• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'll chill when I'm not being accused of conducting criminal activity.
That wasn't directed at you. It was general. I just personally don't see the point in getting upset over the internet. At the end of the day you can just switch the computer off if you've had enough.
Or in the case of this forum, you can block people.

Also, where does it say you were doing criminal activity?:/ I haven't seen you doing anything bad.
And you can get arrested for posting something on the internet that someone even considers remotely offensive nowadays.
For sure stuff like attack plans and emails do count as evidence in court. I think bullying messages count too nowadays with the rise of facebook. But I'm not sure about this forum. Sure if there were people sending PM for how to kill someone they know, then that would count.
Surely, you can understand my concern when looking at it that way.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Where does it say... ?
When Vine said that "accusing someone of a falsehood is an offense or even a crime".
It sounded like an intimidation tactic disguised as "soft counseling".

I said that being passive-aggressive and insensitive was also problematic in addition to me having a so-called "attitude" (which I never had, I was merely asking to be left alone, which should never constitute to having an "attitude").

Anyway, it sounded like one of the worst possible accusations under one of the most insidious, "nice-tactic" shrouds one can think of. He couldn't accuse me of criminal activity outright, so he just added it at the end.

"You're falsely accusing someone (I wasn't falsely accusing anyone of anything). Oh, by the way, which is offensive and maybe even a crime."

See how that was worded?

It was just the thought of someone thinking they could even pin criminal activity on me when I did nothing of the sort that set me off.

When you use the word "crime", in almost any context, you immediately raise the stakes and let the other person know that you're serious about accusing them of whatever it is you think they're guilty of.

That's what the big deal was with me.

But I stated my case, and said that I never falsely accused anyone.

Then I asked for the thread to be closed to avoid talking about this issue further, because it's a very serious one that I want no part of.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
You'd have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this "accusation" is false to begin with before convicting someone.
You is the one who have to prove that he offended you personaly in the first place, i know what is this passive-agressive behaviour that you're talking about. It's just like some DmC fans claiming that the "DMC fanbase" is composed by weaboos (who are retarded people who cannot grasp the reality by definition) just to offend in a more "polite" way. ToCool just talked about NT and DmC in the other topic without even claiming things on a passive-agressive way like "the people who like DmC is composed by a group of [insert "polite" offensive label here]". Personaly, i don't take offense by that and even engaged myself in a debate with Chancey to prove how dumb is to say such things, i like to resolve my own problems without having to appeal to authority or anything like that.

I'm not "threating you with incarceration", i'm just saying that false accusation can be even considered a crime, for you to have an idea of how offensive and harming this can be. I'm saying that you tried to accuse him without even explaining HOW and WHERE he offended you.

ToCool just pointed out that your post would do no good to the tension already estabilished in this topic. And he even said that he was aware that his very own post could be interpreted as offense or have the same effect he pointed out in your post. And he linked the other discussion were you two are arguing and suddenly after he saying that "balming today's market was not an excuse for low sellings", you started to claim that he was being offensive and insensitive without him making a single offense to you or even implying something negative about you.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm going to make this quite clear.

I said I didn't want to talk about it anymore.

And yet you continue to pursue this topic.

I will ask again: Could someone please lock this thread?

One more thing:

Why didn't you say all that in a PM?

I'll tell you why.

You want an audience. You need the attention.

You can reply. It won't matter to me. Go ahead and reply on this thread to get your likes.

This stops now.

I'm not talking about this anymore.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
You're just making things worse doing what you're saying that's bad, calling me an attentionwhore in that passive-agressive behaviour, i'm not willing to end a debate when i buy or get dragged into one. I was just trying to say for you to be more resilient and don't take so much things as offense, not every people on this forum are morons who want to offend or provoke people all the time for no reason, that's why i tried to defend ToCool74.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I WAS FROZEN TODAY
tumblr_mlmurtp8Ao1qztpowo1_250.gif

How dare you say that I'll have you know my mother was frozen today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom