• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
People want MGS fans to get over Raiden? Get over the new Dante especially since he's freaking virtually the same anyway. The DmC Dante really isn't that drastically different when you get right down to it. I don;t know why fans act like it was such a jarring change.

well you said it yourself MANY times around here, the DMC fanbase is a "special" fanbase nowadays when it comes to needless hate.

As a fan of Metal Gear Solid, it doesn't compare to that type of hate which is why I don't understand why MGR receives so much flake.

Especially since as I pointed out we are going to be getting a TRUE Metal Gear Solid game soon.

If you had a problem with it or Raiden you simply could have ignored it as a a afterthought and waited for Metal Gear solid 5.

And no, I don't think its all to blame on what you call "butthurt DMC fans" since those types of fans would actually PREFER this game simply because Platinium games is attached.

I personally think that the most attention comes for the butthurt Metal Gear solid "purists" actually.

Just my outlook on it things.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You say i like to argue.You're doing it right now and cluttering up the topic with it. We're trying to be civil here.

Yet you call me desperate for something and wanting to argue.

No i dont like arguing.

I am simply fed up with way you have treated me ever since i intiated a discussion with you.You initiated a discussion which was fine, but then thinking you could change my mind to your way of thinking. When that failed, you got aggressive. If you want to think IGN is bribed- fine. Leave me out of it. I didn't come to this forum to be in an argument like you find in a schoolyard.

It´s so messed up that i am an idiot for expressing how wasteful it was to try discuss with you, yet before i did that, you said i am biased , desperate and a troublemaker - and that is perfectly fine.

You said i was biased, you called me a troublemaker, desperate for being right.
And talked to me in condescending ways.Look who's talking. Take a look at your posts.

And because i lashed out back at you in same manner you lashed out at me, i am becoming the next top idiot?

If i am going to become the next top idiot, then your already one.

Because if you had behaved differently i am sure you and i could have discuessed the subtopic i intiated without any arguments. And we would agree on something, and disagree on another and that would be it.
And that would be fine, but you're coming across as aggressive just because I don't agree with you. This isn't the first time either. I've seen you like this with other members too.
Are you still mad about the Nintendo saving Bayonetta topic? Is that it? You know by continuing this you are proving my point. You like to argue.
Do you see anyone else being like this toward me for stating my opinion? Just you being like this because you think you are right and don't like that people think differently and will not be swayed to your opinion.

Just leave it alone. This is getting terribly boring. We're going in circles of 'he said she said'.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
well you said it yourself MANY times around here, the DMC fanbase is a "special" fanbase nowadays when it comes to needless hate.

As a fan of Metal Gear Solid, it doesn't compare to that type of hate which is why I don't understand why MGR receives so much flake.

Especially since as I pointed out we are going to be getting a TRUE Metal Gear Solid game soon.

If you had a problem with it or Raiden you simply could have ignored it as a a afterthought and waited for Metal Gear solid 5.

And no, I don't think its all to blame on what you call "butthurt DMC fans" since those types of fans would actually PREFER this game simply because Platinium games is attached.

I personally think that the most attention comes for the butthurt Metal Gear solid "purists" actually.

Just my outlook on it things.
I may still hate Raiden with a freaking passion but, I've also said Rising is a decent hack n slasher. Like my hatred for Raiden is almost unreal. Like my best friend's hatred for Carrie Kelley (Robin in The Dark Knight Returns)

The game could have been better though and I was quite frankly expecting more from P* in the combat department because even though I also really don't care for Bayonetta that game had deeper combat with more variety. The Blade Mode gimmick also had more potential. And there is that whole broken mechanic to go god mode in that game basically. I would like to see the sequel Kojima has in mind because this game has a decent thing going for it but it is also undeniably flawed.

Yugo12

I wouldn't know about Raiden. I haven't played Metal gear before, but I don't think someone should be bashing a character so seriosuly. If this game is not going to replace the others, then I don't understand the problem.
Well it all stems from people being tricked into playing him MGS2 and having to deal with his sort of confused and whiny attitude instead of Solid Snakes cool awesome attitude. But that whole thing happened over 10 years ago. MGS2 came out when I was 9 and I'm 21 now. What happened back then was so long ago and I personally feel he's become a better character since then, but apparently it wasn't enough for some.
Well if Kojima's words are anything to go by, we might get Gray Fox in MGR2 and Kojima might be handing over the Fox Engine to P*. EDIT: Oh sounds like you already know lol.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I may still hate Raiden with a freaking passion but, I've also said Rising is a decent hack n slasher. Like my hatred for Raiden is almost unreal. Like my best friend's hatred for Carrie Kelley (Robin in The Dark Knight Returns)

The game could have been better though and I was quite frankly expecting more from P* in the combat department because even though I also really don't care for Bayonetta that game had deeper combat with more variety. The Blade Mode gimmick also had more potential. And there is that whole broken mechanic to go god mode in that game basically. I would like to see the sequel Kojima has in mind because this game has a decent thing going for it but it is also undeniably flawed.

