• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapons/moves/skills for DmC Dante

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kammosjuttu

Well, my two favorite weapons (sword and scythe) are already represented, so I don't know. I'd like to see a kusari-gama, if possible.

"Chain-scythe"... I think that would be nice since it could combine close and long ranged attacks. Besides, I really like the new scythe weapon. But since there indeed is a scythe in the play already, I doubt they will add a kusari-gama in the weapon arsenal. Though, of course we never know for sure till the game comes out.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Chain-scythe"... I think that would be nice since it could combine close and long ranged attacks. Besides, I really like the new scythe weapon. But since there indeed is a scythe in the play already, I doubt they will add a kusari-gama in the weapon arsenal. Though, of course we never know for sure till the game comes out.

If not a kusari-gama, then maybe a kama, or a naginata.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I enjoyed your weapon design Kammo. Perhaps have blades instead of balls though. Like, a shackle on each leg with a blade protruding out to the side of Dante. So he could perform that move you drew, which would essentially behead nearby enemies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think a crossbow would be pretty cool. But that's just my opinion, personally. It could also have a short blade on it or something at the front, if he needed to stab a demon who got too close. Kind of like Lady's Kalina-Ann.

And thanks man =)

Kammosjuttu

I think a crossbow would be pretty cool. But that's just my opinion, personally. It could also have a short blade on it or something at the front, if he needed to stab a demon who got too close. Kind of like Lady's Kalina-Ann.

And thanks man =)

A crossbow could be a good weapon for the angel form; I was thinking that a weapon shooting arrows would be so angel-like, but it could be done in a more destructive way than just a simple bow. So the more sturdy crossbow is a much better choice, especially with a blade attached to it for close range action, too.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A crossbow could be a good weapon for the angel form; I was thinking that a weapon shooting arrows would be so angel-like, but it could be done in a more destructive way than just a simple bow. So the more sturdy crossbow is a much better choice, especially with a blade attached to it for close range action, too.

For one of my OC's I came up with a weapon called the Elemental Crossbow. It basically fires all known elements at its enemies. No enemy can withstand a hit from it.

I also came up with the Wheel Of Misfortune. It's a chest-plate with a mystical circular piece encrusted into it. If it gets hit by fire for instance, it will magically transform the fire into water (The opposite element) and fire it back at the enemy who attacked.

Kammosjuttu

For one of my OC's I came up with a weapon called the Elemental Crossbow. It basically fires all known elements at its enemies. No enemy can withstand a hit from it.

I also came up with the Wheel Of Misfortune. It's a chest-plate with a mystical circular piece encrusted into it. If it gets hit by fire for instance, it will magically transform the fire into water (The opposite element) and fire it back at the enemy who attacked.

Whoa, those weapons/armor are really effective! If Dante had those his journey would be a cake-walk... but wait, do we want Dante to be so strong that we can defeat everything with pressing a single button? xD

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I would like to see tonfa's. that was my fave in NGS, but i would like a more exaggerated form. like the size of Blood Raynes (if her's were tonfas that is)

Kammosjuttu

I would like to see tonfa's. that was my fave in NGS, but i would like a more exaggerated form. like the size of Blood Raynes (if her's were tonfas that is)

After a quick googling about this "Blood Rayne", I can say that such stylished tonfas would most likely be a fun weapon to use; I liked to smash around with Agni and Rudra in DMC3, so these tonfas could maybe resemble that, since Dante would have one of them in each of his hands.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
i think blood raynes are actually tied around her wrist and fore arm, i would like them free, so Dante can spin them, and their supposed to be a fast paced weapon with limited range. Bayonetta actually had them too, except they were rocket launchers:eek: (bayonetta is such a badass)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
i think blood raynes are actually tied around her wrist and fore arm, i would like them free, so Dante can spin them, and their supposed to be a fast paced weapon with limited range. Bayonetta actually had them too, except they were rocket launchers:eek: (bayonetta is such a badass)

Speaking of Bayonetta, I'd like to see Dante use a whip-like weapon for more than just grabbing enemies a la Kulshedra.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I've noticed when ever Dante uses the "whip" he'll either kick em when they are pulled in, do a high times, or an elbow attack

Kammosjuttu

I thought a kama was a small, sickle-like weapon. One-handed.

Yes, while the word "kama" means literally a "sickle", it is also used of a scythe. And in a sense, a sickle is just a smaller scythe, and both of them are agricultural tools. But like you said, a sickle is used one-handed, while scythe requires two.

Kammosjuttu

Hmm? The pictures I saw of Blood Rayne had the tonfas not tied to the chick's hands. Maybe there are different versions of her weapons?

And yeah, Bayonetta is such a badass! But don't we all love her for that? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom