• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
in terms of stories I finished Dreaming Eagles by Garth Ennis and started upon The Sheriff of Babylon by Tom King.

STK692493.jpg

610Z8QiarPL.jpg

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium

I'm pretty much speeding through this one. Combination of, "I'm genuinely enjoying this" and "Yay! Reading slump over!"

I honestly figure when I re-read the first book, I'll probably enjoy it more than I did the first time around. That said, of course I'm still finding certain things irksome in the sequel; I'm just hoping those things smooth out by the end of the book (the way other things did at the end of book one).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Started this on Tuesday:

About 70 pages to go. Apparently the paperback of book three isn't available until September. T_T I either wait it out, or cave (like I did with Shades of Magic) and get the third in Hardcover.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Started reading this Saturday and finished Sunday:

Since Monday, I've been re-reading The Night Circus. I hate how the blurb on the back gave it bad press (because the synopsis is somewhat misleading in terms of content) when the book is an otherwise enjoyable read. I mean, yeah; all books, no matter how good, have flaws--but considering this was a debut novel in the first place, it was fantastic, and blows some seasoned works out of the water.

I figure I'm going to be doing a few more re-reads for a bit, so I probably won't post until I've got something new on the go. ^^;

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
513mUpdxfmL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This'un! It's the 2nd in a series of 6 books, and while the first was a pretty standard spacefaring adventure with some subterfuge, this one gets dicey when the main character has to join a merc group to steal info from them.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"The musical sound of breaking the law..."

9782253002826-001-T.jpeg

An old favourite, but reading it in it's original language for the first time. As much as I love Sherlock Holmes, Arsène Lupin has always been my childhood hero of choice. <3

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
This:

I'm only a few chapters in, and I'm already in love with this book. I know so little about the Erlking legends, so it's incredibly refreshing to find a novel that works that angle (with a nice little "Labyrinth" feel thrown in for good measure).

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
Too much fan fiction for my own good. But hey, they're well-written. I've sort of given up on published novels because they're more often than not too convoluted for my liking, plot-wise.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Took a jaunt down Nostalgia Boulevard, and read this today:

It's funny, because originally, I never read the book; my third-grade teacher read this to the class. Even after all these years, the story stuck with me, so when I found the opportunity to procure a copy for myself, I did. ^^

Now I'm onto:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Got about 60 pages into Throne of Glass...and I threw it onto the DNF pile. I pretty much never do that, but I can't. I just can't force myself to go any further, because the MC is just so. Effing. Irritating. (Not to bag on anyone who likes the series; if you do, great! I'm glad someone does...it's just not for me). The final nail in the coffin was looking up reviews on goodreads, just to see the complaints I'd already started formulating early on were an ongoing issue throughout the entire book.

I wanted to like it; if for no other reason because I own the first three. Sadly, I just can't see me trying again, nor getting further in the series, even if I could slog through the first book, start to finish.

Now I'm tentatively reading this:

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
51yaVDYTAFL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I bought because im a constantine fan through the show and that art is amazing.

Plus it was discounted.

The writing is pretty good and it made me realize im really into the supernatural.

Thats actually one area marvel and dc could do better.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Henry Kissinger said:
Any system of World Order, to be sustainable, must be accepted as just - not only by leaders, but also by citizens. It must reflect two truths: order without freedom, even if sustainable by momentary exaltation, eventually creates its own counterpoise; yet freedom cannot be secured or sustained without a framework of order to keep the peace. Can today's leaders rise above the urgency of day-to-day events to achieve this balance?

9i4FrGqm.jpg

"World Order: Reflections on the Character of Nations and the Course of History" by Henry Kissinger.

Might be seen as boring by some, but I really find both politics and history very interesting so either Schelling's or Kissinger's works are a must read for me. :thumbsup:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Monstress_01-1.png

Its a dense fantasy world which can make it hard to follow but it can be a good read.

It has an anime sensibility in how the characters act and move which is interesting to me.

It has a female majority cast (neither good nor bad just something ive noticed).

Top Bottom