• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yugo12

I forgot that part:blush: That's good to know. I like to try and play all games in a series. It'd be kinda like when I wasn't able to play the first Blood omen game with the Legacy of Kain games. It's like there was something missing. So it was grat when I finally tracked down a second hand copy.

Looks like I'll have to go with the one they have on the PS3 store as I don't have a Gamecube.
Good choice. I always say people should play the original MGS1 because to me it's the definitive Metal Gear Solid experience. It has all the iconic lines, the iconic soundtrack, and the most iconic Metal Gear.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Good choice. I always say people should play the original MGS1 because to me it's the definitive Metal Gear Solid experience. It has all the iconic lines, the iconic soundtrack, and the most iconic Metal Gear.
Thanks!
Actually, I'm not sure why I never played the first one when it came out? Maybe I was too young at th time? Then again, I think Metal gear games have only come onto my rader recently with all this talk of Raiden. So thank you Raiden for letting me hear about these games.:D

Domenic93

The video says that game sites are biased. We know that. It does not say that they take monetary bribes. Anyone who thinks a gaming site of any kind is not biased is a fool. Of course it will be biased because people are biased.

The most that gaming sites get from an exclusive review is a peak in their site hits, and in turn a boost to the adverts on their sites. That is all.

Your point?

No, he's really called Bob Barbas.:troll: Still jackass though. :p
I think his point is that most of the gaming public doesn't know that

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think his point is that most of the gaming public doesn't know that
I would honestly hope they do know though. I mean, not everyone is totally unaware that videogame sites are biased...and magazines and news shows and newspapers and TV shows....It's pretty much all biased these days...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I forgot that part:blush: That's good to know. I like to try and play all games in a series. It'd be kinda like when I wasn't able to play the first Blood omen game with the Legacy of Kain games. It's like there was something missing. So it was grat when I finally tracked down a second hand copy.

Looks like I'll have to go with the one they have on the PS3 store as I don't have a Gamecube.
Fans have every reason to hate Raiden. It's not just that he decided to carry the main character torch, he really is just VERY ANNOYING and spent basically the entire duration of the game complaining and arguing with his girlfriend (crazy revelation) the whole time.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

I recommend playing the original or downloading it off the PS store. The Twin Snakes, while a very impressive remake, re did a bit of the voice acting and also added some scenes that just doesn't really work. I say really just experience Metal Gear Solid in its original glory and love it.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Fans have every reason to hate Raiden. It's not just that he decided to carry the main character torch, he really is just VERY ANNOYING and spent basically the entire duration of the game complaining and arguing with his girlfriend (crazy revelation) the whole time.
He has a girlfriend? I thought he was a robot or something from how he looks.

I'll see what Raiden is like for myself. Maybe he will annoy me and maybe I will like him. I'll have to play the game and find out. Got to say he looks kinda cool though. ^_^ So long as he doesn't have a Nero moment of crying, screaming and sparkly tears, I'll be okay with Raiden I think. :p

I recommend playing the original or downloading it off the PS store. The Twin Snakes, while a very impressive remake, re did a bit of the voice acting and also added some scenes that just doesn't really work. I say really just experience Metal Gear Solid in its original glory and love it.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going with the PS story download.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He has a girlfriend? I thought he was a robot or something from how he looks.

I'll see what Raiden is like for myself. Maybe he will annoy me and maybe I will like him. I'll have to play the game and find out. Got to say he looks kinda cool though. ^_^ So long as he doesn't have a Nero moment of crying, screaming and sparkly tears, I'll be okay with Raiden I think. :p
He looks like a girl.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
to be fair that game wasn't very good due to it being stuck in development hell and lacking the polish it needed to be something special. it was a good idea though
Development hell always has a bad effect in one way or another, no matter the game. It's frustrating that sort of thing happens.Worst is when things are cut out to save time.

He looks like a girl.
Maybe I like girly looking?:troll: But he still looks kinda cool to me. I guess I'm just used to that type of character what with being a DMC and Final fantasy fan.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
He looks like a girl.

Trust me, I've seen worse.
5408-1350963252.png

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
raiden is modeled after David Bowie, which explains everything
David Bowie is awesome. Well, he is in that Labyrinth film^_^ Such cool and crazy hair when he was the goblin king. I also kinda like his Ziggy Stardust phase. Pretty colourful.

Domenic93

well you said it yourself MANY times around here, the DMC fanbase is a "special" fanbase nowadays when it comes to needless hate.

As a fan of Metal Gear Solid, it doesn't compare to that type of hate which is why I don't understand why MGR receives so much flake.

Especially since as I pointed out we are going to be getting a TRUE Metal Gear Solid game soon.

If you had a problem with it or Raiden you simply could have ignored it as a a afterthought and waited for Metal Gear solid 5.

And no, I don't think its all to blame on what you call "butthurt DMC fans" since those types of fans would actually PREFER this game simply because Platinium games is attached.

I personally think that the most attention comes for the butthurt Metal Gear solid "purists" actually.

Just my outlook on it things.
the reason MGR didn't get as much hate is because Kojima puts out quality games and is very trusted. Where as with Capcom we don't trust them as far as we could throw them

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
the reason MGR didn't get as much hate is because Kojima puts out quality games and is very trusted. Where as with Capcom we don't trust them as far as we could throw them
Don't know about Kojima, but Capcom have mad too many bad choices, and not just with DmC things.

IncarnatedDemon

There are others reasons as well.
1. Metal Gear serie has had a non stealth game before
2. It´s a spin off that reflects Raiden´s fight style: He slashes people - hack and SLASH!
3. MGR didn´t affect Solid game development
4. MGR wasn´t made for sake of earning money, it was Kojima trying something new.

In contrast to factor 4, Capcom rebooted DmC with money being a major reason.

Domenic93

There are others reasons as well.
1. Metal Gear serie has had a non stealth game before
2. It´s a spin off that reflects Raiden´s fight style: He slashes people - hack and SLASH!
3. MGR didn´t affect Solid game development
also tell me after playing MGS4 you didn't want to play as raiden after this

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
So MGR wasn't being made with hopes of earning a profit?

All companies aim to make money. It's not as nefarious as it sounds.

And DmC is considered a risk more than anything. Even if MGR bombed hard the Metal Gear series and Konami would be just fine. Capcom however aren't doing so hot right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom