• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Some of us gamers actually want a balance of gameplay, storytelling, and replay value.

And this, DmC is the better game to me because of this, it took down a bit of gameplay, but it made up with great level design, cool NO REPETITIVE music and a decent attempt to a story, a bit predictable though.

Gotta love the "YOU DONT PLAY DMC FOR THE STORY!" some people post, I play DMC however the f*** I want =D, and I want a story that at least tries to be good, DMC negelcts it's story on purpose, and I hate it.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
And this, DmC is the better game to me because of this, it took down a bit of gameplay, but it made up with great level design, cool NO REPETITIVE music and a decent attempt to a story, a bit predictable though.

Gotta love the "YOU DONT PLAY DMC FOR THE STORY!" some people post, I play DMC however the f*** I want =D, and I want a story that at least tries to be good, DMC negelcts it's story on purpose, and I hate it.

Guess I can be safe to say the DMC series has failed to live up to my expectations of that very balance I have said... :(

MigsRZXAStylish

Are we looking at the DMC to give us actual story?

I've actually come to accept that DMC is terrible at story, because it's not suppose to be story based. It's suppose to be hack n' slash fun. Of course then I realized how deep it tries to be but just coms off as an anime to me. Either way, story's lack luster, but hey, it's an action game, what do you expect?

You're calling my standards dumb? How dare you! :mad:
I did say a balance of both along with replay value! :mad:

Even though this game franchise is one of my faves, it has failed to live up to my standards! :(

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You're calling my standards dumb? How dare you! :mad:
I did say a balance of both along with replay value! :mad:

Even though this game franchise is one of my faves, it has failed to live up to my standards! :(

Because it never wanted to live up to your standards.

Its not just DMC but well other big actions games.

Well the best hack and slash games in the market (DMC, Bayonetta, and NG) do you think the actual creators and games EVER gave a sh*t about having a story and did those series ever became so popular, widely loved, and even strongly revered for having a good story......F*CK NO!

DMC came out screaming Japanese camp doning "I don't give a sh*t about my story ENJOY MY GAMEPLAY" attitude.

Bayonetta is ridiculous and nonsensical as well as complicated as all hell.

Ninja Gaiden story is a straight forward line with tits and fanservice where Ryu takes on the next generic villain of the day.

I mean there are plenty of action movies made that don't really put a strong emphasis on story but mostly action but people like those because the action was entertaining and story may not be anything good but was cool and entertaining..............Pacific Rim.

Dante: Did you play my game?
Player: Yes.
Dante: Did you had fun?
Player: Yeah
Dante: Was the gameplay excellent?
Player: Of course!!
Dante: Did me, the gameplay, and the story entertain you?
Player: Yeah...but.
Dante: Then my job here is done (rides off on a motorcycle)

Ryu: Did you play my game?
Player: Yea
Ryu: Did you had fun?
Player: Yeah sure
Ryu: Was it hard, did it kick your face in a lot?
Player: Yeah I died a lot and it was challenging
Ryu: Was the gameplay great?
Player: Yeah it was
Ryu: Did the over the top action and boobs entertain you?
Player: Maybe not so sure about the boobs
Ryu: Do you feel the urge to play again?
Player: Most likely but the st..
Ryu: Mission Complete! Hah! (disappears in a puff of smoke)

Bayonetta: Did you play my game?
Player: Yeaahhh...
Bayonetta: Did you had fun?
Player: Hell yeah
Bayonetta: Was it a worthy challenge and loads of fun?
Player: Of course
Bayonetta: How was the gameplay?
Player: It was great bu..
Bayonetta: Good boy! Here is a lollipop. So was the story entertaining?
Player: I guess but it was kind of hard to follow and you wer..
Bayonetta: Was I sexy?
Player: No
Bayonetta:....................................................

MigsRZXAStylish

Because it never wanted to live up to your standards.

Its not just DMC but well other big actions games.

Well the best hack and slash games in the market (DMC, Bayonetta, and NG) do you think the actual creators and games EVER gave a sh*t about having a story and did those series ever became so popular, widely loved, and even strongly revered for having a good story......F*CK NO!

DMC came out screaming Japanese camp doning "I don't give a sh*t about my story ENJOY MY GAMEPLAY" attitude.

Bayonetta is ridiculous and nonsensical as well as complicated as all hell.

Ninja Gaiden story is a straight forward line with tits and fanservice where Ryu takes on the next generic villain of the day.

I mean there are plenty of action movies made that don't really put a strong emphasis on story but mostly action but people like those because the action was entertaining and story may not be anything good but was cool and entertaining..............Pacific Rim.

So in short, it's rather one-sided!
It won't matter to me either way... It's rather trendy and generic that action games are like this... Time to break that usual norm.
It's also rather sad people don't care about plot... That's another reason why DMC has plotholes...

