• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons/moves/skills for DmC Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkmyDragon

Well it sure isn't going to milk itself...
Maybe a claw-like weapon would be cool,I imagine the claws wold be very long, and of course it would be a demon weapon, perhaps with a poison effect, so that while you're slicing and dicing your current victim the ones you already cut are slowly dying

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I hope the "whip" will be able to upgrade, and like nero when he's in his demon form, you'll be able to snatch 3 guys at once... and throw em!

Kammosjuttu

There're so much great weapon ideas everyone's coming up with! And in the end, I bet Dante would rock even with a carpet-beater, he's such a cool man, haha. xD

About abilities, we've seen that angel skills will include the boosted jump (it's almost like little wings protrudes out from Dante's arms and make him glide through the air), so what skills might belong to the demon form exclusively? Hmm.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i was wondering how the weapon switching was going to work. I know how to switch forms to transform your weapon but the actual changing of Rebellion to another weapon, i wonder how that will work? Tam said that the weapons will be stored into the D-pad slots and all you do is swith weapons, but is this for ranged weapons or close range? or both? And will you be able to change weapons in mid combo? or will you need to equip a weapon at the main menu screen or at the start screen (dmc2)? I hope you'll be able to switch between weapons at any time because the d-pad is just the spot for a weapon select, much easier than toggling through weapons. I hope all weapons will be able to swap on the fly and every weapon has an angelic and demonic form to them. Even if it didnt have a demonic/angelic form to it, they should give the weapon abilities still only through holding down the L2/R2 because not all weapons can transform like Rebellion can....

Kammosjuttu

If I remember correctly, during the interviews they talked about it that changing weapons would be made easy and that you could swap between them on the fly while fighting, so I assume that the whole weapon arsenal you've collected thus far will be in your use at any time, too. They seemed eager to make fighting versatile and isn't that why they invented the 3-form, human-angel-demon, fighting style?
But I'm not sure will all of the weapons have all three forms; at least so far we've only seen, for instance, a scythe weapon only for the angel form and whenever Dante switches to the other forms, he uses everything else but the scythe. But I hope that's only because they don't want to show everything in the trailers, hopefully all of the weapons will have three forms in the final product.

About it how to swap weapons, since they are stored into the D-pad, maybe you just activate them simply pressing the button of desired weapon and there you go, and if all the forms have weapons strictly to them, then maybe the weapons you've stored to be used will change depending on it in which form Dante is at the very minute you go touching the D-pad? And when you change between forms, if you used ax in demon form, then went for angel form, and then returned to demon form back again, you would instantly hold the ax which you left activated the moment when you switched modes... maybe something like that? Of course, they may tweak it around a lot and make it something completely else, too.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
About it how to swap weapons, since they are stored into the D-pad, maybe you just activate them simply pressing the button of desired weapon and there you go, and if all the forms have weapons strictly to them, then maybe the weapons you've stored to be used will change depending on it in which form Dante is at the very minute you go touching the D-pad? And when you change between forms, if you used ax in demon form, then went for angel form, and then returned to demon form back again, you would instantly hold the ax which you left activated the moment when you switched modes... maybe something like that? Of course, they may tweak it around a lot and make it something completely else, too.

are you saying switching the ax out for "x" weapon? instead of switching out rebellion?
I think the weapon that are stored should have their own abilities in angel/demon form. Maybe not as dramatic as completely new weapons but just added attacks and abilities. Like if you had tonfa's and in your human form you'd have attack, jump, shoot, (whatever O is) and when you were in demon form you'd add a fire element with a different attack and if you were in angel form you'd add ice with a different set of attacks

Kammosjuttu

are you saying switching the ax out for "x" weapon? instead of switching out rebellion?
I think the weapon that are stored should have their own abilities in angel/demon form. Maybe not as dramatic as completely new weapons but just added attacks and abilities. Like if you had tonfa's and in your human form you'd have attack, jump, shoot, (whatever O is) and when you were in demon form you'd add a fire element with a different attack and if you were in angel form you'd add ice with a different set of attacks

I was talking about it that what if weapons are restricted only to one form. Like, if you had only a scythe, an ax and guns at the moment; when in human form, you would hold the guns, when in angel form, you would instantly hold the scythe and when in demon form, an ax you would have. So I was wondering if they have only one form of all weapons and that weapon could be used only when in the form matching the weapon? That is just a thought, and I do hope that it isn't how it'll turn out to be. It would be so much more fun to have 3 forms of all weapons. Though, if there are so much different forms, you would fill your blocks where to store weapons very quickly. So... I don't know.

Kammosjuttu

well im sure im not the only one who wants DmC to have a glove/boot type weapon like beowulf and gilgamesh :]

You're not the only one! ;D I even mentioned in the textes on the sketch paper that boots would be a nice weapon to use.
The more different weapons the player has in his use, the better he can modify the battle strategies to match with his style. And the more there are variants to play around with just for the fun, the better it would be indeed.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
do u think royal guard should make an appearance? I never understood it and hardly used it. But when i see an expert playing with RG its seems invincible. but it still lacks style. if it is added, it should be a standard block button but i dunno if i'd want a block button in dmc

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
do u think royal guard should make an appearance? I never understood it and hardly used it. But when i see an expert playing with RG its seems invincible. but it still lacks style. if it is added, it should be a standard block button but i dunno if i'd want a block button in dmc
ehhh, definitely not a block button i always feel games are way too easy when there is a block button, but yeah i think somehow royal guard should make an appearance, perhaps instead of it being a style or form it would bea weapon with royal guard abilities, and im with ya wallenb i never used royalguard cause i could never understand it, therefore i was garbage with it lol

Kammosjuttu

I, too, am one of those who never understood Royal Guard... not that I had the patience to try to figure it out after a couple of tries and dies. And for some reason I've not bothered with it even now... I think I should give it a try again. It would be nice to master, after all. And that said, if Royal Guard made an appearance in the DmC game in some form, I would like it.

Kammosjuttu

If they remade all the three first DMC games, I'd buy their PS3 versions and would play my fingers into lifeless crap. But if they don't, I don't mind, because I'm still very happy with my PS2 games.

Kammosjuttu

unfortunately i sold my ps2 because i thought all ps3s one day would be able to play ps2 games :( boy was i wrong

I feel you! I am also disappointed that only the very first patch, or whatever, of PS3s are able to run PS2 games. I have the version that can only play PS1 and PS3 games, but luckily I've not get rid of my old fat PS2; when it got cranky I just got it fixed by an electronic repairer (because the fat version is more durable than the slim) and it's worked once again since then. Short after this they had the PS2 slims on sale (more than half of the price was cut away) and in fears of the fatty blowing up one day I bought the slim, lol. Game industry is robbing my wallet, I tell you.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
lol i know that totally sucks, but hopefully the gaming industry will just keep making HD collections of all our favorite games :)

Kammosjuttu

Yep, hopefully they will. :D (Lol, it just is so that I seem to love to get my wallet attacked... even then when there is nothing what to take xD).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
haha, but back on topic another weapon i would like to see would be chainsaw type weapon: angel form would change the chainsaw's abilitie;s angel form = slicing and demon form = stabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom