• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you reading?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Did it have what you needed?

So far, yeah. A lot of it is still analysis, comparing the works of Homer, Ovid, Hesiod, and so on, but the stories are also present--some in greater detail than others, though that, I think, has to do with the fact that some myths had richer detail to begin with, while others never made it passed the initial thinking stage. ^^

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. :)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Recommend it? I don't have any detailed version of them any more and I could probably do with one given that the uni course had mentioned Greeks and Greek works more than once already, it probably will again next year.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Recommend it? I don't have any detailed version of them any more and I could probably do with one given that the uni course had mentioned Greeks and Greek works more than once already, it probably will again next year.

Considering it was written in the 1940's and is still thought of as one of the greatest books on classical mythology, I'd definitely recommend it. ^^ Another one I'd recommend is "Classical Mythology" by Mark P.O. Morford and Robert J. Lenardon. It's pretty detailed too--both story-wise, and in their cross-analysis.

(It wasn't until after I ordered Edith's book that I found the other buried in my closet; figures. On the plus side, the more material you have to work with, the better).

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Moonfleet by John Falkner. I never got to read it in school. But the TV drama with Ray Winstone got me interested and it's great!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Just finished reading the Dispossessed trilogy by Page Morgan.

The feels. Oh my heart. I want to curl into a ball and weep for the next four days. It's that good.
Demon hunters. Angels. Demons. Half-demons. Twins. Sounds like DMC right, but sooooooo original.
It's the 1900's, it's Paris, it's shapeshifting GARGOYLES, so yes there's a lot of prim and proper behavior but the constant scenes of NAKED GUYS makes up for it. And ladies in corset dresses and boots kicking demon booty is actually very appealing.
And then, of course, there's Nolan Quinn. YES I totally DID name my kid after him. He's witty and charismatic and he's got a Scottish accent - total win in my books. I guess it doesn't help that I've got the author on my pinterest and know what Nolan looks like either. Hotness overload.
Now I DO have this fetish for fair haired guys ( and by this logic I should have liked Vander and Grayson more) but you can tell when a writer has put effort into crafting a character, and Mr.Quinn oozes with it. (he's also the first character I've come across in print who referred to himself in third person. WIT LEVEL:600.)

This is a bloody brilliant series. Seriously recommend it. And with recommend, I mean I'm going to be forcing everyone I know to read it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just finished reading the Dispossessed trilogy by Page Morgan.

The feels. Oh my heart. I want to curl into a ball and weep for the next four days. It's that good.
Demon hunters. Angels. Demons. Half-demons. Twins. Sounds like DMC right, but sooooooo original.
It's the 1900's, it's Paris, it's shapeshifting GARGOYLES, so yes there's a lot of prim and proper behavior but the constant scenes of NAKED GUYS makes up for it. And ladies in corset dresses and boots kicking demon booty is actually very appealing.
And then, of course, there's Nolan Quinn. YES I totally DID name my kid after him. He's witty and charismatic and he's got a Scottish accent - total win in my books. I guess it doesn't help that I've got the author on my pinterest and know what Nolan looks like either. Hotness overload.
Now I DO have this fetish for fair haired guys ( and by this logic I should have liked Vander and Grayson more) but you can tell when a writer has put effort into crafting a character, and Mr.Quinn oozes with it. (he's also the first character I've come across in print who referred to himself in third person. WIT LEVEL:600.)

This is a bloody brilliant series. Seriously recommend it. And with recommend, I mean I'm going to be forcing everyone I know to read it.

I'm sold...and not because of the nekkidness. xD I like witty characters. I adore them. I need more of them in my life, lol.

First chance I get, I'm looking this trilogy up.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Currently beta-reading an untitled manuscript for publishing, about this... weird anti-social guy... who seems to have a fetish... for doing...stuff...to corpses?
Um.
Ew.
Just. Ew. Hopefully there's more to the story than that.

Um...oh my. ._. I'm so tempted to ask for the fic name, but I'm also utterly terrified.

--

Currently reading over some of my notes.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Um...oh my. ._. I'm so tempted to ask for the fic name, but I'm also utterly terrified.
No idea. The attachment in the email is simply labelled 'story'. The email itself is quite blunt yet repetitive asking for feedback on grammar in the first and last chapter only. I get these beta-request emails often and out of the blue, but this one in particular gives me the chills.
If I didn't know that it was from my little brother, I'd be changing my email addi right now >.<

Current read:
Fallen by Lauren Kate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom