• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are the chances that there will be a DmC2

DMCGamer1989

And this thread just went to hell. Seriously, can't we talk about the possibility of a new DmC without acting like trolls or blaming fanboys? On another note, I hope DmC2's Dante takes cues from Novel Dante, I just finished the both novels and I'm seeing glaring similarities between DmC's plot and the Shinya Goikeda stories.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
And this thread just went to hell. Seriously, can't we talk about the possibility of a new DmC without acting like trolls or blaming fanboys? On another note, I hope DmC2's Dante takes cues from Novel Dante, I just finished the both novels and I'm seeing glaring similarities between DmC's plot and the Shinya Goikeda stories.

help me out here. where the hell can i get a copy of the DMC3 novel. i've been searching between my cheeks and back to get one. and everywhere i go they're not there. and i wanted to buy one online but it was 30 bucks...i don't have 30 bucks

DMCGamer1989

help me out here. where the hell can i get a copy of the DMC3 novel. i've been searching between my cheeks and back to get one. and everywhere i go they're not there. and i wanted to buy one online but it was 30 bucks...i don't have 30 bucks

Amazon is your best option, I purchased mine there for about 12$

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Tell that to the majority of the DMC fans still disdainful of DmC. And hopefully he would...

DMCGamer1989

Tell that to the majority of the DMC fans still disdainful of DmC. And hopefully he would...

In this website, there aren't many of the millions of DMC/DmC fans that subscribe to the franchise, on the internet, it is natural to pay attention to the hateful minority that plagues both sides, and the almost meme-like representation of the new Dante didn't help either. On the internet, you will see many from both sides of the fanbase voice their opinions in very aggressive ways, simply because they do not feel any grand consequence. So in short, don't let some internet trolls get to you, what they say has nothing to do with the hours of fun the DMC/DmC series has given you. You liked DmC, it was fun, the story was interesting and no one can take that away from you, just like no one can take the original DMC from its fans.

MigsRZXAStylish

In this website, there aren't many of the millions of DMC/DmC fans that subscribe to the franchise, on the internet, it is natural to pay attention to the hateful minority that plagues both sides, and the almost meme-like representation of the new Dante didn't help either. On the internet, you will see many from both sides of the fanbase voice their opinions in very aggressive ways, simply because they do not feel any grand consequence. So in short, don't let some internet trolls get to you, what they say has nothing to do with the hours of fun the DMC/DmC series has given you. You liked DmC, it was fun, the story was interesting and no one can take that away from you, just like no one can take the original DMC from its fans.
Thanks for the words. I liked both. Look at my avatar. It's proof!

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
What grinds my gear is the use of the word "haters" since it is just an excuse to use on anyone that comes with any legit complains about DmC.

Oh sure, it's fine to trash talk DMC3 and DMC4 to no end but lets not talk ill about DmC!

Hypocrisy at its finest.

DMCGamer1989

What grinds my gear is the use of the word "haters" since it is just an excuse to use on anyone that comes with any legit complains about DmC.

Oh sure, it's fine to trash talk DMC3 and DMC4 to no end but lets not talk ill about DmC!

Hypocrisy at its finest.

I agree, forgive me for my poor choice of words, I see your point. I see it as well, in my opinion, those that heavily bash DMC3 and DMC4 and then proceed to treat DmC like some godsend are probably just speaking out of frustration or venting a persecution complex. If they want to discuss flaws, no game is immune.

MigsRZXAStylish

Hypocrisy at its finest.
I agree, forgive me for my poor choice of words, I see your point. I see it as well, in my opinion, those that heavily bash DMC3 and DMC4 and then proceed to treat DmC like some godsend are probably just speaking out of frustration or venting a persecution complex. If they want to discuss flaws, no game is immune.
Well, I hear DMC1 purists still hate on DMC3, and even DMC4. VA Reuben Langdon received hate mail about it in an interview.

I guess I am safe to say that the DMC fanbase has already been divided prior to the reboot that is DmC. Honestly, most fans here are such hypocrites.

DmC2 chances: 50/50

DMCGamer1989

Well, I hear DMC1 purists still hate on DMC3, and even DMC4. VA Reuben Langdon received hate mail about it in an interview.

I guess I am safe to say that the DMC fanbase has already been divided prior to the reboot that is DmC. Honestly, most fans here are such hypocrites.

DmC2 chances: 50/50

True, I have seen examples of that here as well.

Yes, hypocrisy is part of human nature, we can call it out on others and fight it in ourselves, but it will keep returning. It's safe to say that each of us react differently to each franchise.

Those are some good odds, I'd like to think that Itsuno can make good on his words of continuing both series, but I don't mind a DmC2, for better or for worse, I'll be a Devil May Cry fan.

MigsRZXAStylish

True, I have seen examples of that here as well.

Yes, hypocrisy is part of human nature, we can call it out on others and fight it in ourselves, but it will keep returning. It's safe to say that each of us react differently to each franchise.

Those are some good odds, I'd like to think that Itsuno can make good on his words of continuing both series, but I don't mind a DmC2, for better or for worse, I'll be a Devil May Cry fan.
I could also add karma in this too!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Freakin' fanboys! Now they've made me turn away from the DMC series!! :mad:
Alright! DmC2 it is, then. :cool:
Please have DMC3's gameplay. owo

Edit:
I'm seeing glaring similarities between DmC's plot and the Shinya Goikeda stories.
I see them, as well. Especially Gilver/DmC Vergil wearing a mask/bandages. Not to mention, that I've seen a few similarities between DmC and the DMC1 Novel Dante (personality-wise, I mean). Serious, and yet still not afraid to be cocky (and drink) at times.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
at this point...as long as i don't have to bleed money from my wallet for a PS4 i'm fine.
however, i have seen reboots that were successful like prince of persia revert back to their old story lines. who knows?

Agent47_89

Just to make sure (again), is DmC very unlikely to get a sequel to the point it's better to assume it's not getting a sequel?

I ask since Lost Planet is getting another sequel, a series so incredibly medicore that I remember beating the final boss of LP1 and not realising it was the final boss. It's not even that popular.

Top Bottom