• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Just to make sure (again), is DmC very unlikely to get a sequel to the point it's better to assume it's not getting a sequel?

I ask since Lost Planet is getting another sequel, a series so incredibly medicore that I remember beating the final boss of LP1 and not realising it was the final boss. It's not even that popular.
Bah, I think there's a strong chance they'll make it. If it does indeed happen it'll be undergoing a lot of changes that's for sure.

And hopefully not so many F bombs.:p

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Bah, I think there's a strong chance they'll make it. If it does indeed happen it'll be undergoing a lot of changes that's for sure.

And hopefully not so many F bombs.:p

You forgot two things:
The bad PR and basically Tameem and Capcom doing this to everyone in any interview(Metaphorically speaking):
StanFlipsOffFam.gif

Its doubtful right now with those two coming into play and Reviewers blaming fans for not buying the game after the famous words " Don't like it, Don't buy it."

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
You forgot two things:
The bad PR and basically Tameem and Capcom doing this to everyone in any interview(Metaphorically speaking):
StanFlipsOffFam.gif

Its doubtful right now with those two coming into play and Reviewers blaming fans for not buying the game after the famous words " Don't like it, Don't buy it."
Doesn't matter, still could happen. Anything is possible, just as a DMC5 is :3

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Doesn't matter, still could happen. Anything is possible, just as a DMC5 is :3

Yes anything is possible, but from the looks of it and vibe, DmC was just immensely overrated to its core from the gameplay to the Story and it all came together with an average hack n slash game, but a bad DMC game. (My opinion)

Just from everything from the bad pr, the overpraising of the game from reviewers, alienating the fanbase, giving everyone the bird when they don't like the game and have reasons(And by reasons I mean a good ones, not the same excuse all because of the....yea).

Just from the beginning it was just overpraised and in the end its highly doubtful.

But then again I don't know.

Do I wish for a DMC 5, yea I do.
Do I wish for questions to be answered, Yeah I do.
Do I want them to take their time. Yeah I do.
But then again, its Capcom, what can you expect from them now a days.

IncarnatedDemon

If you want to find out if DmC 2 is coming, i suggest looking at Unreal Engine Technology for clues of it.

Since NT is customed to Unreal Engine.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
Well, since Ninja Theory has been apparently teasing their next gen project that doesn't look like DmC at all, it seems pretty unlikely they are going to make a sequel anytime soon.

I very much doubt Capcom is going to bury the franchise even though DmC didn't sell that well. Devil May Cry is still a popular series, and many fans have been vocal about their dislike for DmC and their love for the original series. Perhaps Capcom is going to make a new installment that follows the original story for the next gen consoles.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
To answer the thread question.

Due to seeing NT's new project its definite we won't be seeing a DmC2 made by NT in like 3-4 years. Now its unknown if Capcom will make DmC2 with another developer or make it themselves....or just wait is the real question.

However, now its a matter of can Capcom do DMC5 or anything Devil May Cry is if the said workers or key team is available so when it comes down to it are Itsuno's, Kobayashi's, or even Ryota's team (some of his guys including himself worked on DMC3 apparently) available.

One reason why DmC was made instead of DMC5 was because all the workers were busy with other projects.

So yeah Itsuno was busy with Dragon's Dogma, Kobayashi with Sengoku Basara 3, and Ryota with Marvel VS Capom 3 as well as Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3. Ryota wasn't part of DMC4's dev team for him and his team was working on Tatsunoko VS Capcom at the time as well.

Now its a matter of are these guys and their teams available at the moment. Well Kobayashi has his hands busy with SB4 but that comes out early 2014 for the PS3 so they're most likely almost done with it.

Itsuno doesn't seem busy considering that Dark Arisen has already been out and unless if Ryota is working on another fighting game (considering the Marvel license expired) he doesn't seem busy either.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Well, since Ninja Theory has been apparently teasing their next gen project that doesn't look like DmC at all, it seems pretty unlikely they are going to make a sequel anytime soon.

I very much doubt Capcom is going to bury the franchise even though DmC didn't sell that well. Devil May Cry is still a popular series, and many fans have been vocal about their dislike for DmC and their love for the original series. Perhaps Capcom is going to make a new installment that follows the original story for the next gen consoles.

If they're gonna do that, then fix the damn story. There are plotholes everywhere.

Dammit, Capcom! Tell us how Dante survived the time Eva died and how he carried on in the past ten years. Also, answer the question of "WTF is Nero?" I do not think him being Vergil's son is acceptable at all... >.<
The mangas are incomplete due to the mangaka leaving, leaving a plothole for Lady which is supposed to be the third chapter. I don't want DMC to be stereotyped as "Awesome stylish gameplay with nonsense storytelling" all the time!

Also, I don't want DMC5 a complete DMC4 rehash! If it is, then I'd say "Capcom is using old DMC to milk it for money, nothing more!" and "Just another lazy DMC4..." >.<

In short, I agree with you that Capcom would hardly bury the franchise; however, they shouldn't rehash everything they did like with DMC4 using DMC3's mechanics even though some are upgraded (ex. Style Switching for Dante)..

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If they're gonna do that, then fix the damn story. There are plotholes everywhere.

Dammit, Capcom! Tell us how Dante survived the time Eva died and how he carried on in the past ten years. Also, answer the question of "WTF is Nero?" I do not think him being Vergil's son is acceptable at all... >_<
The mangas are incomplete due to the mangaka leaving, leaving a plothole for Lady which is supposed to be the third chapter. I don't want DMC to be stereotyped as "Awesome stylish gameplay with nonsense storytelling" all the time!

Also, I don't want DMC5 a complete DMC4 rehash! If it is, then I'd say "Capcom is using old DMC to milk it for money, nothing more!" and "Just another lazy DMC4..." >_<

In short, I agree with you that Capcom would hardly bury the franchise; however, they shouldn't rehash everything they did like with DMC4 using DMC3's mechanics even though some are upgraded (ex. Style Switching for Dante)..

The mangas are incomplete but still present information relevant to the video games (especially if the video games in fact reference to the mangas themselves and not the other way around) well just the DMC3 manga are the only one to fully take as canon as they were mainly written to be CANON.....just incomplete canon. Its as canon and legit as if they just stated everything the manga introduced in a guidebook or something.

As for Lady.....what plothole? We already fully know what happens to her and her mother prior to DMC3. Its never specified why Arkham killed her mother and all those people well Arkham did say it was to get closer to obtaining to his goal but Lady also said it was to become a demon so it was strongly hinted to become a demon he sacrificed a few humans (his wife included) for some ritual to become a demon but then again Vergil did say that Arkham slayed his wife to prove to himself that he was a demon.

Lady did say that Arkham always had interest in this demonic stuff but due to interacting with demonic natures became corrupted (which is why she hates demons as well because she blames them for corrupting her father) and as a result slayed a lot of humans including her mother to prove to himself he is a demon and he threw away all sources of humanity slaughtered humans and even his wife to prove his demonic alignment and that is why Vergil found him useful but stabbed him when he let Lady life as a sign to Vergil that Arkham really didn't become a full demon (although it was due to Lady being needed to the plans but Arkham couldn't let Vergil know that).

As for Code 3 (Lady), it was mainly going to be about Lady's life detailing what it was like before Arkham turned demon, how her mother was like, and when and after Arkham killed her mother how her life changed and how she began to resent to demons. Basically, sh*t we already knew.

It seemed when Arkham met Vergil in the manga (the SE Vergil cutscene isn't meant to be taken seriously as for all of Vergil's campaign) he was still human looking (not that creepy facial scar thingy yet) but it seemed as implied by Vergil's statement in DMC3 that Arkham turned himself into a demon and killed his wife to prove his worth to Vergil as well as when he told Mary that Vergil was the one who corrupted him which means Arkham may have met Vergil and formed an alliance prior to becoming a demon and killing his wife.

Plus the DMC3 manga (as well as the DMC1 novel.....well since its non-canon lets ignore that) explains how Dante lived after the attack on his home. He was a street rat or something until Enzo picked him off the streets and sort of raised him.

It even explains how Vergil survived.............well on the basis that he really didn't survive.

MigsRZXAStylish

The mangas are incomplete but still present information relevant to the video games (especially if the video games in fact reference to the mangas themselves and not the other way around) well just the DMC3 manga are the only one to fully take as canon as they were mainly written to be CANON.....just incomplete canon. Its as canon and legit as if they just stated everything the manga introduced in a guidebook or something.

As for Lady.....what plothole? We already fully know what happens to her and her mother prior to DMC3. Its never specified why Arkham killed her mother and all those people well Arkham did say it was to get closer to obtaining to his goal but Lady also said it was to become a demon so it was strongly hinted to become a demon he sacrificed a few humans (his wife included) for some ritual to become a demon but then again Vergil did say that Arkham slayed his wife to prove to himself that he was a demon.

Lady did say that Arkham always had interest in this demonic stuff but due to interacting with demonic natures became corrupted (which is why she hates demons as well because she blames them for corrupting her father) and as a result slayed a lot of humans including her mother to prove to himself he is a demon and he threw away all sources of humanity slaughtered humans and even his wife to prove his demonic alignment and that is why Vergil found him useful but stabbed him when he let Lady life as a sign to Vergil that Arkham really didn't become a full demon (although it was due to Lady being needed to the plans but Arkham couldn't let Vergil know that).

As for Code 3 (Lady), it was mainly going to be about Lady's life detailing what it was like before Arkham turned demon, how her mother was like, and when and after Arkham killed her mother how her life changed and how she began to resent to demons. Basically, sh*t we already knew.

It seemed when Arkham met Vergil in the manga (the SE Vergil cutscene isn't meant to be taken seriously as for all of Vergil's campaign) he was still human looking (not that creepy facial scar thingy yet) but it seemed as implied by Vergil's statement in DMC3 that Arkham turned himself into a demon and killed his wife to prove his worth to Vergil as well as when he told Mary that Vergil was the one who corrupted him which means Arkham may have met Vergil and formed an alliance prior to becoming a demon and killing his wife.

Plus the DMC3 manga (as well as the DMC1 novel.....well since its non-canon lets ignore that) explains how Dante lived after the attack on his home. He was a street rat or something until Enzo picked him off the streets and sort of raised him.

It even explains how Vergil survived.............well on the basis that he really didn't survive.

That is also where I was getting at. Arkham's reason why he killed Lady's mom wasn't even specific. For what? To be a god? WTF... Also, Code Lady should have just explained how Lady turned from school girl to demon hunter and Lady's mom's death by Arkham. Yes, DMC3 explained it, but wasn't that much detailed...

And I don't think DMC3 is that much of an origins' story. Lots of people were led to believe that. The only thing it explained is how the term Devil May Cry was coined. It also explained a pair of dysfunctional families too.

The DMC1 fans think otherwise on the DMC1 novel... Not my wordings, but theirs. They think it's a better prequel than DMC3. Better take it up with them.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Anyone who thinks DMC5 has more plot potential than DmC2 is just plain delusional...

DMC's plot is a mess and no Sparda Prequel would save it from it

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Anyone who thinks DMC5 has more plot potential than DmC2 is just plain delusional...

about-ichigos-so-called-dimensionbusting-32248.jpg

Nobody plays DMC for a plot....well its there to explain why we do the things in the game and the fact every game needs one.

Its about DAT GAMEPLAY SON!

Nobody (but DmC fans) has faith in DmC since NT is at the helm of it.

Its overall potential as a whole and not in one simple factor.

DMC never became popular and so revered because it had a good plot. God NO! DMC came out the womb with a movie cliche plot D and generic writing 101 and people still loved the crap out of it and DMC3 is even revered to as the best action game of all time (by a lot of people not everybody).

Although its being debated if Bayonetta is better, a game with a plot as contrived and ridiculous as DMC.

Some thinks DMC5 has more plot potential (I'm not one of them) due to the fact all DmC is mainly doing to following what the old series done before especially with Downfall showing Vergil becoming corrupted and becoming like the old Vergil wanting more power.

Its basically just following what the old series done before with the whole revenge plot against Mundus and Dante's relationship with his brother as well as Vergil being corrupted for power. To some it seems DmC is going the same route as DMC3 so why waste time on seeing the same crap again but done differently than actually seeing something new.

I guess it has more potential since its going to copy what the original series had done before but do it differently. Vergil and Dante are most likely going to become arch rivals/enemies like the old series basically making a DMC3 2.0....although DmC was basically DMC1 2.0. Plus with how Capcom wanted to cater to old fans it seems likely they'll just turn it into the hold series.

Tomb Raider reboot holds more potential as it explores concept never before seen in the Tomb Raider world but all in while keeping very key elements from the old such as Lara....which is it really, new characters, new backstory, a new world, and thus forth it holds more potential as it can explore new concepts and not just do everything the old series did before it.

Both series hold equal plot potential as there are plenty of unexplored plot points in DMC and DmC left to explore as well as a lot of stuff they can do with the universe they've created. Plot potential is something that isn't set or determined but is based on the creators/writer's talent and ideas themselves.

A Sparda prequel won't solve any plot hole or question in DMC as a majority of the questions are directed to the present of the timeline. Well it could resolve some issues and questions such as who was the priestess, why did Sparda turn on his brethren, and why did create a Hell Gate in Fortuna.

Plus DMC's plot isn't a mess as some make it how out to be. The only real issues in the plot are Nero's origins (though stated and hinted to be Vergil's son can be clarified to at least Nero), Vergil surviving the attack (although funny thing is the DMC3 manga resolved that issue), and how did the Order find Nelo Angelo's fragments and Yamato (although someone at Capcom stated he found it near one of the Hell Gates).

Can you think of more?

I also find the concept of what in fact happened to Sparda's physical body interesting. If he did die, something became of his physical body no (was his body buried in a seclusive spot or to protect its secrets completely destroyed and if so by who since the anime and DMC2 and DMC4 hints to Sparda having followers or associates after defeating Mundus and sealing away the demon world).

Also Arkham hinted to the fact that humans created Temen-ni-Gru to gain access to the power of the Underworld so potential sorcerors and witches like Arius maybe even an entire demon worshipping cult who still exists after the events of Sparda sealing away Temen-ni-Gru.

Plus I want to see what becomes of Fortuna City and Nero and Kyrie since well their entire government was wiped out and they're left without a form of defense from demons and themselves and lets not forget since the one's responsible for the Order's destruction were Nero (and Dante but they don't know that) and I think the residents even looked to the Savoir for hope until well Nero crushed it so they must be extremely ****ed at him. Plus I think due to Kyrie, Nero most likely told everyone he is a demon or isn't afraid to show his demonic arm so now everyone must think he is a demon and probably remembers him as the demon who crushed their savior and killed their leader (Sanctus) and probably holds him responsible for the demon attack on Fortuna City due to not knowing the full story.

So a DMC4 sequel could follow Nero "enduring the exile" all the while trying to protect and help the people of Fortuna City although they hates his guts and could lead to more development for him.

I guess when Nero awakened Yamato and started speaking about enduring the exile might have been foreshadowing of events to come for Nero.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Not true. DMC's plot is flawed, over exagerated, and just straight up something out of a cheap anime, but that doesn't mean it can't be fixed. All Capcom needs to do is get their sh*t together and come up with a way to continue the series that will fill in a few plot holes, while telling an action based story at the same time. And for god sakes, if they're gonna copy animes for DMC, they should atleast pick some good ones like Trigun, or Cowboy Beboop.

I don't see DmC2 coming any time soon given NT is doing another game from what that trailer teased. Maybe it'll come in about another three years or so. I sure hope we get a DmC2, but the way I see it, Capcom should somehow get the team back to do a DMC5 first then NT could do a DmC2 if they want to. It also depends on Itsuno if he wants to get back into the DMC series since he said he was bored with making gameplay for DMC, and I'm sure there are others who can replace Itsuno.

DragonMaster2010

Damn Server.

Also, I wanted to point out that if Capcom won't do a DMC5, then they might as well give it to P*, let them go crazy on it and see if they could get the DMC vibe back.

That or given it to NT so I can get my DmC2 :/ I'm glad I'm not one of those fanboys who cries about wich it goes to...except with DMC4. As long as I GET a DMC game, that's all I ask for.

MigsRZXAStylish

Damn Server.

Also, I wanted to point out that if Capcom won't do a DMC5, then they might as well give it to P*, let them go crazy on it and see if they could get the DMC vibe back.

That or given it to NT so I can get my DmC2 :/ I'm glad I'm not one of those fanboys who cries about wich it goes to...except with DMC4. As long as I GET a DMC game, that's all I ask for.

Why give that to P* when some of its employees have bad blood with Capcom? :/
As much as I want DMC1 elements, like the horror, but mechanics of an upgraded DMC3, there is a part of me that says it won't happen due to some bad blood.

EDIT:
about-ichigos-so-called-dimensionbusting-32248.jpg

Nobody plays DMC for a plot....well its there to explain why we do the things in the game and the fact every game needs one.

Its about DAT GAMEPLAY SON!

Nobody (but DmC fans) has faith in DmC since NT is at the helm of it.

Its overall potential as a whole and not in one simple factor.

DMC never became popular and so revered because it had a good plot. God NO! DMC came out the womb with a movie cliche plot D and generic writing 101 and people still loved the crap out of it and DMC3 is even revered to as the best action game of all time (by a lot of people not everybody).

Although its being debated if Bayonetta is better, a game with a plot as contrived and ridiculous as DMC.

Some thinks DMC5 has more plot potential (I'm not one of them) due to the fact all DmC is mainly doing to following what the old series done before especially with Downfall showing Vergil becoming corrupted and becoming like the old Vergil wanting more power.

Its basically just following what the old series done before with the whole revenge plot against Mundus and Dante's relationship with his brother as well as Vergil being corrupted for power. To some it seems DmC is going the same route as DMC3 so why waste time on seeing the same crap again but done differently than actually seeing something new.

I guess it has more potential since its going to copy what the original series had done before but do it differently. Vergil and Dante are most likely going to become arch rivals/enemies like the old series basically making a DMC3 2.0....although DmC was basically DMC1 2.0. Plus with how Capcom wanted to cater to old fans it seems likely they'll just turn it into the hold series.

Tomb Raider reboot holds more potential as it explores concept never before seen in the Tomb Raider world but all in while keeping very key elements from the old such as Lara....which is it really, new characters, new backstory, a new world, and thus forth it holds more potential as it can explore new concepts and not just do everything the old series did before it.

Both series hold equal plot potential as there are plenty of unexplored plot points in DMC and DmC left to explore as well as a lot of stuff they can do with the universe they've created. Plot potential is something that isn't set or determined but is based on the creators/writer's talent and ideas themselves.

A Sparda prequel won't solve any plot hole or question in DMC as a majority of the questions are directed to the present of the timeline. Well it could resolve some issues and questions such as who was the priestess, why did Sparda turn on his brethren, and why did create a Hell Gate in Fortuna.

Plus DMC's plot isn't a mess as some make it how out to be. The only real issues in the plot are Nero's origins (though stated and hinted to be Vergil's son can be clarified to at least Nero), Vergil surviving the attack (although funny thing is the DMC3 manga resolved that issue), and how did the Order find Nelo Angelo's fragments and Yamato (although someone at Capcom stated he found it near one of the Hell Gates).

Can you think of more?

I also find the concept of what in fact happened to Sparda's physical body interesting. If he did die, something became of his physical body no (was his body buried in a seclusive spot or to protect its secrets completely destroyed and if so by who since the anime and DMC2 and DMC4 hints to Sparda having followers or associates after defeating Mundus and sealing away the demon world).

Also Arkham hinted to the fact that humans created Temen-ni-Gru to gain access to the power of the Underworld so potential sorcerors and witches like Arius maybe even an entire demon worshipping cult who still exists after the events of Sparda sealing away Temen-ni-Gru.

Plus I want to see what becomes of Fortuna City and Nero and Kyrie since well their entire government was wiped out and they're left without a form of defense from demons and themselves and lets not forget since the one's responsible for the Order's destruction were Nero (and Dante but they don't know that) and I think the residents even looked to the Savoir for hope until well Nero crushed it so they must be extremely ****ed at him. Plus I think due to Kyrie, Nero most likely told everyone he is a demon or isn't afraid to show his demonic arm so now everyone must think he is a demon and probably remembers him as the demon who crushed their savior and killed their leader (Sanctus) and probably holds him responsible for the demon attack on Fortuna City due to not knowing the full story.

So a DMC4 sequel could follow Nero "enduring the exile" all the while trying to protect and help the people of Fortuna City although they hates his guts and could lead to more development for him.

I guess when Nero awakened Yamato and started speaking about enduring the exile might have been foreshadowing of events to come for Nero.

Some of us gamers actually want a balance of gameplay, storytelling, and replay value.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why give that to P* when some of its employees have bad blood with Capcom? :/
As much as I want DMC1 elements, like the horror, but mechanics of an upgraded DMC3, there is a part of me that says it won't happen due to some bad blood.

Its not as bad as you think.

Its not Kamiya and the others left waving middle fingers at Capcom.

Plus Kamiya was even caught hanging out with Itsuno once.

DMC game by PG will most likely be like DMC4 than DMC1....well maybe.

MigsRZXAStylish

Its not as bad as you think.

Its not Kamiya and the others left waving middle fingers at Capcom.

Plus Kamiya was even caught hanging out with Itsuno once.

DMC game by PG will most likely be like DMC4 than DMC1....well maybe.

What? Hideki Kamiya hanged out with Hideaki Itsuno? Evidence plz! That way, I would agree that PG would most likely make DMC5. However, they must learn from DMC4's flaws (combat is great and all, but everything else was a big no-no).

DragonMaster2010

Some of us gamers actually want a balance of gameplay, storytelling, and replay value.

Are we looking at the DMC to give us actual story?

I've actually come to accept that DMC is terrible at story, because it's not suppose to be story based. It's suppose to be hack n' slash fun. Of course then I realized how deep it tries to be but just coms off as an anime to me. Either way, story's lack luster, but hey, it's an action game, what do you expect?

Top Bottom