• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
How telling people to be smart and have a mind of their own (which is good) have anything to do with discussing whether IGN´s review of DmC was biased or paid off, or if IGN practice involves bribery
Of course it is biased because it is human nature to be biased. How could it not be biased? As for paid off no. There is no proof.

i dont know...

But i guess ill go with irelevant statements as well:
Dont listen to Gamespot
IGN
Destructoid (Jim Sterling especially)
Exactly. Don't listen to them and it won't matter whether they take bribes or not. The game is out, so who cares now? This is just grasping at straws to prove goodness knows what about DmC. Like it was so bad that they had to resort to bribery....sure:troll:

Listen to your fellow gamers or gamers that you can easily see are not biased and are fan of the serie.
And dont listen to people who speak of how "OMG i am having a orgasm this game is so good!".
Be critical and ask "Why is the good game good"? "Why is that bad?" "Is it all bad?" etc.
Details...

Here is a example of someone you shoulddlt listen to even though he has a awesome speech and its easy to get carried away and ride the hype train :D

so he is more than just a d*ck :troll:
Biggest one ever times infinity:p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Does anyone seriously think the larger minority of DMC fans will actually give a fair analysis? I'd rather not listen to them.

And I don't think DmC was giving out any bribes. First of all Capcom is in a financial rut and could hardly even spend much on marketing the game. Also, considering how many people hated this game the moment they saw it, if I wanted to get people on my side you best be giving out those perfect scores because a lot of people are stubborn as hell. It was just a freaking 8 out of 10. Freaking everyone else I saw feel pretty much the same about it. They say it's good but also undeniably flawed. It also isn't as bad as the DMC fans want to make it out to be.

EA has all the money in the world and I keep seeing the paid off examples being shown are for games like Mass Effect and Battlefield which can have one game in their series earning more money than Devil May Cry has earned in it's entire life time. They have that sh!t load of money to throw around because they're obviously not investing that in their games they're making.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Here is a example of someone you shoulddlt listen to even though he has a awesome speech and its easy to get carried away and ride the hype train :D
Oh, I see. So because this video does not agree with your opinion on DmC, it is a bad one. Now who's being biased.

Does anyone seriously think the larger minority of DMC fans will actually give a fair analysis? I'd rather not listen to them.

And I don't think DmC was giving out any bribes. First of all Capcom is in a financial rut and could hardly even spend much on marketing the game. Also, considering how many people hated this game the moment they saw it, if I wanted to get people on my side you best be giving out those perfect scores because a lot of people are stubborn as hell. It was just a freaking 8 out of 10. Freaking everyone else I saw feel pretty much the same about it. They say it's good but also undeniably flawed. It also isn't as bad as the DMC fans want to make it out to be.Exactly. It would not make sense to bribe when the money is low anyway. Besides, would it be in the nature of a Japanese company to bribe?

And the scores are generally the same across the board, so Capcom must have been very busy wasting their money bribing so many:troll:

EA has all the money in the world and I keep seeing the paid off examples being shown are for games like Mass Effect and Battlefield which can have one game in their series earning more money than Devil May Cry has earned in it's entire life time. They have that sh!t load of money to throw around because they're obviously not investing that in their games they're making.
Yep, EA does have that ind of power. Like that SimCity fiasco recently...ugh. They have no idea how annoying that was and yet they have the money to avoid those kind of problems.

IncarnatedDemon

I´ve proven my point about IGN.
I dont want to bother talking to you more about that site Loopy.

I have no proof of IGN being bribed for DmC.

But i´ve shown IGN has been bribed with Mass Effect 3.
And they are involved in B4 as well.

So there is the possiblity of DmC 8.9 being result of small degree of bribing that we dont know of.

I could be wrong. I never have said i am right.

But from the start IGN have had a positive outlook on DmC.
They had a exclusive video of DmC´s first gameplay video without anyone else having it. I do not think it was even posted on any Capcom site either.

So obviously Capcom COULD have given it to them to boost their ratings.

And...if IGN wanting more viewer rating
And Capcom wanting a softer review
Capcom can just give a exclusive video to IGN for that or videos or whatever.

And unlike you Loopy i dont dismiss IGN being potentially bribed in someway with:
"Who cares"
"Have your own brain"
"Its IGN!"
"We´re all biased"

When the topic at hand is "Was they maybe bribed?" If IGN wasn´t bribed, then their review of DmC is pretty biased.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I´ve proven my point about IGN.
I dont want to bother talking to you more about that site Loopy.
You've proven nothing, only that we all know that all videogame sites are biased and that people by nature are biased.

I have no proof of IGN being bribed for DmC.

But i´ve shown IGN has been bribed with Mass Effect 3.
And they are involved in B4 as well.
No you haven't.

So there is the possiblity of DmC 8.9 being result of small degree of bribing that we dont know of.
Possibility is not proof.

I could be wrong. I never have said i am right.
So stop acting like your guesswork is right.

But from the start IGN have had a positive outlook on DmC. Is that such a crime?
They had a exclusive video of DmC´s first gameplay video without anyone else having it. I do not think it was even posted on any Capcom site either.No because they got the exclusive in exchange for a peak in site hits.

So obviously Capcom COULD have given it to them to boost their ratings.
Could but also could not have.

And...if IGN wanting more viewer rating
And Capcom wanting a softer review
Capcom can just give a exclusive video to IGN for that or videos or whatever.

And unlike you LoopyDoes this make you feel better than me:troll: i dont dismiss IGN being potentially bribed in someway with:You said so yourself that IGN and their reviews were 'crap' so by your own words, you should dismiss IGN too instead of holding on to it as if it is the proof of your people were bribed to give a good review for DmC.
"Who cares"
"Have your own brain"
"Its IGN!"
"We´re all biased"
Hold on, that video you posted said that IGN was biased, along with other gaming sites. so now you are going against the video you posted.

When the topic at hand is "Was they maybe bribed?" If IGN wasn´t bribed, then their review of DmC is pretty biased.Of course it is biased. Humans are biased.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
i love a good cat fight
Meow. Talk about animal magnetism. You're a bitch magnet Dante:troll: Couldn't resist that quote.

Doesn´t IGN having advertisements of Mass Effect all over their site not a sign of bribery?
It's a sign of the real world. IGN is not the only site to put adverts up of Mass effect. It is not the sign of a bribe. It's like when a new perfume or other product comes out and there are commercials and billboards about it. This is what happens when a new product comes out.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Maybe you should just let it go Loopy. Demon here is the unfairly biased one here.

Demon just wants you to say DmC shouldn't have got the score it got and also say Rising should have got the better score. I don't even know if Demon can even see my post but I dare you to say just that and watch Demon not say a word and just agree with it fully. It's obvious Demon just hates everything about DmC. Hell, Demon's the one who makes the forum topics just to antagonize the game more and is known to grasp at straws and scrap at the bottom of the barrel for anything to bash it with. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

IncarnatedDemon

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526923

otheGJb.jpg

Yes, IGN is not known for promoting a game for their own gain. They are ONLY biased.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Maybe I should change my name to Lilith:troll: Hur hur

Maybe you should just let it go Loopy. Demon here is the unfairly biased one here. I noticed. Like the whole Bayonetta and Nintendo....and how Kat loves Dante because she touched his face...I think that was the same member?
I prefer to be in the middle with these games. But this whole using IGN as a beacon of bribery is just silly. The game is already out and we're still having this kind of talk....it's beyond silly.

Demon just wants you to say DmC shouldn't have got the score it got and also say Rising should have got the better score. I don't even know if Demon can even see my post but I dare you to say just that and watch Demon not say a word and just agree with it fully. It's obvious Demon just hates everything about DmC. Hell, Demon's the one who makes the forum topics just to antagonize the game more and is known to grasp at straws and scrap at the bottom of the barrel for anything to bash it with. Even if it doesn't make any sense.
I wouldn't mind if it was done objectively and with proof. But all it is is a bunch of conspiriacy theories and conjecture with no solid evidence. It's a case of 'I think this so I am right' regardless of proof.
Like I said prior: Game is out, get over it. Bashing, flaming, trolling and antagonising does nothing but make this forum a bad place to be.

Yes, IGN is not known for promoting a game for their own gain. They are ONLY biased.
Do you even know what that code is? We know they are biased just like any human on this planet; just like you in regards to DmC. You are not bringing us some shocking revelation about IGN. Why do you care about them when you say yourself that they are 'crap'?

I interrupt this thread to bring you:
tumblr_mizxiynVkW1s5glk6o1_r1_500.gif

Pass the feeling on.

You too IncarnatedDemon, please stop with the "I'm right, you're wrong" hostility. It's like you're constantly trying to husher people into a bar fight and it's scary!
OnionHead81.gif

I'll take you up on that...and the dress she is wearing...I'll take that too. It's cute.^_^

IncarnatedDemon

Well based on what i have shown, i am more right than Loop that´s for sure.

All she can do is trivialize things and avoid the evidence of IGN having been bribed.

Do you even know what that code is? We know they are biased just like any human on this planet; just like you in regards to DmC. You are not bringing us some shocking revelation about IGN. Why do you care about them when you say yourself that they are 'crap'?

Its source code for Battlefield site. Can it be any more obvious?

And no i am not biased when it comes to DmC.
If i was id give it a 6.5.

But my rating of DmC is between 8 and 8.5.

I think id give it a 8. 5 because of the improvements.
So no i am not biased.

And i dont care about IGN! THIS TOPIC is about "Was the reviews really paid of?!?"

And i am pointing that IGNs 8.9 of DmC was not a correct score. That it did not reflect upon the game itself.
And that IGN have bribed before.

So stop asking "Why do u care about IGN if u think they suck"

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well based on what i have shown, i am more right than Loop that´s for sure.

All she can do is trivialize things and avoid the evidence of IGN having been bribed.
You said yourself that you have no proof that IGN was bribed. You aslo say that IGN is crap, so why do you care about them? Make your mind up.
Why do you want to argue anyway? Because I do not agree with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom