• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Just got Rom and the Cainhurst Crow on Bloodborne, not sure if I'm going for Ludwig or Amygdala next so relaxing with a bit of Animal Crossing.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Beat "Vampyr".

Despite being somewhat of a glitchy mess, I really enjoyed the setting, the characters and the interesting ripple effects that your choices have. The locked autosave definitely works against this game as a large part of its charm is being an RPG and seeing how your choices matter. Plus since it's easy to botch things up and miss optional content it takes away from the experience since the game is long enough that only the most dedicated would do multiple runs of it.

I ended up doing a pacifist run, not snacking on a single citizen which while hard (since I was so underleveled as a result) but it was worth it to see the best ending. I am tempted to go back and go full man-eater on the citizens if I ever feel like replaying it.

Like I said a while back, I definitely would be intrigued if the company were to make more games like this instead of their other stuff.

Dark Prince

The Alpha & The Omega
So far I enjoyed Vergil DLC gameplay and as a new player here what I say for now:

I don't force myself to play stylish just enjoy the game and my opinion on Vergil weapons (devil arms):

Yamato for both close and air combos.
Beowulf for close range in my opinion.
And finally our beloved force edge is good for demons hordes.

I still go through the game normally to collect red orbs so no worries I can still enjoy the gameplay.

Last edited:

Aurelius

Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One and Skyrim on PC.
... It appears that I have another copy of Skyrim on my Xbox as well. Cyberpunk seems to be losing this battle of wits...

ESPOMAN

I just played through The Force Unleashed on the PS3 for the first time (I previously played the PSP version) and I thought that it was ok. The force powers are fun to play around with but towards the middle of the game the enemies take a few hits with the lightsaber to kill them and it is pretty annoying doing that. The combat is ok I guess, it is not deep or anything, but I was not too annoyed with it. You could tell it was kind of inspired by GOW with the quick time events in the boss fights. The boss fights themselves are not very good, and the challenge of the game comes from when they throw a bunch of enemies and AT-ST at you. But overall, on the hardest difficult unlocked from the beginning I did not think it was really that hard. Jedi Academy is still my favorite Star Wars game gameplay wise.
I am now playing through Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 for the first time in while. I noticed the combat is pretty similar to the Batman games. The game still has my favorite web slinging. I ordered Web of Shadows because I think it looks interesting.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I just played through The Force Unleashed on the PS3 for the first time (I previously played the PSP version) and I thought that it was ok. The force powers are fun to play around with but towards the middle of the game the enemies take a few hits with the lightsaber to kill them and it is pretty annoying doing that. The combat is ok I guess, it is not deep or anything, but I was not too annoyed with it. You could tell it was kind of inspired by GOW with the quick time events in the boss fights. The boss fights themselves are not very good, and the challenge of the game comes from when they throw a bunch of enemies and AT-ST at you. But overall, on the hardest difficult unlocked from the beginning I did not think it was really that hard. Jedi Academy is still my favorite Star Wars game gameplay wise.
I am now playing through Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 for the first time in while. I noticed the combat is pretty similar to the Batman games. The game still has my favorite web slinging. I ordered Web of Shadows because I think it looks interesting.
I have never played Star Wars Force Unleashed. As for Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 that is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I absolutely love that game and agree with you that the web swinging is definitely one of the best out of all the Spider-Man games (up there with the new Spider-Man games on PS4/PS5).

Lastly, from what I can remember, Web of Shadows was a lot of fun. Not as nostalgic of a game as Spider-Man 2 for me but still a good fun game.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Finished Age of Calamity, so I picked up my other Christmas present game: Fire Emblem, Three Houses.

Anybody into the Fire Emblem series: are all the games basically like a tabletop, tactical RP? (As in you have set spaces you can move your characters and attacks are essentially turn-based)? Just curious, as it's not a type of game I have much experience with.

Aurelius

You know you’ve been hanging with the Resident Evil fans for too long when you kinda want the female barbarian in Diablo 3 to step on you! :ROFL:
... FYI, so not objectifying her...

Normally I play as the ranged characters but it’s refreshing to return the old stomping grounds that is the melee fighter. I tried Crusader because they are pretty much the battlemage of the game but for some reason the spark just wasn’t there for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom