• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Guild Wars 2 Fractals CM's,Resident Evil Revelations 2,Evil Within and tons of browser games.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
  • Garou: Mark of the Wolves
  • Final Fight
  • Battle Circuit
I've been playing Bayonetta 2 again for the past couple of weeks. I beat Age of Calamity over 3 weeks ago, and been doing a lot more side missions. Also, the final boss, Calamity Ganon has been stealing from Urizen apparently. Not too much, but that have some similar attacks.

I'll be playing Last Blade 2 and Fighting Ex Layer later too.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Valheim & before I knew it an hour had passed (was only meant to be trying it quickly to test a few things).
Yeah, yeah...a likely story :sneaky:

I bought Heart of China from GOG yesterday and it turns out I'm still horrendous at it, 30 years after first playing it. Graphics look good for a game made in 1991 though. Died twice within the first three minutes - I forgot that point and click titles of the early 90's are not as forgiving as more modern ones. I got beaten up by some prostitute and her friend the first time and then got beaten up by guards of a fortress the second time because I forgot my cow.

Not even kidding with that last bit. I needed a cow.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yeah, yeah...a likely story :sneaky:

I bought Heart of China from GOG yesterday and it turns out I'm still horrendous at it, 30 years after first playing it. Graphics look good for a game made in 1991 though. Died twice within the first three minutes - I forgot that point and click titles of the early 90's are not as forgiving as more modern ones. I got beaten up by some prostitute and her friend the first time and then got beaten up by guards of a fortress the second time because I forgot my cow.

Not even kidding with that last bit. I needed a cow.

Happened again this afternoon and another hour passed in blink of an eye, kind of addictive once you get started.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Dark Drakan

I looked it up on Steam seems to be early access but from the reviews everyone is saying it's worth the price as there's just so much to do and does it really only require 1GB download space?

Last game I played was Halo 5 with my nephew yesterday we jumped on there and played some campaign but my Xbox decided to crash and turn off on the second mission so we ended up playing custom games and it was a lot of fun actually if I'm honest.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan

I looked it up on Steam seems to be early access but from the reviews everyone is saying it's worth the price as there's just so much to do and does it really only require 1GB download space?

I have only played just over 2 hours but have really enjoyed it so far and I know I havent even scratched the surface at all. The initial installation is a little over 500MB if I remember correctly but needs around 1GB of space to install. Only been out for a week and has over 1 million sales and is Number 1 game on Steam at the moment and going to be in early access for around a year. It only had 1 developer at the start and think they have a team of around 7 currently.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'm on my youngest son's Minecraft game...every time he leaves a room in the mansion he's building, I fill it with enemies.

Or dolphins.

Kitchen is crammed with ocelots right now.

He's getting so mad at me...

ESPOMAN

I just played through the X-Men Origins Wolverine game and for a movie tie in it was good. I would put it in the same tier as The Force Unleashed where the game ends right before it gets too repetitive. On the PS3 version at least I had a decent amount of slow down which was annoying also on the hardest default difficulty, especially with the regenerating health, I felt it was too easy just to mindless mash buttons or do one of the claw spins. Also the Africa portion of the game goes on forever and gets annoying by the end.

I thought the boss fights weren't bad. The only one that slightly annoyed me was the Deadpool one because there was a decent amount of slowdown and I fell off the building and died twice. But overall, I enjoyed it. I am not sure if I enjoyed it enough to replay it on the now unlocked hard mode but time will tell. I will say that in comparing it to The Force Unleashed as IMO both games are pretty similar (God of War inspired games) that The Force Unleashed had better moment to moment gameplay with less slowdown and a bit more challenging on the highest default difficulty. But X-Men has way better boss fights. But I will give the edge to Force Unleashed because the force powers are fun.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Like everyone else it seems I played the "Triangle Strategy" demo since I'm a huge fan of SRPGs. Man, that has got to be the longest demo I've ever played at what had to be well over three hours. But I enjoyed the lot of it.

The combat felt like a slightly watered down version of FF Tactics, but that could just be them not showing everything at once. Definitely the most intriguing thing was the whole "Scales of Conviction" mechanic whereby you have to use the information you've gathered to persuade your allies to side with your desired outcome in the vote. Definitely curious to play through the demo a second time to see how different the plot plays out if you sacrifice Roland to save your own skin.

The main gripe I do have is the dialogue. Aside form the fact that everyone sounds like they're on their first take, they're definitely leaning heavily into the "Ye Olde Ænglisc" which definitely isn't for everyone, especially if you aren't familiar with feudal terminology like "demesne" and the like.

Overall I enjoyed it a lot and would definitely recommend it to any fans of the genre. :)

Top Bottom