• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons/moves/skills for DmC Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I noticed that there's a lot more hand to hand combat in DmC. Well what i've noticed is dante sometimes will punch, kick, punt enemies away or stagger them or while in the air, he'll kick them even higher. Its nice to see a new game mechanic to mix up in the action

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
^ i also noticed as i've pointed out in some of my youtube analysis and i also like that they're adding more to the combat such as kicks and punches, im interested on seeing how dante uses his hand to hand combat because there has not been a button for kicks and punches in dmc only buttons for your weapons so im interested in learning about that

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ the running drop kick was cool to use, but it never had a use once you were engaged in a fight, unless you circled around a bit.
the added hand to hand reminds me of soul calibur, by which u have weapons but ur also able to keep ur opponent off guard and just to create a little space quickly. The "dodge/dive" that dante did was a move out of the demonic stance because he had a red aura around him.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
so nonetheless the combat will be interesting to see how it all comes together, and i did not notice the dive/roll being a demon stance move. im so excited for this game...i need......more......information.....o_O

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
so nonetheless the combat will be interesting to see how it all comes together, and i did not notice the dive/roll being a demon stance move. im so excited for this game...i need......more......information.....:confused:
dunno specifically if the dive/roll is available in demonic form, but in the trailer Dante has a red aura around him while he's evading

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
SCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTHE!!!!! HE HAS AN ACTUAL SCYTHE NOW!! :D
yep, he sure does. but the way dante holds and wields the new weapon is something i've never seen before. Much like the Cerberus is a tripartite nunchaku

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
how about some joke weapons?
like dante hitting some demon over the head with a bong or a loaf of bread or something.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
like dante hitting some demon over the head with a bong or a loaf of bread or something.
haha yes! ^ i think they could do like weapon skins (like gears of war 3) that would turn your normal weapons into funny random objects after you beat the game

Kammosjuttu

Pfft, haha! xD
I don't even know what the English word "bong" means, but if I had to pummel enemies into dust with a loaf of bread, it would be so ridiculous that I could only stare at the grain product in disbelief and totally ruin my performances. xD

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Pfft, haha! xD
I don't even know what the English word "bong" means, but if I had to pummel enemies into dust with a loaf of bread, it would be so ridiculous that I could only stare at the grain product in disbelief and totally ruin my performances. xD
haha well a bong is an object potheads used to filter weed while you smoke it lol

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah i wouldn't like giving dante a bong for a funny weapon because it was just give more people the satisfaction of saying "I TOLD U ALLZ DANTE WAS A DRUG-ADDICT! HE FIGHTS WITH A BONG! BLEH!" but the bread roll thing would be hilarious lol

Kammosjuttu

yeah i wouldn't like giving dante a bong for a funny weapon because it was just give more people the satisfaction of saying "I TOLD U ALLZ DANTE WAS A DRUG-ADDICT! HE FIGHTS WITH A BONG! BLEH!" but the bread roll thing would be hilarious lol

I can agree to this, completely. While a bread would be funny, a bong would drag Dante's rep through mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom