• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were the reviews really paid or people aren't buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domenic93

So the problem is with you, not with the game. It's like looking for a bird underwater or looking to laugh watching a serious horror movie. You don't play racing games to have characters fighting and throwing fireballs on stages, the same way you don't play hack'n'slash games to have cinematic experience, it's just asking for something to be different from what the core of that things demands it to be.

You're entitled to hate Raiden, i've learned to like him in MGS4, although i hated having to play with him instead of Solid in MGS2. I think that Kojima will try to watch the next MGR development and use his ideas there too, but i think that for the time he's too busy making MGSV. He liked how peopla appreciated the game and if he gets closer to the next project i think you can have at least a little of the "MGS experience", but if you want a full MGS experience, you still have to play MGS and not MGR.

Metacritic shows users opinions, doesn't matter if it's biased or not. You said that most people hated MGR and the scores and reviews on Metacritic doesn't make up as an evidence to what you've stated, it shows us the opposite to be honest. I'm not saying the game is really good because it has nearly an 8 on Metacritic (although, i think that MGR deserves 8 as a score), i think that MGR is a good game with much potential, it's still too raw but can become a major hack'n'slash franchise just like DMC was. I see MGR as i see the first DMC game, who made the foundations to the awesomeness created after it.

they said the next game will be about gray fox

ChaserTech

I still think MGR is a decent despite all my negative feelings towards it. Not worth full price that's for sure.

As for Aquaman the only thing that generally depicts him in a very wrong light (not being a joke) is the Superfriends cartoon.

Aquaman weak? PFFT
2661633-aquavsuper1.jpg

He's the King Of Atlantis, has the power of the ocean, super strength, bulletproof, and even a healing factor. People who say Aquaman sucks have no clue why they even think that.

Regardless of what is shown in the comics of the DC universe, the media as a whole always manages to poke fun at Aquaman.

Big Bang Theory did it.
Family Guy did it.
Even Spongebob made parodies of Aquaman (Mermaid man basically)

People make fun of Aquaman because he is limited to the water as well as other shows/people making fun of him. It's not hard to understand.

Domenic93

Regardless of what is shown in the comics of the DC universe, the media as a whole always manages to poke fun at Aquaman.

Big Bang Theory did it.
Family Guy did it.

People make fun of Aquaman because he is limited to the water as well as other shows/people making fun of him. It's not hard to understand.
actually all the aquaman stereotypes can be traced back to the justice friends. the show did more harm than good for quite a few characters

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I made a post in DmC theories thread before i made threas about it. Noone replied.

As for discussion with Loopy she said if Nintendo didnt fund Bayo2 it would never happen in near or distant future, my point was that wasnt fact because any publisher could within course of 3 years or after fund Bayo2. that all nintendo did was save bayonetta2 from a delayed sequal.
But loopy continued saying Bayo2 wud not exist without nintendo as if she knew the future. And her argument wazs that publishers did not have interwst in Bayo2.

which wasnt true becuz we dont kno if PG went to other publishers other than Sega.
she further argumented for Sega wouldnt publish Bayogames once they said no to Bayo2.
and used Bayo sales as proof of publishers not having interest in funding Bayo.

We dont know future
we dont know if PG went to major publishers so how can u conclude Sony and Micro had no interest in Bayo2 when we dont know if PG went to them

We know Sega has interest in Bayo: has not sold rights to the serie ONLY rights to Bayo2 to nintendo. PLUS Sega is acting as advisors for Bayo2, what that means i dont know.
Sega has interest in Bayo serie. So how can anyone conclude Nintendo saved Bayo serie or Bayo2 from ever happening when Sega hasnt sold game rights and shown interest in Bayo2?

Just becuz Loopy did not understand me and spoke as if her words were fact doesnt mean my point was invalid.
and during discussion i waznt one going around with the words "desperate" and "argument", it was her.

Its weird though i became the scapegoat in that argument.
You just don't want to accept the uncomfortable fact Bayonetta was dead and Nintendo played necromancer to it. Bayonetta is only alive again because Nintendo picked it up as an exclusive. They will not hand it over to PC or any other console because that defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive to which Nintendo payed for.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
they said the next game will be about gray fox

It'd better be. That's the only way I'm supporting the MGR series. High heels FTL.

I know apologists like to call them "high-arched" boots, but let's be realistic here; they're high heels. -.-

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.

Big Bang Theory did it.
Family Guy did it.

But he's not limited to water. And just the power of the ocean is far from useless. Think about it. Anyone who says Aquaman is useless has no knowledge of Aquaman whatsoever.

ChaserTech

But he's not limited to water. And just the power of the ocean is far from useless. Think about it. Anyone who says Aquaman is useless has no knowledge of Aquaman whatsoever.

I believe you're missing my point.

actually all the aquaman stereotypes can be traced back to the justice friends. the show did more harm than good for quite a few characters

I never watched it so I can't say much about it. lol

IncarnatedDemon

You just don't want to accept the uncomfortable fact Bayonetta was dead and Nintendo played necromancer to it. Bayonetta is only alive again because Nintendo picked it up as an exclusive. They will not hand it over to PC or any other console because that defeats the purpose of it being an exclusive to which Nintendo payed for.
Bayonetta is dead? What do you base that on, your opinion?

Nintendo publishing Bayo2 on c or not - i dont care.
JUST said that nintendo funding Bayo2 doesnt make them saviors if they did it for console sales.
Its like your on edge off a cliff holding for your dear life and a stranger sees u and says hell save u under condition u nbecome his slave for rest of ur life.

The only thing it seems Nin did was save Bayo2 from a delayed sequal. Despite Sega has decided to focus on core brands, they havent sold all ofbthe rights to Bayo serie, and they have engagedbthemself in Bayo2.

As for ps3 and xbox users who dont plan on getting wii u, there is no Bayo2 for them.

Nin can do what they want but whats point in them funding Bayo2 if fans who love the game is given no choice other than buying a wii u. So lets not paint picture where noone cares about Bayo and nintendo out of thrir goodheart saved it from dying.

Sega has interest for Bayo, just not at the moment.

And if Nin does not release a pc edition of Bayo2 as a compromiss then i agree that Nintendo areopportunistic slimy dochebags.
id argue bayo2 wud been made as soon sega cud fund it, it cud take between1-3 year but atleast it wud be on 2 oritinal consoles.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
im not holding my breath. i just think they shud publish it on pc if they want to not be perceived as total arses.

Looks like BigN is a total arse then.

Well, the good part about you flaming Nintendo is now you can finally leave NT alone. They're no longer involved with DmC, and there won't be a sequel.

This is one exclusive I don't see N giving up. Not in the foreseeable future, anyway.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
im not holding my breath. i just think they shud publish it on pc if they want to not be perceived as total arses.
The PC crowd aren't the type to play a game like Bayonetta. That kind of keyboard and mouse imput doesn't work for such a fast hack and slash. Besides, PC people are usually a different kind of gaming consumer compared to console owners. There just isn't the same kind of demand from the PC gamers compared to console owners.

I doubt PC fans will say anyone is an ass for not giving them Bayonetta 2. It's not like they got the first game, so why would they want a Bayonetta 2 when they never played the first one?

Also Kamiya says here that he has no interest in PC gaming, so why would he want it on PC?
http://kotaku.com/5974039/the-guy-who-made-bayonetta-is-not-interested-in-valve-and-pc-gaming-thats-common-in-japan-[update-2]

The most vocal about the WiiU exclusivity are the Xbox and PS3 crowd.

Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!

You know what? Keep waiting for B2 to launch on PC. Let me know if you ever get it. -.-
It'll be a cold day in hell when that happens. Kamiya has no interest in PC gaming. Plus Nintendo has Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive!

It's great when fans flame companies for not following what they want. :troll:
At least there will be Bayonetta 2 at all. Be grateful Nintendo saved the game instead of letting it fade into even deeper obscurity.
I doubt any PC fans care. They didn't play Bayonetta 1 anyway because it was never relased on PC. That, and the fact that Kamiya will never have it released on PC because he does not like PC gaming.

IncarnatedDemon

Well, the good part about you flaming Nintendo is now you can finally leave NT alone. They're no longer involved with DmC, and there won't be a sequel.

This is one exclusive I don't see N giving up. Not in the foreseeable future, anyway.
my opinion is flaming?

arent u a respectful person. Thanks for respecting me...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
my opinion is flaming?
arent u a respectful person. Thanks for respecting me...
Saying that Nintendo is an "arse" company because they want to keep their exclusive games exclusive is flaming. I'm not angry. I don't care about N. Say what you want about them.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Like Nintendo is going to care if you perceive them as total a$$es.

I may give Nintendo a rough time but I love Nintendo. It's tough love. Nintendo is responsible for amazing and timeless masterpieces in the gaming industry. Also responsible for a consoles I hold near and dear to heart like the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. Nintendo is a company that arguably paved the way for the video game industry and is a huge part of why it even exist so strong today.

My "opinion" on Bayonetta being dead is based on how the first game didn't sell well, was canned by Sega themselves, no one wanted it, and even P* flat out admitting themselves that Bayonetta would not be alive if it wasn't for Nintendo.

Nintendo saved it. They also bought it as an exclusive for their system. Nintendo not giving it out to other platforms doesn't make them an asshole. They bought it for them. They have no reason to share it. That defeats the entire purpose of having it as an exclusive.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Like Nintendo is going to care if you perceive them as total a$$es.

I may give Nintendo a rough time but I love Nintendo. It's tough love. Nintendo is responsible for amazing and timeless masterpieces in the gaming industry. Also responsible for a consoles I hold near and dear to heart like the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. Nintendo is a company that arguably paved the way for the video game industry and is a huge part of why it even exist so strong today.
So true. For me, Nintendo really brought the world of videogames into the home for the first time and really paved the way for other companies to do the same. If it wasn't for Nintendo, I wouldn't be playing game now, games like DmC.

My "opinion" on Bayonetta being dead is based on how the first game didn't sell well, was canned by Sega themselves, no one wanted it, and even P* flat out admitting themselves that Bayonetta would not be alive if it wasn't for Nintendo.
Besides, there are articles all over the internet to support this. It's not just rumor or lies by angry fans.

Nintendo saved it. They also bought it as an exclusive for their system. Nintendo not giving it out to other platforms doesn't make them an asshole. They bought it for them. They have no reason to share it. That defeats the entire purpose of having it as an exclusive.
Besides, what's so bad about a company wanting exclusives? People complained before that Nintendo was getting the image of being for children and casual gamers. Now that they are picking up some different titles, like Bayonetta, suddenly there is a negative reaction. It's like Nintendo can't win.

And, what would be the point in making an exclusive deal to boost sales of their console, only to sell the game to other consoles later? It just wouldn't make sense after going to the trouble of making an exclusivity deal.

Also, you deserve this Chancey
tumblr_lrmwhmy17G1qe3fl9_zps2c774d0f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom