• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Batman comics. :D Also rereading the novels based on the Nolan-verse movies so I can start reading either Batman: Fear Itself by Michael Reaves and Steven-Elliot Altman or Batman: Arkham Knight: The Riddler's Gambit by Alex Irvine. Shall write up a review for whatever one I read when read.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Finished Cold Days by Jim Butcher.
"I suppose I could go get you your duster now, though."
"I'd look like a flasher," I said.
-
"I've done it enough to know that you and I are the Titanic."
"We're people," I said. "Not some f***ing ship."
-
But before it could grab me, there was a rush of footsteps, and a four-legged form consisting entirely of what looked like mud slammed into its rearmost leg.
The mud creature hit the rawhead hard. The power of its impact cracked bones and blew the leg out from beneath the rawhead. The fae giant bellowed a ground-shaking roar. A ton of bloody bones fell, and the mud creature, white teeth flashing, kept after it.
Snarling.
-
"Look," I said. "Me and the island are...kind of partners."
"Oh, right," Thomas said. He looked at Karrin and said, "Harry's a geosexual."
-
"Down, down to goblin town you go, my lad!" I sang in a hearty, badly pitched baritone. I was panting. "Ho, ho, my lad!"
Demonreach's glowing eyes flicked toward me. Maybe irritated.
"Oh, come on," I said. "You never saw the Rankin-Bass animated version of The Hobbit? The one they made before they did the movies in New Zealand?"
It didn't answer.
"Harry," Bob muttered at me. "Stop trying to **** it off."
"I'm bored," I said.
-
"I'm not ambivalent."
"You know better, but you're being a moron about it anyway," Bob said.
-
"I need broadband, Harry."
"That's a computer thing, right?"
"Philistine," Bob the Skull muttered.
-

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished Storm Front yesterday. Started The Golden Compass today. (And children's book, my ass! YA at the absolute least. I swear they refer it to the children's section just because the MC happens to be a child. The plot seems to dictate otherwise. Liking it a lot, and seeing a fair bit of difference from the movie, already).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Duma_whole.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
He did a version of the Grimm fairytales?! :eek: I must find this treasure...
He turns them into more coherent and sensical stories.
I also had no idea that Rapunzel's mother wanted to abort her or that she sold her to the witch. Or that Rapunzel ended up a beggar. And they like to leave out the part about the prince being blinded by thorns, too. It's got a happy ending, but I like the horrible bits in-between.

Top Bottom