• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons/moves/skills for DmC Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kammosjuttu

Some of the enemies possess chainsaw-typed weapons, so if Dante had one, too, then the one with the highest horsepower would be the winner, haha. xD

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Some of the enemies possess chainsaw-typed weapons, so if Dante had one, too, then the one with the highest horsepower would be the winner, haha. xD
haha i noticed that some of the enemies had some, maybe there could be a boss with a chainsaw and it could become on of dante's weapons when he defeats him

Kammosjuttu

haha i noticed that some of the enemies had some, maybe there could be a boss with a chainsaw and it could become on of dante's weapons when he defeats him

Hey, that's a good idea! I love it how Dante (the player) gets new weapons by defeating the bosses and taking theirs.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i know i like that aspect too :) and i meant i hope the boss turns into a chainsaw btw because that's how it worked in the previous dmcs :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yes, I meant that, too. Like with Cerberus and Nevan and so on. ;)
^ exactly, and those were two of my favorite weapons, there should be another weapon like nevan as in the way you had to figure out ways to use it. you couldn't just push buttons and attacks would happen it was a difficult weapon to use, but i like when games use variety like this :)

Kammosjuttu

Yeah, I, too, enjoyed using Nevan and Cerberus, Nevan being the more diffucult weapon to master but still, or maybe because of that, so much fun. Actually, I like DMC3's weapons so much, that I always have difficulties to choose what to use, lol. If DmC will have a collection similar to DMC3, I think I would be satisfied with it, but if it had the aspects of DMC3's weapons, plus other previous games', and lots of stuff added to the soup, I'd be in awe.

About guns, in the trailer we've seen Dante to use only the twin pistoles, and some of the moves resembled very much other guns' moves, so I wonder what kind of new bullet weapons we'll get, seeing it how the basic guns can deal damage like that. I hope there will be some innovative new firearms brought to the play.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, I, too, enjoyed using Nevan and Cerberus, Nevan being the more diffucult weapon to master but still, or maybe because of that, so much fun. Actually, I like DMC3's weapons so much, that I always have difficulties to choose what to use, lol. If DmC will have a collection similar to DMC3, I think I would be satisfied with it, but if it had the aspects of DMC3's weapons, plus other previous games', and lots of stuff added to the soup, I'd be in awe.

About guns, in the trailer we've seen Dante to use only the twin pistoles, and some of the moves resembled very much other guns' moves, so I wonder what kind of new bullet weapons we'll get, seeing it how the basic guns can deal damage like that. I hope there will be some innovative new firearms brought to the play.
definitely. and good question, what guns could be in DmC? im sure there will be some type of shotgun

Kammosjuttu

definitely. and good question, what guns could be in DmC? im sure there will be some type of shotgun

Yeah, I'm thinking it, too, that they will add a shotgun. And a revolver, or better yet, two revolvers used at once would be a nice choice also, I guess. How about a rifle? They seem a bit clumsy to be used in close ranged battles, so maybe there won't be one. Unless NT decides that the beginners can take an easy way out with the help of a rifle and blow enemies into dust from a great distance.

I read through couple of the lats post and noticed that majority of the fans are "expecting" new weapons to be in the manner of weapons from previous games.
I think that's unlikely to happen since this is a reboot, I believe that scythe and that metamorphosis sword will be the only weapons available throughout the game....I know this sounds bad but I can't think of any weapon that could fit the game perfectly.
Just imagine "new Dante" smoking while having Beowulf on hands and legs???...or even a claw like weapon or that "ball" thing on legs.....it's just that all seems silly.(my opinion)
In my opinion majority of the gameplay will depend on transforming that "sword thing" and using scythe.
Also there could be more firearms in the game like shotgun or AK-47 :eek:, just kidding but shot gun or even sub-machine gun could be fine.

Kammosjuttu

Oh my, I've been wanting to deny the possibility of no other weapons than the few we've seen already, but here it comes up. Hopefully it won't be that plain, but... you never know.
But about smoking, I think they might've dropped it altogether, since we've not seen the slightest sign of a cigarette since the very first announcement trailer.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
yeah i think they dropped the cigarette thing too, and also at some point ninja theory said there would be a numerous amount of weapons, so im sure there will be more than just the sword, the scythe, and the axe.

Kammosjuttu

Awww, I was looking forward to put out cigarettes on demonheads and flick another cigarette into some demon's eye... *sigh*

Well, cigarettes or not, I suppose Dante wouldn't be putting them out on demons, haha. Even if he did so in the TGS 2010 trailer, such a thing wouldn't probably happen in fights. Unless it was a taunt of sorts? That would indeed be more straightforward than a mere "neener neener" when wanting to anger the enemies, lol.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Awww, I was looking forward to put out cigarettes on demonheads and flick another cigarette into some demon's eye... *sigh*
hey u might still have your chance because im not sure about whether they dropped the cigarette deal or not, i just know in either an article or interview ninja theory said there would be a majority of weapons

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Tam has said it a couple times that dante would be able to select different weapons and then change into demonic/angelic forms as well. He's even said the weapon will be selected via D-pad

Kammosjuttu

Yeah. It just is that in this kind of situation people's thoughts swing around and they can't tell perfectly what's going to happen, so they start to doubt things, or at least, I can fall into the "I'm not sure anymore" -state. But I think Tameem's standing behind his words and we can have all the fun he promises.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ your paranoid. lol. they havent said anything to deny what they have said, so i take it as thats the direction NT and Capcom are going for. So far all we've seen is combat and thats their main focus, which has been said in every interview. So i would think they would have at least 2 new weapons, whether or not their actual close range or long range is a mystery but in past dmc games and from what they have said, especially capcom checkin in on them every couple of months i would think their would be some sort of selection with weapons.

but. i maybe wrong. but i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom