• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you currently playing?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Skyrim. At the exact moment I'm typing this, I'm right outside a room full of daugr deathlords. Do not want! *hides behind her flame atronauch*

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Just finished Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. The platforming and combat of this game is really wonky. For starters, there's this stiffness that reminds me of Devil May Cry 1-3 - maybe it was just DMC1 & 2 -, from what I remember: God of War 3 and if so, then all the GoWs before it, Final Fantasy X, and probably a ton of more games that have this "stiff" feeling when moving. Why is this an issue? Well, this game has platforming and expects you to explore. In games like DMC, this isn't much of an issue since the combat is well-designed, but when the stiff movement happens in combat as well, it makes everything feel weird. Super Mario, Jak & Daxter, and tons of other platformers along with tons of other games, old and new, don't have this stiff feeling. Anyway, this just leads to unfortunate deaths like Gabriel not moving quick enough to dodge or Gabriel having little momentum while jumping and therefore landing in hazards.

Still, the voice acting, landscapes, and musical score are really well-done, despite the fact one track is used for pretty much 70% of the game. It's just Gabriel feeling so sluggish and the odd hitbox on him here and there that makes the game feel no up to par as other action-adventure and hack n' slash games. This also, by the way adds a "hidden" difficulty to the game.

Well, I hope I can finish Bayonetta before Bravely Default comes out. Apparently, I left off at Chapter 11 or so and have about 4 chapters left... So close to beating the game and I didn't realize it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well seeing as Steam are having a mega sale on, I have bought the entire Kingdoms of Amalir: Reckoning collection with all expansions and addons etc for £7.49. So in about an hour when it is downloaded, I shall be playing that.

Without god mode.

If I die, I die...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Lightning Returns Demo (PS3) There were other people playing at the same time (something that I haven't experienced on the 360).
Tomb Raider Legend
Minecraft (Still can't find any Ocelots)

Providing I'm not tired tonight, I'll go back to playing FFXIII-2

I'd also be playing 'Catherine' right now, but the 360 got 'picky' about the device.

I suppose the upside is that I've reached 9000 on my Gamerscore! (I haven't uploaded it yet).

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Fable Anniversary...as soon as mum gets home. :inlove:

It isn't out in the UK until Friday :grumpy:
I've pre-ordered a copy and I've found out that it won't be delivered until the 10th/11th... NYAH! :banghead:
I live in hope that it'll show up on the day... but I really don't think it will.

I'm pretty hooked on the Lightning Returns demo.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
It isn't out in the UK until Friday :grumpy:
I've pre-ordered a copy and I've found out that it won't be delivered until the 10th/11th... NYAH! :banghead:
I live in hope that it'll show up on the day... but I really don't think it will.

I'm pretty hooked on the Lightning Returns demo.

D: *sneaks you her controller, despite not having taken it out of the plastic yet*
=( According to mum, my copy wasn't supposed to arrive until the 5th or 6th, so...maybe yours will arrive early? ^^ *hopeful that you get it soon*

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
D: *sneaks you her controller, despite not having taken it out of the plastic yet*
=( According to mum, my copy wasn't supposed to arrive until the 5th or 6th, so...maybe yours will arrive early? ^^ *hopeful that you get it soon*

Thankies ^^
Will you be using Xbox Smartglass with it?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Thankies ^^
Will you be using Xbox Smartglass with it?

You're welcome. ^^
Well...I connected Smartglass with it for a quick, nice-sized achievement, but I'm probably not gonna use it much till I get my free dl code for the guide book in my...erm...guidebook. ._. *waiting for it to arrive* The Smartglass seems pretty cool, though. I haven't used it before today...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Today (in the post), I received 'Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition', so that.

Also, I've received an email saying the Fable Anniversary was on the way (I really hope it gets here tomorrow :nailbiting: )

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hoping to actually get to play The Wolf Among Us Episode 2 today after the season pass screw up and being unable to get it currently. Hoping the codes have been sent out when I get home so I can download it without it trying to charge me twice.

Top Bottom