But Ninja Gaiden 3 (Razor's Edge) changed that though. Having a supporting character that supports more and being eye candy less (Mizuki McCloud). At least this action game in the NG series balanced out gameplay and storytelling not to mention replay value. I tried out the demo; can't wait to buy the full game! The God of War series is another game whose story is great (due to being loosely/based on Greek Mythology, and I love to learn lots of mythos) which goes well with its intense gameplay.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

best way to explain it

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So in short, it's rather one-sided!
It won't matter to me either way... It's rather trendy and generic that action games are like this... Time to break that usual norm.
It's also rather sad people don't care about plot... That's another reason why DMC has plotholes...

But Ninja Gaiden 3 (Razor's Edge) changed that though. Having a supporting character that supports more and being eye candy less (Mizuki McCloud). At least this action game in the NG series balanced out gameplay and storytelling not to mention replay value. I tried out the demo; can't wait to buy the full game! The God of War series is another game whose story is great (due to being loosely/based on Greek Mythology, and I love to learn lots of mythos) which goes well with its intense gameplay.

NG3 is the best story wise out of all of the Ninja Gaidens but that isn't saying much. That is like saying DMC3 has the best story out of all of DMC.

NG3 does have a good story but the problem is its not great just okay on the basis that they actually tried even DOA5 had a decent (though hard to follow due to how they set it up) story better than the ones before it. I guess when Itagaki (the real pervert at Team Ninja) left it seemed the rest of Team Ninja wanted to no longer be known as those guys who made DOA Beach Volleyball.

Yeah but NG3 story is nothing spectacular. Its a good attempt to trying to give Ryu much further development as he copes with his actions and if he is actually slaughtering innocent soldiers and it explores his more human side but the problem the writers decided to forget about that plot point and disregarded it for some overly convoluted plot about some retarded warrior goddess and at the end Ryu saves the day as usual. THE END. NG3 was the most complicated/complex of the 3 games story wise where the others were straightforward action flicks.

NG3 RE may be much better than NG3 and is actually really damn good but NGB and NG2 are still better games.

One reason why NG3 managed to balance out story and gameplay along with replay value is cause there is a mode where you can replay any mission or stage cutscene, dialogue, and story free with any character so you don't have to constantly be pressing the skip button or listening to dialogue you've heard like 20 times now.

So TEAM NINJA did a far better job in creating a well detailed and integrated story into the gameplay without it hindering replay value than Ninja Theory did as well as Platinum (namely MGR).

Who knows???

Bayonetta SEEMS to be taking itself a bit more seriously (for Kamiya isn't in charge anymore) and Capcom might put more effort or hire another writer (a better writer) for the guy who wrote DMC3/4 actually left after DMC4 (or they might get the use of inside writers from their own company for they have some talented writers in their).

As for God of War.....it seems done unless Sony decides to milk it and it turns into AC. GoW story wise was well written but I don't sympathize or like Kratos but I don't think that was supposed to be the point.

I can see them doing like alternate universes and redoing the story with a different mythology like Shintoism, Egyptian mythology, and etc but different like different characters, different events, different developments, and etc but the core concept of God of War an uber powerful angry being takes on the forces of the Gods.

MigsRZXAStylish

NG3 is the best story wise out of all of the Ninja Gaidens but that isn't saying much. That is like saying DMC3 has the best story out of all of DMC.

NG3 does have a good story but the problem is its not great just okay on the basis that they actually tried even DOA5 had a decent (though hard to follow due to how they set it up) story better than the ones before it. I guess when Itagaki (the real pervert at Team Ninja) left it seemed the rest of Team Ninja wanted to no longer be known as those guys who made DOA Beach Volleyball.

Yeah but NG3 story is nothing spectacular. Its a good attempt to trying to give Ryu much further development as he copes with his actions and if he is actually slaughtering innocent soldiers and it explores his more human side but the problem the writers decided to forget about that plot point and disregarded it for some overly convoluted plot about some retarded warrior goddess and at the end Ryu saves the day as usual. THE END. NG3 was the most complicated/complex of the 3 games story wise where the others were straightforward action flicks.

NG3 RE may be much better than NG3 and is actually really damn good but NGB and NG2 are still better games.

One reason why NG3 managed to balance out story and gameplay along with replay value is cause there is a mode where you can replay any mission or stage cutscene, dialogue, and story free with any character so you don't have to constantly be pressing the skip button or listening to dialogue you've heard like 20 times now.

So TEAM NINJA did a far better job in creating a well detailed and integrated story into the gameplay without it hindering replay value than Ninja Theory did as well as Platinum (namely MGR).

Who knows???

Bayonetta SEEMS to be taking itself a bit more seriously (for Kamiya isn't in charge anymore) and Capcom might put more effort or hire another writer (a better writer) for the guy who wrote DMC3/4 actually left after DMC4 (or they might get the use of inside writers from their own company for they have some talented writers in their).

As for God of War.....it seems done unless Sony decides to milk it and it turns into AC. GoW story wise was well written but I don't sympathize or like Kratos but I don't think that was supposed to be the point.

I can see them doing like alternate universes and redoing the story with a different mythology like Shintoism, Egyptian mythology, and etc but different like different characters, different events, different developments, and etc but the core concept of God of War an uber powerful angry being takes on the forces of the Gods.

What about NG Sigma and Sigma 2? I find Sigma 1 more challenging than Sigma 2 though...

I will see what games would live up to my own standards then...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
What about NG Sigma and Sigma 2? I find Sigma 1 more challenging than Sigma 2 though...

I will see what games would live up to my own standards then...

The Sigma games are basically just Ultimate editions where you can play as extra characters (Ayane, Momoji, and Rachel) not very different well those chicks do get their own campaign sometimes.

Now they added Kasumi to the list of playable characters in Razor's Edge. If they adding DOA characters I want Hayate playable in NG4.

images

He's already a ninja perfect. NG needs more dudes.

Geez got me wondering since it seems NG and DOA takes place in the same universe most likely judging by how Ryu, Kasumi, and Ayane are like in NG those 3 can probably slaughter the rest of the DOA cast (well maybe not Hayate for he is shown to be able to use in Ninpo in DOA even if it was just in cutscenes).

So while Ryu is slaughtering legions of demonic ninjas, evil sorcerers, devilish mutants, super soldiers, and the archfiends the girls of DOA are chilling at the beach, playing volleyball, and rubbing sun screen lotion on each other.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Speaking of story, it saddens me that people seems to ignore that Bayonetta have a better story than people think. If you actually bothered to read the journal entries the player finds, there is alot of stuff to learn about and gives you a better understanding of the world of Bayonetta.

Just because things isn't thrown in your face doesn't mean a game doesn't offer more.

MigsRZXAStylish

Speaking of story, it saddens me that people seems to ignore that Bayonetta have a better story than people think. If you actually bothered to read the journal entries the player finds, there is alot of stuff to learn about and gives you a better understanding of the world of Bayonetta.

Just because things isn't thrown in your face doesn't mean a game doesn't offer more.

I kinda sensed that, MultiBro! Those journals left by Antonio Redgrave do make a lot of sense for the story of Bayonetta, not just Bayonetta recalling her 500 year old memories.

Speaking of such, I still have that feeling the world of Bayonetta is somehow connected to DMC.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I kinda sensed that, MultiBro! Those journals left by Antonio Redgrave do make a lot of sense for the story of Bayonetta, not just Bayonetta recalling her 500 year old memories.

Speaking of such, I still have that feeling the world of Bayonetta is somehow connected to DMC.
It's implied through some concept art from Bayonetta. For example this one.

Dantebayo.jpg

MigsRZXAStylish

It's implied through some concept art from Bayonetta. For example this one.

Dantebayo.jpg

I've seen that concept art before in the DMC Wiki on Enzo Ferino! :)
Even Kamiya-san himself said that Dante respected Antonio Redgrave, hence why his alias is a nod to him (Anthony "Tony" Redgrave; his alias is also written in his guns too).
Also, according to one of Antonio's notes, specifically about "The Gates of Hell", devil hunters also hang out there. It could be possible Dante is a regular there!

----
BTW, going off-topic here.
Since NT is focused on another project, I think DmC2 would be developed for another time...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I want to see games in both series, both have different stories that are interesting and different enough gameplay to warrant it. DmC had too great a story to just leave it hanging and I love the design. I just want to immerse myself in it. On the other hand, DMC also has a great setting and the older Dante is kind of fun. They didn't have the same stories. They had similar stories. To me, NT made their own game and payed homage to the older DMC games so that fans could enjoy both equally. I have replayed DmC a hell of a lo more than I replayed any of the DMC games. And I really liked DMC. I don't quite understand the Pacific Rim comparison above because both had excellent stories with amazing action. Then again, maybe my opinion is off, you're talking to the guy who still prays that Bayonetta2 will come to PS4/X1. Maybe I'm clouded, maybe I'm stubborn, but that's how I see it.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Lets ask Dante.

.............What? You know DmC was asking for it when they used the "Million Years joke" and the sales barely hitting 1 mil units.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I fear DMC may share Onimusha fate.

Personally I'll prefer it that way.

Me the most logical solution is to continue both series but not so close like release a DMC5 now then a DmC2 afterwards and vice versa so then that way the Devil May Cry series as a whole will have a longer longevity and both fans will be happy and Capcom can proceed to milk the franchise some more....maybe like another whole generation (such as the next one) and if Capcom plays the cards right (they usually never do) through in spin-offs (hand helds....multiplayer centric spin offs and remakes (mainly just DMC1 and DMC2) perhaps 2 whole generations.

However, me personally if DmC don't get to see the light of the day I would be glad to say goodbye to DMC as a whole.

Top Bottom