• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
My proof of Whispers of Nowhere.

22489968_357928154666917_6426702947778703143_n.jpg

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So now that I've finally collected all of the Volumes of "Akumetsu" (literally translates as "Destroyer of Evil") physically, I gave it a re-read and man it's still good. :thumbsup:

183734.jpg

It's kind of hard to give a synopsis to, but to sum it up - A highschool boy turns masked vigilante and starts hunting down the powerful and corrupt members of society and publically kills them. Of course he gets killed himself during his first attempt...but all is not as it appears as the masked man "Akumetsu" appears again the next night.

So yeah, people sometimes compare this series to Death Note and I can kinda see some similarities, but unlike the tense, high stake battle between Light and L, Akumetsu is more cerebral and grounded - offering insight into how politics and economy lead to corruption, as well as the dangers of vigilantism and how far revolution can go before it just becomes terrorism. As an added bonus, I was amused that the corrupt victims very clearly resembled their real life counterparts in Government which I was surprised the series got away with.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

I bought the duology two months ago, and have been itching to get into it since quite awhile beforehand.

So far, so good. :thumbsup:

(And oh my gods, I love the layout of these books, and the black and red edging of their pages. So pretty! ^^)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
1009971.jpg
Got done reading the Jedi Academy Trilogy, and was a little let down by its disappointing conclusion, so I decided to give its supplementary novel I, Jedi a glance...and good God, is it awesome. This is like a Tom Clancy novel set in the Star Wars universe.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
latest
Just got done speeding through the first book in the Hand of Thrawn Duology, Specter of the Past. For all my enjoyment of it, this book felt like a MASSIVE tease of what's to come. Maybe that's intentional, but it's extremely aggravating to get to the end of this novel only to have the questions raised at the beginning...the destruction of Camaas, the Bonthan Conspiracy, the mysterious aliens Mara encounters, the possible survival of Thrawn...only to just heighten those same questions by novel's end without answering them. That's like promising someone a juicy steak, and then just cranking up the aroma. Just GIVE ME the damn steak already!

Quite a cruel tactic to make me want to read the direct sequel, but one I can forgive considering how enjoyable the book still was.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Occultic;Nine" Volume 1. From the same creator who wrote that little known series called "Steins;Gate".

Occultic_Nine%2C_volume_1.jpg

The basic sum-up is that strange goings on in Tokyo are happening and Yuta Gamon, a NEET who runs a website dedicated to debunking the "Occult" investigates...only to get trapped in a dark conspiracy as he meets eight other youths who are involved in the paranormal.
So yeah, a really awesome series though I definitely would recommend starting with the books before trying the anime. The anime basically crammed a 24 episode plot into a 12 episode show and as a result, had pacing that reached lightspeed and beyond in places.

Top Bottom