• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you sick of?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
People acting like characters have to be one way and one way ONLY (the way their creator made them). Whether they are put into a yaoi/yuri situation, given a romantic link, broke up from a romantic link, act OOC, had a child by someone of a different race or gender, whatever...you do not control how other people perceive a character nor should you waste your breath, or horribly written typing skills, to try and dictate what a person does or doesn't like. By all means, bash the subject matter, since that's really the only thing you can do, but it seems like a waste to persuade force someone to look at your view of anything as treat it as such. Stop acting like you know what's best for everybody and keep to your damn self.

"Fanfiction is not about simply churning out more and more iterations of existing characters and worlds, or rather, it's not just about that. It's about doing things with those existing characters and worlds that their creators couldn't or wouldn't do."

-Lev Grossman

I agree with you to a degree. When a character is so out of character that they become a parody of themselves (despite the author insisting they're exactly how they are in canon), then I think a reader should politely comment. But otherwise? People need to just shut up if they don't agree with the fic's plot. It's one of those "don't like it? then don't read it." situations. *ducks back into her hiding place*

---

Sick of:
People planning things and not letting me know until the very last minute. Honestly, how hard is it to say someone's coming over in a week? Though...it would have been nice to know that last week.....

V

Oldschool DMC fan
People acting like characters have to be one way and one way ONLY (the way their creator made them). Whether they are put into a yaoi/yuri situation, given a romantic link, broke up from a romantic link, act OOC, had a child by someone of a different race or gender, whatever...you do not control how other people perceive a character nor should you waste your breath, or horribly written typing skills, to try and dictate what a person does or doesn't like. By all means, bash the subject matter, since that's really the only thing you can do, but it seems like a waste to persuade force someone to look at your view of anything as treat it as such. Stop acting like you know what's best for everybody and keep to your damn self.

"Fanfiction is not about simply churning out more and more iterations of existing characters and worlds, or rather, it's not just about that. It's about doing things with those existing characters and worlds that their creators couldn't or wouldn't do."

-Lev Grossman

Yeah, if you can't experiment and play about with the characters, what's the point of fan art or fiction? I like to be different sometimes when I do fanart, and I always get comments if I even imagine them a bit different than canon. If you want them super-canon, draw them yourself, etc. ...and don't get me started on people who just gotta tell you they don't like a ship.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Yeah, if you can't experiment and play about with the characters, what's the point of fan art or fiction? I like to be different sometimes when I do fanart, and I always get comments if I even imagine them a bit different than canon. If you want them super-canon, draw them yourself, etc. ...and don't get me started on people who just gotta tell you they don't like a ship.

This. F*cking this.:D

Oh that ship thing...LOL I was scrolling through the comments on a YT page a while back about the pairings of Alucard/Seras vs Alucard/Integra and I'm just like

405266907.jpg

What.Is.The.Point? One set of fans obviously likes to spin the characters in this matter and the other side was just livid that their favorite character was paired with someone else. I don't get it. There's pairings/characters of different types and flavors that you can find other users who like to implement them into their own imaginations. Geez, I hope hell never unleashes if someone decides to make Slender Man and Dante a pairing walking through a field of tulips while singing 'Cola' by Lana Del Rey. :nailbiting:

XTrishXCosplayer

I'm sick of hearing about Attack on titan related topics all over my fb news feed XD I got noting against people who like it,but geez...
I'm tired of the types of guys i've liked previously,just dont get me at all,im not so hard to understand
Sick of being alone for so many years

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm sick of the combination of hospitals and a very distressed autistic boy. Hopefully the worst is behind us now...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Greedy corporations removing the truth from youtube just because someone uncovered a rather damning PDF file about their 'sustainability plan' which boiled down to taking advantage of the 3rd world cheap labour and profiting from the expanding population, even though they stated in their plan that they were aware that water and natural fuels were running out. Disgusting.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Depression, erratic moods, music on my mp3 (well, some of it... most of it's Duran Duran), this laptop not being able to play music properly, my dad blaming things on Tilly (she's a cat ffs, it's not her fault... you're the human, use your brain). Buying stuff for my dad, then him being a d*ck so I end up questioning why I buy him stuff when he doesn't deserve it. This headache, being cold, having to used special 'dermatological' soap, the itch which 'said soap' is supposed to help, Dancing on Ice (TV program), my bedroom, the stuff I need to find places for in the bedroom... :banghead:

I leave it there... I'll be here forever.:dead:

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
society, people, bang boom splat annihilation, kill kill kill!!! Genocide, everything gone.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
People using rape as a way to make two characters fall in love in fiction. Just-just-just no. NO. Stop. Like now. Seriously. >_<

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Darker and lighter re-imaginings. Apparently, that's the only thing the film and videogame industry are attempting right now; darker re-imaginings of lighter flicks and vice-versa. Take Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, for example. The movie was good, I actually enjoyed it a lot, but whose bright idea was to have Zack Snyder, the guy who made Watchmen, the most depressing superhero movie, take the mantle?! If there's anything Zack is not known about, that's a family friendly movie.

In the other hand, Jose Padilha takes the responsibility to direct the remake of Robocop. Now imagine, Robocop, that classic flick that had a lot of gore, violence, nudity, drug abuse and was given an R-rating is now remade to a PG-13 movie.

Seriously. Guys. Stop it.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
People coming into forums and interrupting the content other people enjoy talking about just to troll/get a rise out of people. Nothing gets accomplished and it makes you look like a pathetic, socially inept t*rd.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Dirty looks from neighbour's son's girlfriend as she speeds into the street only to find that we weren't joking when we warned her that she wouldn't be able to park there any more. Chick please - you are nearly 30, work in a bank...'bout time you and your boyfriend flew the nest anyway, dontcha think?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Games hiding dated mechanics and systems behind 'pretty' GFX and flashy set pieces and gamers lapping those games up because 'The GFX are the best evvaarrr and everything else sucks compared to this!1'. There are more innovative games out there that dont have the most flashy GFX or the biggest budgets that are doing more for the industry than another recycled gameplay sequel with more polished GFX year in year out.

Lost track of the amount of times people have asked me either what im playing lately or asked for some recommendations of some games in certain genres and then when I have told them their reply has been 'Oh I cant play that because the GFX suck and 'insert game here' is better because the GFX are superior'.

Games shouldnt be judged by their GFX alone and lately the amount of Frames per Second they are or what their output resolution is, they should be judged by if they are actually good games that push the industry forward. Who cares if a couple of pixels looks a little hazy or jagged when compared side by side to another platform, play the games as a gamer and dont be so shallow.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Games hiding dated mechanics and systems behind 'pretty' GFX and flashy set pieces and gamers lapping those games up because 'The GFX are the best evvaarrr and everything else sucks compared to this!1'. There are more innovative games out there that dont have the most flashy GFX or the biggest budgets that are doing more for the industry than another recycled gameplay sequel with more polished GFX year in year out.

Lost track of the amount of times people have asked me either what im playing lately or asked for some recommendations of some games in certain genres and then when I have told them their reply has been 'Oh I cant play that because the GFX suck and 'insert game here' is better because the GFX are superior'.

Games shouldnt be judged by their GFX alone and lately the amount of Frames per Second they are or what their output resolution is, they should be judged by if they are actually good games that push the industry forward. Who cares if a couple of pixels looks a little hazy or jagged when compared side by side to another platform, play the games as a gamer and dont be so shallow.

Dear god, this... I was told that Dark Souls was a terrible game because the graphics weren't as good as Battlefield 4. Um, whot? Seriously?

Top Bottom