• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Since Viz cancelled the English release of Gintama, I've been collecting it in JPN and reading through it. It's probably one of my favourite comedies. :thumbsup:

Gintamavol01cover.jpg

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
@WolfOD64 I can't even remember the official title for it, but the Thrawn Trilogy is definitely one of my favourite sets from the Star Wars novels.
That would be the Trilogy I'm currently reading, with Heir to the Empire being the first entry, Dark Force Rising being second, and Last Command coming in last.

Only a quarter into Rising. This Bonthan conspiracy is getting quite juicy.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished

Completely worth the year and a half wait (or was it longer?) after LittleBookOwl promoted it on her youtube channel. Of course, some stories were better than others, but definitely some engaging reads. :thumbsup:

Moving on to:

Though she seldom (if ever) comes on here anymore, this one was written by one of our own, and self-published through Smashwords (and transferrable to Kindle). I've read a handful of chapters back when she was first writing it, and it was really well done--so if you're looking for a good epic fantasy, consider giving it a read. ^^

WolfOD64

Coyc8mIXgAAufB6.jpg
Just plowed through Dark Force Rising, about to start the last book of the Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy: The Last Command.

I have to say, considering these were written in the early 90's, Timothy Zahn really took an unexplored potential plot avenue of the Clone Wars and expanded upon it in spades....AND provided an alternate explanation for why the Kaminoans breed clones to grow at such a fast rate. This is almost a full decade before Attack of the Clones was even scripted, by the way.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt" Volume 4 obtained and read within the same day. It's so sad that I finish so quickly. But yeah, Thunderbolt continues to be a good addition to the Gundam franchise. :thumbsup:

9781421593029_manga-mobile-suit-gundam-thunderbolt-4-primary.jpg

WolfOD64

f2179f30f6fd8560f86e6a84e52cbb53875b4758_hq.jpg
Just finished the climactic final entry in the Thrawn Trilogy, called The Last Command. Was the ending fulfilling enough, you ask? Well, I got to see my favorite character Mara Jade kick all kinds of ass, and the whole "clone" subplot led up to a confrontation between Luke Skywalker...and a genetic clone forged from the hand he lost on Cloud City.

In other words....it was amazing. Now, time to see what all this Dark Empire business is all about...

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Read through a bunch of book samples, the ones that intrigued me most being:

-Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire
-The Magicians by Lev Grossman
-The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
-Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (I think I've done this one before)
-The Fifth Doll by Charlie N. Holmberg

Also just finished:

And now I'm moving onto...

...because apparently I'm feeling masochistic.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've started reading the novel adaptations of the "Umineko" VN games. The basic premise of the series is that a bunch of people have gathered on a remote island only to be slowly killed off one by one. Sound familiar? The first arc is a loving homage to Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" but with a horror bend to it. Subsequent arcs deal more in deconstructing the Detective Genre and stuff. Overall a good series that is sadly underrated. :thumbsup:

634777652059405000.jpg

WolfOD64

JediSearchJapanesecover.jpg
Reading the first of the Jedi Academy Trilogy, Jedi Search. (No, not in Japanese...it's just that the Japanese tend to get the cooler Star Wars book cover art).

Is it bad that with all the galaxy-changing events happening, the one thing keeping me reading is all the adorable scenes with Leia interacting with her twins for the first time? Lightsaber duels and starship battles are cool, but I'm just fawning over all these intimate scenes with the Solo family.

Top Bottom