• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Howl's Moving Castle.

Funnily enough, the author originally imagined the castle to be floating, but it's left ambiguous in the book so when Miyazaki adapted it into a film he interpreted it as a walking castle. This image of the castle became so iconic that he reprints show he castle with legs. Well, regardless of what you think of the film, it did inspire the author to write more books in he series, only to pass away while writing the fourth book. :'(

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Howl's Moving Castle.

Funnily enough, the author originally imagined the castle to be floating, but it's left ambiguous in the book so when Miyazaki adapted it into a film he interpreted it as a walking castle. This image of the castle became so iconic that he reprints show he castle with legs. Well, regardless of what you think of the film, it did inspire the author to write more books in he series, only to pass away while writing the fourth book. :'(

There was more than one book for Howl's Moving Castle? :eek: I didn't know that. I know the author had another series, The Chrestomanci series (which I've been considering looking into alongside Howl's Moving Castle--I know it'll be different from it, but I adore the movie, so I figure it would be a good idea to read the book, too).

It's a shame she didn't get to finish. :(

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
There was more than one book for Howl's Moving Castle? :eek: I didn't know that. I know the author had another series, The Chrestomanci series (which I've been considering looking into alongside Howl's Moving Castle--I know it'll be different from it, but I adore the movie, so I figure it would be a good idea to read the book, too).

It's a shame she didn't get to finish. :(
Yep, the books are Castle In the Air and House Of Many Ways. Though neither follow Sophie Hatter but do feature cameos from Howl. But Howl is the only one I've read (well reading) so far.

And indeed it was a terrible shame she didn't get to finish, cancer took her too soon :'(

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Yep, the books are Castle In the Air and House Of Many Ways. Though neither follow Sophie Hatter but do feature cameos from Howl. But Howl is the only one I've read (well reading) so far.

And indeed it was a terrible shame she didn't get to finish, cancer took her too soon :'(

Ah, one of those "connected but not connected" series. The Chrestomanci one (from what I've seen in the summaries) is similar. There's one character that shows up in most (if not all) but the rest of the characters are always different. :)

I might give those other ones a look-see too. ^^

(It's because of stuff like that that I feel compelled to get my work done while I can. D: Death can take anyone at any time--age be damned).

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
50 Shades of Grey.
Probably the only book I've ever had that was left untouched for an entire week after bringing it home. Forced myself to pick it up and start reading.
And yeah.
I haven't met Mr. Grey yet. I'm about to. You know. Once the author decides to stop the melodramatic build-up to it. :banghead:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
50 Shades of Grey.
Probably the only book I've ever had that was left untouched for an entire week after bringing it home. Forced myself to pick it up and start reading.
And yeah.
I haven't met Mr. Grey yet. I'm about to. You know. Once the author decides to stop the melodramatic build-up to it. :banghead:
Why exactly are you subjecting yourself to torture?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
50 Shades of Grey.
And yeah.
It's fine to stop at any point, no one will blame you.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
When Marnie Was There by Joan G Robinson.

Anna reminds me a lot of myself when I was her age. So far my favourite part is when she arrives in her new home and she's struggling to understand anyone with their thick country accents ^_^

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
"Ask a Policeman" probably the worst detective novel I have ever read. It was written in five acts by five different authors, without any collaboration between them. The end result? A mess of a novel that's so convoluted and contrived that it shatters most of the Ten Rules of Detective Fiction. Including #1, the most basic!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
under-the-dome.jpg

No, Mr. King. No no no. Thats not how you write town's people. Why Salem's Lot offered so diverse and complex characters and yet Under the Dome reduced its character to shallow "those are good folks" or "those are bad folks". Very disappointing novel….

Top Bottom