Well at least your able to see some good in the game despite your not liking Raiden.

That is more than I can say for some of the fans I have seen around the web and on youtube videos who blindly hate this game with a passion simply because its a hack and Slash game.

My opinion is if you don't like Hack and Slash games than ignore it and wait for Metal Gear Solid 5.

But as someone who likes the classic steath gameplay AND Hack and Slash games, I got a lot of fun out of MGR.

It was a good side game while I wait for the what I feel is going to be the greatest Metal Gear Solid ever.:lol:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well at least your able to see some good in the game despite your not liking Raiden.

That is more than I can say for some of the fans I have seen around the web and on youtube videos who blindly hate this game with a passion simply because its a hack and Slash game.

My opinion is if you don't like Hack and Slash games than ignore it and wait for Metal Gear Solid 5.

But as someone who likes the classic steath gameplay AND Hack and Slash games, I got a lot of fun out of MGR.

It was a good side game while I wait for the what I feel is going to be the greatest Metal Gear Solid ever.:lol:
The Phantom Pain really does sound promising and could be the greatest Metal Gear ever. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite video game series if I had to pick one.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The Phantom Pain really does sound promising and could be the greatest Metal Gear ever. Metal Gear Solid is my favorite video game series if I had to pick one.

Yea I'm really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 5.

A open world Metal Gear solid game with fantastic graphics and that stealth gameplay I love so much?

AND it features Big Boss?

Sign me up!:D

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well it all stems from people being tricked into playing him MGS2 and having to deal with his sort of confused and whiny attitude instead of Solid Snakes cool awesome attitude. But that whole thing happened over 10 years ago. MGS2 came out when I was 9 and I'm 21 now. What happened back then was so long ago and I personally feel he's become a better character since then, but apparently it wasn't enough for some.
So it's kinda like how in DMC4 Nero is playable more than Dante? But for MGS2 it was only Raiden instead of Snake. So no one was told about this until the game was out or something? Wow!
Well if Kojima's words are anything to go by, we might get Gray Fox in MGR2 and Kojima might be handing over the Fox Engine to P*. EDIT: Oh sounds like you already know lol.
Keeping fingers crossed for you fans of MGS.^_^

If I wanted to start playing MGS games, which one would be best to start with?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

actually the DMC4 comparison is spot on.

And Solid Snake was still in MGS2 but like Dante in DMC4 he was playable LATER in the game's story.

And I would say Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best place to start.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Play the original. Hell, play them in order if you want to really get in to it. MGS 3 is usually considered the best in the entire series though.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
actually the DMC4 comparison is spot on.

And Solid Snake was still in MGS2 but like Dante in DMC4 he was playable LATER in the game's story.
Ah, I see. Well at least he was playable for a little while. That's something. At least I'd be prepared if I get the games.

And I would say Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best place to start.
Play the original. Hell, play them in order if you want to really get in to it. MGS 3 is usually considered the best in the entire series though.
Thanks both of you for th recommendation!:D Is there a way to buy all of them as a bundle? Like the DMC HD collection?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Thanks both of you for th recommendation!:D Is there a way to buy all of them as a bundle? Like the DMC HD collection?
The HD Collection is actually a pretty good deal. It comes with MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker (the PSP game)

It doesn't have the first Metal Gear Solid though. I recommend seeking out a copy of the original or downloading it off the PS store. There's also that remake called The Twin Snakes for Gamecube.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The HD Collection is actually a pretty good deal. It comes with MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker (the PSP game)

It doesn't have the first Metal Gear Solid though. I recommend seeking out a copy of the original or downloading it off the PS store. There's also that remake called The Twin Snakes for Gamecube.

Yea, I forgot MGS1 wasn't included.

But if you have a old Gamecube lying around than I would grab The Twin Snakes which features updated graphics.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
actually, yes there is!:)

For the PS3.

EDIT

Also for the 360 and Vita

Thanks to both of you for telling me about that. ^_^ I think I'll give this a go when I have free time. I've been looking for a new game series to get into. Usually ones with multiple games have stories to follow, and I like that kind of thing, plus these games are hack and slash, so it's exactly my thing.

Yea, I forgot MGS1 wasn't included.

But if you have a old Gamecube lying around than I would grab The Twin Snakes which features updated graphics.
Ah...I don't have a Camecube now...is there another way to play it? Otherwise, I could see the cutscenes on youtube. ^_^

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Thanks to both of you for telling me about that. ^_^ I think I'll give this a go when I have free time. I've been looking for a new game series to get into. Usually ones with multiple games have stories to follow, and I like that kind of thing, plus these games are hack and slash, so it's exactly my thing.

Ah...I don't have a Camecube now...is there another way to play it? Otherwise, I could see the cutscenes on youtube. ^_^

As Chancey pointed out, you can always download it from the playstation store.

Yugo12

Yeah it's kinda like that but worse. You see Kojima was performing a really effed up experiment by not telling anyone about Raiden and all the footage in E3's and trailers and would only show Solid Snake. ToCool has it a bit mixed up, you don't get to play Snake later on. What happens is that when you start up the game (also think about how hyped people were for this game) you see Solid Snake and you're like "F*** YEAH Mother effin Solid Snake!", and you're playing as him and you're snappin necks left and right, but all of the sudden 10 minutes into the game Snake seemingly dies (he doesn't he comes back) and you are playing as this blonde, bishie looking character who is nothing like Snake at all and you have to play as him for the rest of the game. I can completely understand why people would rage hard.

Supposedly he did this so people could relate to Raiden who in the game is going through a similar situation. Raiden basically represents us the players. It assumes we've played MGS1 countless of times and Raiden has sort of played MGS1 as well by going through the same mission through Virtual Reality Missions. He doesn't even really have a real identity to later in the game. People didn't like that (I thought it was brilliant), but instead of hating Kojima they just hated the character. Even Kojima has made fun of Raiden a couple of times.

Also MGS3 or MGS1 would be the best. I personally say MGS1 or Twin Snakes. MGS1 if you can stand the dated graphics.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
As Chancey pointed out, you can always download it from the playstation store.
I forgot that part:blush: That's good to know. I like to try and play all games in a series. It'd be kinda like when I wasn't able to play the first Blood omen game with the Legacy of Kain games. It's like there was something missing. So it was grat when I finally tracked down a second hand copy.

Yeah it's kinda like that but worse. You see Kojima was performing a really effed up experiment by not telling anyone about Raiden and all the footage in E3's and trailers and would only show Solid Snake.Oh. That's a mean prank to play on fans. I guess I can undrtsand why they got mad if they though they would only have Snake and then got Raiden.
Kinda like how Lightning was shown as the main character in FFXIII-2 and then suddenly Serah was the main character with Lightning only having a small role.

ToCool has it a bit mixed up, you don't get to play Snake later on. What happens is that when you start up the game (also think about how hyped people were for this game) you see Solid Snake and you're like "F*** YEAH Mother effin Solid Snake!", and you're playing as him and you're and you're snappin necks left and right, but all of the sudden 10 minutes into the game Snake seemingly dies (he doesn't he comes back) and you are playing as this blonde, bishie looking character who is nothing like Snake at all and you have to play as him for the rest of the game. I can completely understand why people would rage hard.Wow. That would be like being given cake and then having the cake taken away, to be replaced by cake you don't like as much.
I heard that analogy on this forum somewhere....I thought it fits with this situation^_^ Thanks to whoever siad it!

Supposedly he did this so people could relate to Raiden who in the game is going through a similar situation. Raiden basically represents us the players. It assumes we've played MGS1 countless of times and Raiden has sort of played MGS1 as well by going through the same mission through Virtual Reality Missions. He doesn't even really have a real identity to later in the game. People didn't like that (I thought it was brilliant), but instead of hating Kojima they just hated the character. Even Kojima has made fun of Raiden a couple of times.I don't know what's worse. I guess hating a character is bettr than hating a real person. At least I'm ready for that twist, so thanks for th warning.

Also MGS3 or MGS1 would be the best. I personally say MGS1 or Twin Snakes. MGS1 if you can stand the dated graphics.
Looks like I'll have to go with the one they have on the PS3 store as I don't have a Gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom