• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Just stopped playing my first Final Fantasy game, FF13, one of the most boring games I've ever played. Never gonna play FF again for sure.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Assassin's Creed 4, and I'm actually having fun with it. Certainly a step up from 3 for me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Assassin's Creed 4, and I'm actually having fun with it. Certainly a step up from 3 for me.

Im REALLY hoping that I feel the same way, Fiancee got me an Xbox One (arriving Jan 9th) and Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4 for Christmas. Im yet to fully finish ACIII because I got really bored with it but want to see the end so I can try Assassins Creed IV. Im really hoping that im going to be pleasantly surprised but im not going in with high hopes.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Im REALLY hoping that I feel the same way, Fiancee got me an Xbox One (arriving Jan 9th) and Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4 for Christmas. Im yet to fully finish ACIII because I got really bored with it but want to see the end so I can try Assassins Creed IV. Im really hoping that im going to be pleasantly surprised but im not going in with high hopes.
I made myself finish AC3 after my initial play which didn't last long, so I didn't go into AC4 expecting much, but I like it more than 3. It needs improvement, but I am enjoying it a lot more than 3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I made myself finish AC3 after my initial play which didn't last long, so I didn't go into AC4 expecting much, but I like it more than 3. It needs improvement, but I am enjoying it a lot more than 3.

That has given me a shred of hope at least as I have enjoyed ACIII the least out of them all and so many good ideas that were just half baked in it or not executed properly and didnt care for Connor or his story. I will see how I feel about ACIV when my Xbox One arrives but so far I think the series needs an overhaul to get back to basics and to stop throwing so many rushed half arsed ideas into the games just so they have more bullet points on the box.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Batman: Arkham City. Finished Arkham Asylum a little over a week ago, so I figured I might as well attempt Arkham City. I swear this game hates me. *really, really, really doesn't want to fight Freeze but has nothing else to do in game at this point*

sylvanas

One Hell of a Member
I just got a Nintendo 2DS and I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening.
I so want to get my hands on the Ace Attorney series.
I can't stand playing it on emulator.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well, towards Christmas, I bought quite a few games, and that's pretty much carried on now.

Beyond Two Souls, The Last of Us, Blade Kitten, Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD, Lego Star Wars III, Sleeping Dogs.

Yesterday, I bought and have yet to try: Batman: Arkham Asylum (360), Batman: Arkham City (360) and Star Wars Battlefront II.
I can't believe the price of the DLC for Catwoman and Harley Quinn in LIVE... £6.75 each! That's just nuts...

Dark Drakan

Admin
WWE 2K14 (360) and Assassins Creed IV (Xbox One) and I am actually enjoying ACIV a lot more than I did ACIII.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Since Ground Zeros is only a month and a half away I'm beginning my playthrough of all the Metal Gear games starting at Metal Gear 1. Can't wait for Ground Zeros :)

Can someone quickly tell me if Portable Ops is canon and essential to the story because I've seen people arguing that it isn't.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Since Ground Zeros is only a month and a half away I'm beginning my playthrough of all the Metal Gear games starting at Metal Gear 1. Can't wait for Ground Zeros :)

Can someone quickly tell me if Portable Ops is canon and essential to the story because I've seen people arguing that it isn't.
I think it's canon. Basically, Portable Ops tells you what Naked Snake did after Metal Gear Solid 3 and before Peace Walker. It also introduces you to Null aka Gray Fox, Roy Campbell, and others. PO also foreshadows the Les Enfants Terribles Project more than MGS3 did with Para-Medic mentioning "having" Naked Snake's baby and Naked Snake being sterile so that can't happen which then leads to a discussion about DNA and cloning. If you don't want to play it, watch the "movie" on Youtube or read it up on the wiki.

As for me: Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. Man, Patrick Stewart just got himself listed as another narrator for my life.

Maxman

Resident Evil 4 :D

Arrgghhh ! Yawwwr !!! :p

I love this game so much, it just has this awesome replay value that no matter if you have beaten the game 2 times or 900000000 times or even infinity times, you still wanna play it and it never gets old. Sad that Games nowadays dont focus much on this type of replay value :(

Shame on You RE6 for getting old too quickly ! :banghead:

Reactions: Jak

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well out of boredom (not choice) my brain 'nagged' me into playing DMC4... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Up to mission 8... GAH! It feels like such a loooooong game... :dead:... :vomit:

Ooh and Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII demo... Now THAT I like (plus, Lightning isn't as irritating as I initially thought... I just wish more FF games had that sort of battle system).

Top Bottom