• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I haven't played it yet. I've been kinda out of the loop on Silent Hill since they changed it. First 3 were the best ,Origins was sort of okay. I'd just rather it stuck with the original cast more instead of swapping around every game as much as it has :'(
out all the silent hill characters Harry, Alex and Murphy is my fav lol

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think they were the ones that gave I am Alive a low score and I thought that was a really good game >_<
I Am Alive was interesting but I was rather disappointed how it became more of a climbing simulator that actually taking advantage of the post apocalyptic world. It had so much potential. Still good considering it's a downloadable game.

Why is everyone in the future d!cks though? And me pulling out a loaded gun on them turned in to games of red light green light. I was like what the hell are you doing?! I will kill you! lol

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Like i said, first "meaty" gameplay video of DmC came from IGN, and throughout the game´s development they barely had anything but positive things to say about the game.

And i dont give a crap about IGN, but the topic is:
If you don't care, then stop using IGN as an exaple of this great conspiriacy theory.
were the reviews really paid or people arent buying it?

I say IGN definetly received something for DmC.
The site is owned by NewsCorp who also has Fox News.
And, this proves what? It means the compnay has pleanty of money and would not need to take a bribe.
And people would do alot of things for money, so why would Fox News who is owned by NewsCorp attack DmC a product of Capcom, Capcom who may have paid IGN something for their "effort".
They were paid by getting exclusive access to videos which means more pageviews and more money for the viewing of adverts on their site. Not an actual money bribe.

And ill leave this here:
Conspiriacy crowd again.Everything and anything can be a conspiriacy these days. IGN was bribed, America bombs intself to start wars...the queen of England is a reptile alien and the illuminati rule the world....it's just another conspiriacy in a great line of others.

I dont have any proof that IGN received something for DmC. I dont...
But i believe they did on basis of:
- They had first exclusive gameplay video of DmC
- Their articles was mostly positive for DmC (never a "DmC has issues")
- And they are generally known for bribing.
You said you have no proof, so how are they known for bribing?

I believe its their practice to do this with most games if they can. That is taking money without being noticed on the radar.
Then don't listen to IGN. And if you think that, then it means this is not limited to DmC, which also means that maybe they did not take a bribe on it. If you have no proof then don't say they took a bribe.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Like i said, first "meaty" gameplay video of DmC came from IGN, and throughout the game´s development they barely had anything but positive things to say about the game.

And i dont give a crap about IGN, but the topic is:

were the reviews really paid or people arent buying it?

I say IGN definetly received something for DmC.
The site is owned by NewsCorp who also has Fox News.

And people would do alot of things for money, so why would Fox News who is owned by NewsCorp attack DmC a product of Capcom, Capcom who may have paid IGN something for their "effort".

And ill leave this here:

I dont have any proof that IGN received something for DmC. I dont...
But i believe they did on basis of:
- They had first exclusive gameplay video of DmC
- Their articles was mostly positive for DmC (never a "DmC has issues")
- And they are generally known for bribing.

I believe its their practice to do this with most games if they can. That is taking money without being noticed on the radar.
Considering how Capcom lost a bunch of money recently and proven time and time again review scores don't sell games, I'd like to think the LAST thing Capcom is looking at is making sure the opinion of people who are already universally hated is on their side. Capcom is stupid but I don't want to believe no one is THAT stupid.

A company like EA however has money like that to throw around. They pay to advertise their new army games on sites. When I think about Capcom really is struggling, there was so little marketing done for the game. I don't remember seeing the game getting ANY TV spots and the only kind of advertisement it got outside of the internet and Gamestop was really when they showed that CG Trailer in the movie theater at RE showings.

IncarnatedDemon

IGN gave DmC a 8.9.

But gave Metal Gear Rising a 8.5.

I dont mean to say that one game is better than the other.

But from a innovative perspective, and from this perspective: Metal Gear Rising being 1st Rising game and DmC being the FIFTH!

Why is Rising a 8.5, while DmC is a 8.9?

I dont think Rising deserves a 8.9 or 9.0. I think i would give it a 8.5.

But to say DmC which has gameplay that for most parts have existed before and the game is the FIFTH in the franchise is a 8.9 is really ignoring how you should review a game.

Most honest gamers who reviewed DmC gave it a score between 7.5 to 8.5

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
IGN gave DmC a 8.9.

And? It's only a .4 difference in score. So what's the problem. Oh, didn't the makers of Metal gear bribe enough:troll:

But from a innovative perspective, and from this perspective: Metal Gear Rising being 1st Rising game and DmC being the FIFTH!How is this perspective innovative...that would imply that it is brand new and groundbreaking?

Because it is what it is....

One of the pros of DmC was "Sick combos!".
They're entitled to say that. They could say it was terrible for all I care. The point is?

Then you're agreeing with IGN....and?

But to say DmC which has gameplay that for most parts have existed before and the game is the FIFTH in the serie is a 8.9 is really ignoring how you should review a game.
That makes no sense. How is this backing anything up?
Maybe they liked the game? Or is that a difficult concept to grasp? Besides, this is IGN we're talking about, so who cares?

he ain't better than Nolan North tho :troll:
He's a close second, followed by Quinton Flynn, purely because he is Axel:p Favourite female is Jennifer Hale. She's Femshep and that's reason enough. Plus she's in Bioshock as Lutece and Black Knight in Generator Rex...I love those kind of characters and Hale really brings them to life.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
IGN gave DmC a 8.9.

But from a innovative perspective, and from this perspective: Metal Gear Rising being 1st Rising game and DmC being the FIFTH!

One of the pros of DmC was "Sick combos!".

But to say DmC which has gameplay that for most parts have existed before and the game is the FIFTH in the serie is a 8.9 is really ignoring how you should review a game.
No. You just wanted Rising to get a better score than DmC and 8.5 and 8.9 is not a big difference. It's freaking stupid though. Adding points in the scores because simply explaining if a video game is worth it is now somehow some scientific analysis or something. Films don't even freaking endure this type of scoring. I seriously just don't get it. That's why I don't like number scores. I don't think a complex opinion can be expressed numerically and people nowadays can't interpret the review unless they see a number behind it now.

IncarnatedDemon

Stop saying "This is IGN who cares?"
Who cares? The discussion is "Was the reviews paid off?"

Just beause IGN spits out crap doesnt mean that crap wasnt paid off.

And you neither me have any proof whether they were paid off or not other than speculation.

But i posted a video where IGN is involved in Battlefield 4.
Isnt that proof enough of IGN´s practice?

And i heard that when Mass Effect 3 was around releae IGN had lots of advertisement around their site.
Which is funny because Jessica CHobot is in Mass Effect.
She works for IGN...

I pointed out IGN had a exclusive video of first MEATY DmC gameplay video.
My point with that is: Why did they have that and no other sites?

"If you scratch my back ill scratch yours"

Thats what i think is going on with IGN with their reviews.
Does it make every review paid off? No.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
That makes no sense. How is this backing anything up?
Maybe they liked the game? Or is that a difficult concept to grasp? Besides, this is IGN we're talking about, so who cares?

He's a close second, followed by Quinton Flynn, purely because he is Axel:p Favourite female is Jennifer Hale. She's Femshep and that's reason enough. Plus she's in Bioshock as Lutece and Black Knight in Generator Rex...I love those kind of characters and Hale really brings them to life.
btw did Troy voiced Booker am i right?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Stop saying "This is IGN who cares?"
Who cares? The discussion is "Was the reviews paid off?"

Just beause IGN spits out crap doesnt mean that crap wasnt paid off.

And you neither me have any proof whether they were paid off or not other than speculation.

But i posted a video where IGN is involved in Battlefield 4.
Isnt that proof enough of IGN´s practice?

And i heard that when Mass Effect 3 was around releae IGN had lots of advertisement around their site.
Which is funny because Jessica CHobot is in Mass Effect.
She works for IGN...

I pointed out IGN had a exclusive video of first MEATY DmC gameplay video.
My point with that is: Why did they have that and no other sites?

"If you scratch my back ill scratch yours"

Thats what i think is going on with IGN with their reviews.
Does it make every review paid off? No.
Was DmC paid off? No.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
No. You just wanted Rising to get a better score than DmC and 8.5 and 8.9 is not a big difference. It's freaking stupid though. Adding points in the scores because simply explaining if a video game is worth it is now somehow some scientific analysis or something. Films don't even freaking endure this type of scoring. I seriously just don't get it. That's why I don't like number scores. I don't think a complex opinion can be expressed numerically and people nowadays can't interpret the review unless they see a number behind it now.
Seems like people put too much emphasis on the number...and anything below a 7 means the game must be terrible. It's like people don't read the reviews anymore and skip right to the number to get a feel for the game.
Then there are some who are like review zombies. They only listen to reviews and do not have their own opinion on if a game is good or not. Soon, they'll be like this
Oreilly_Explain_Bread-toast_zps64b748f2.jpeg

sheeple_zpsadbfafe1.jpg

People just need to make their own minds up instead of listening to IGN (which is terrible anyway) and buy a game because they want it.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Seems like people put too much emphasis on the number...and anything below a 7 means the game must be terrible. It's like people don't read the reviews anymore and skip right to the number to get a feel for the game.
Then there are some who are like review zombies. They only listen to reviews and do not have their own opinion on if a game is good or not. Soon, they'll be like this
Oreilly_Explain_Bread-toast_zps64b748f2.jpeg

Good ol' jackass o' reilly

IncarnatedDemon

How telling people to be smart and have a mind of their own (which is good) have anything to do with discussing whether IGN´s review of DmC was biased or paid off, or if IGN practice involves bribery

i dont know...

But i guess ill go with irelevant statements as well:
Dont listen to Gamespot
IGN
Destructoid (Jim Sterling especially)

Listen to your fellow gamers or gamers that you can easily see are not biased and are fan of the serie.
And dont listen to people who speak of how "OMG i am having a orgasm this game is so good!".
Be critical and ask "Why is the good game good"? "Why is that bad?" "Is it all bad?" etc.
Details...

Here is a example of someone you shoulddlt listen to even though he has a awesome speech and its easy to get carried away and ride the hype train :D

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Here is the advertisements on IGN of Mass Effect 3.
Coincedence? So they advertised Mass Effect 3...and? Of course they are going to do that, just like any other gaming site.

Video

And these advertisements are what companies probably wave with to these big sites.
The video says that game sites are biased. We know that. It does not say that they take monetary bribes. Anyone who thinks a gaming site of any kind is not biased is a fool. Of course it will be biased because people are biased.

The most that gaming sites get from an exclusive review is a peak in their site hits, and in turn a boost to the adverts on their sites. That is all.

Your point?

Good ol' jackass o' reilly
No, he's really called Bob Barbas.:troll: Still jackass though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom