• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Drakengard 3. Game makes me sad :( I want to enjoy combat, but when framerate drops under 15 it's kinda hard to do it

Viper

Premium
Feminazis... they'll label you as a "misogynistic pig" if you dare disagree with them! such self-righteous ideologues are toxic to our society they almost remind me of a religious zealot.
I got "misogynist idiot", but would prefer pig, pigs are smart animals. XD
But yeah, society advanced in way that old religions are simply being replaced with something new, but the pattern of behavior remains more or less the same.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
people who think they know how films work when they obviously don't...and then try to argue about it with me. just because you're a film fan an have seen interviews and read articles doesn't make you AN EXPERT ON FILM MAKING! so please...just stop.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I'm sick of people suddenly saying that DmC sold well - no it didn't, and everybody acknowledged that it didn't. These 1.7 million sold (or something) now doesn't make a difference. They had a sales deadline - for lack of a better term - in which 2 million copies were supposed to be sold. That is as much as DMC1 made, IIRC, and it's a pretty decent figure to expect. I mean, I think it's justified to expect 2 million from DmC, when DMC1 was a new IP AND nobody really cared about it because it came from scraps of RE4. Oh, and it wasn't multiplatform. DmC sold like, what was it, 1.1 million? Then in the end it was 1.3 (though I'm not sure if that was still in the sales frame/deadline/whatever). DmC bombed.

I also can't stand it when people say that DmC failed to garner much popularity 'because of the fanboys afraid of change'. I feel the need to leave one last comment (a reiteration) before I take a leave of absence.
First off, all DMC games were different from each other in important respects. DMC2 even changed Dante's personality, and its plot wasn't significantly related to DMC1's. Then DMC3 came along and removed some of the horror atmosphere, replacing it with anime elements. It also retconned some stuff. Then came DMC4, which altered Dante's appearance in a way people didn't really expect, as well as altering his personality again. It also changed the setting from typical dark gothic to more vibrant. Fans accepted all this change, and now you're telling me they didn't accept DmC 'because change'? Come on, we're smarter than that.
Secondly, nobody knows who 'the fanboys' are. When you think about it, what would these people be fanboys/fangirls of? As I said before, each DMC was different from the last, so how can you be a fanboy of something if it is ever-changing? Are you a fanboy of DMC Dante? No, that's impossible, because DMC Dante doesn't exist; arguably, DMC3 and DMC4 Dante are much alike, but the others are not. I guess you could argue that the people who liked DMC4 were the ones who disliked DmC, but then, ''the people who liked DMC4'' is nonspecific and doesn't refer to fanboys - I would say it only refers to gamers who like DMC's gameplay. It's quite possible that many people who never heard of DMC started with DMC4. And if the people who liked DMC4 are to blame, then doesn't that mean 'a large percentage of the fanbase (and everyone besides fans)'? Just to reiterate... you're blaming people who have nothing against change.

The main attraction of the series was its gameplay, and DMC3 was said to have spawned a new H&S genre. DmC did decently well when it comes to gameplay, too. And yet, many people still hated it. I also know that many DMC fans wanted some kind of reboot, but many of them just didn't like this iteration of Dante, or any of the other characters. Others didn't like its style or its atmosphere. Hell, some people thought the gameplay should've been much better, including me.
Point is, we can't blame anyone or anything but DmC itself. And DmC, while decent in the gameplay department, wasn't great in the other departments. Yeah, some things were changed too drastically for most people - the change itself wasn't the issue, it was that people didn't like the type of change. Fans are not the sole cause of DmC flopping - it's just not a great game. Terrible writing, annoying characters, and a rehashed plot-combo of DMC3 and DMC1... yeah. No offense intended, but so you liked the game - well, most people didn't. The end.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I'm STILL sick of Capcom.

I've just sworn off Resident Evil Revelations 2 due to the horrific choice to recast Claire Redfield's actress.
Even Barry Burton's awesomeness can't save the game from that abominable decision.

Top Bottom