• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

Azurel

they addressed this on the stream this morning.
Rainstorm - A + X (xbox) X + SQUARE (ps3)
Rising Rainstorm - A + X, X + SQUARE (in the air)

But...if you're already in the air during a Rising Rainstorm, how do you do a Regular Rainstorm? Do you wait until you drop? I'm still not clear on how this works.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
am i the only one who thinks Eryx looks like Nero's Devil Bringer?

Nope more like a molded piece of clay on fire. Nero's Devil Bringer Arm looks much more cooler and creative.

I have to admit Osiris and Arbiter looks pretty cool and Rebellions looks well westernized but so did the old Rebellion....its not about the western look cause DMC and even Bayonetta has that western type design but with a Japanese flair.

Have anyone here seen or played a western developed game that felt Japanese like in terms of aesthetics/feel(like how Bayonetta, DMC, Vanquish, and Resident Evil looked and felt) but wasn't made by a Japanese/eastern company and if so which one?

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
But...if you're already in the air during a Rising Rainstorm, how do you do a Regular Rainstorm? Do you wait until you drop? I'm still not clear on how this works.
well,if you launch into the air with a rising rainstorm(A+X) Just wait till the animation ends while still in mid-air and hit(A+X) again then voila!!! RAINSTORM!!! If i get ur question correctly that is...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
well,if you launch into the air with a rising rainstorm(A+X) Just wait till the animation ends while still in mid-air and hit(A+X) again then voila!!! RAINSTORM!!! If i get ur question correctly that is...
From a combat/strategic perspective what use would a rising rainstorm do for us...before the purpose of Rainstorm was to hit any targets below us a good way to deal with being surrounded by enemies. What good would Rising Rainstorm do for us?

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
From a combat/strategic perspective what use would a rising rainstorm do for us...before the purpose of Rainstorm was to hit any targets below us a good way to deal with being surrounded by enemies. What good would Rising Rainstorm do for us?
1)well,imagine you've got 2 stingers(flying babies) hovering above you and 3 drones surrounding you...you could do a Rising-rainstorm to pump the stingers with bullet while you rise above them,then do a rainstorm to shoot both the stinger in air and the drones on the ground below you. Very effective, rather than the usual jump then rainstorm which would put you in a vulnerable position as you'd prolly jump right in the middle of the stingers who might attack you before you even get the opportunity to pull-off a rainstorm or any combo. But with the rising rainstorm your launch into air is accompained with bullet attacks that would hit the stingers and leave them staggered/stunned giving you time to pull-off a rainstorm or whatever move you want.
2)when you launch an enemy into air,rather than typically rising with them with a second or 2 of pause before the next attack in mid-air,you launch em,rise-rainstorm to meet them in mid-air and keep attacking(non-stop).

LeoXCV

Single life for life
They look like a watered down version of the massive gauntlets from protoype, which I hardly ever used. Hopefully these won't do the same, so far the looks are making it feel that way.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
They look like a watered down version of the massive gauntlets from protoype, which I hardly ever used. Hopefully these won't do the same, so far the looks are making it feel that way.
I hope their angel variation look much better because I think these angel and demon weapons come in pairs on a certain weapon based theme like Osiris is a scythe while Arbiter is an axe both weapons with blades at the far end of a long stick/handle and is perfect for slicing or ripping through targets with a good and safe range to the user. So there might be angel weapon that is similar to Eryx in terms of concept.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I hope their angel variation look much better because I think these angel and demon weapons come in pairs on a certain weapon based theme like Osiris is a scythe while Arbiter is an axe both weapons with blades at the far end of a long stick/handle and is perfect for slicing or ripping through targets with a good and safe range to the user. So there might be angel weapon that is similar to Eryx in terms of concept.

Would love to see an angel version that's a bit more in proportion to the arms than Eryx. Since angel variations seem to be better at air attacks it would be nice to see some more gauntlet moves in the air.

Devil Player

The raimstorm move is going to be tough to perform...

Will you have to press both buttons fast or one first and then the other?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
The raimstorm move is going to be tough to perform...

Will you have to press both buttons fast or one first and then the other?

Actually I was playing the Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown demo and to pull off a grab is to press X+A at the same time and same goes for Skull Girls so it might work like that...I mean I think DMC4 had some simultaneous button press moves like Showdown & Maximum Bet or Quick Drive(Y+B)...so yeah its actually easy to pull off.

Pressing buttons like X & A or Y & B is in fact better than X & Y or A & B due to thumb alignment.

Dante Deve Morire

Trapped in Limbo
I found the inspiration for the Eryx weapon

Erix or Erice (Eryx in ancient greek), was a character in Greek mythology. He was the son of Aphrodite and Bute, an Argonaut.

He was a king of a territory of Sicily (modern Erice). Sure of his amazing strength and reputation as a boxer, challenged everyone he met, and these more often than not were killed. He had the courage to confront Heracles, who passed for Sicily with the cattle of Geryon. At stake were put on one side of the herd greek hero, and the other demi-god of the kingdom of Sicily eliminated. The meeting ended tragically with the death of the Sicilian king was buried in the temple dedicated to Aphrodite's mother in Erice (Erice Venus), while his name was instead given to the Mount Erice (Erice).
Hercules dismayed by the death of the opponent left the kingdom to his people saying that one of his descendants would one day take possession (in Heracleidae).

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erix

Top Bottom