effectiveness in losing weight, training in heat works better as fat is burned more easily and sweat is expelled in greater quantity. During cold season the body naturally stores fat and tries to keep that storage as much as it can to keep your body warm and counter the cold (plus risk of injury increases with cold). So if you're fat, you get more advantage from training in summer than in winter.

Besides, if it was that dangerous nobody would train in summer when that's far from true. And btw, "extreme heat"? I thought you lived in the UK? How hot can it get there (I'm genuinely curious)?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Extreme heat for us is anything over about 28°c - during the time I posted originally, it was consistently hitting 30+ temps. In the UK that's deemed extremely hot.

I'm hypermobile so any exercise above moderate walking is overdoing it. But being fat in winter means less spent on heating bills, I guess :laugh:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm hypermobile so any exercise above moderate walking is overdoing it.

Well, how about starting there. I mean, no one should start from an impossible point, gotta start somewhere you're comfortable with and stick with it till you get the first results, and then you raise the bar.

A friend of my parents is a fat guy and he started exactly like that: simply walking doing lapses on the beach. Now he's able to march at a certain speed and if he keeps it up he'll end up being able to run.

Viper

Premium
I'm sick of people throwing a hissy fit at certain products having less weight than before, cause then I have to explain that no, the manufacturer did not do it cause they are evil, it is cause prices of ingredients went up, they could either raise the price, at which point your instinct would prevent you from even reaching for it on the shelf... or they could put less product in the package.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Politics. So friggen sick of hearing about politics. I don't give a sh*t. I don't want to hear more about who says who is a bigger sasshole. If I hear any more about politics before the election, I'm just going to go around indiscriminately biting people. Please stfu already. :banghead:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Waking up 20 minutes before the alarm is due to go off. It's happening every day and I feel like I've been robbed of what could have been the part of sleep where my body realises I've actually rested.

Instead I'm automatically in zombie mode.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Waking up 20 minutes before the alarm is due to go off. It's happening every day and I feel like I've been robbed of what could have been the part of sleep where my body realises I've actually rested.

Instead I'm automatically in zombie mode.

I get this all the time and varies between an hour before and 20 mins before, was 5am this morning and Ava was still asleep and I was wide awake.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Did this thread die? God forbid. Really I never use this saying but it suits here. Hmm how can I breathe life in this thread. Well I saw some posts about heat. I hate extreme heat. The three last summers have been WAY too hot. I can't handle heat well. Everything stops for me. Thats not getting me anywhere. Summer soon and I'm not looking forward to it. Have to use strategies. Wash hands in cold water, drink enough, really anything to cool off. So I can function. One of these summers I REALLY resented the heat the Sun itself. Completely crippled me. I'm not at risk of dying. I can handle the heat that way but mentally thats another story...

EDIT: Did not know I was the original poster. Just noticed now.

Top Bottom