• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

berto

I Saw the Devil
Which ones the giant fists she summons or her melee fist attacks cause those giant fist attacks of her are nothing like Nero's Devil Bringer and Eryx.

There are only a hand full of games with giant phanthom limbs appearing, and even fewer in this genre, not exactly a strech.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
There are only a hand full of games with giant phanthom limbs appearing, and even fewer in this genre, not exactly a strech.

.......now I'm lost are you talking about how Nero's Devil Bringer brings out a phantom arm when he is in his unreleased Devil Trigger mode.

berto

I Saw the Devil
.......now I'm lost are you talking about how Nero's Devil Bringer brings out a phantom arm when he is in his unreleased Devil Trigger mode.
hot-fuzz-yarp.png
Fact is I've only ever seen a giant had appear next to the real one on DMC4, Bayonetta, and Folklore and Folklore isn't in the same genre so I'm reminded of said games whenever I see a giant fist appear out of no where. Like I said, not exactly a stretch.​

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
hot-fuzz-yarp.png
Fact is I've only ever seen a giant had appear next to the real one on DMC4, Bayonetta, and Folklore and Folklore isn't in the same genre so I'm reminded of said games whenever I see a giant fist appear out of no where. Like I said, not exactly a stretch.​

Where does Eryx come into this?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Where does Eryx come into this?

A phanthom fist appears when you charge it. It's what we were talking about in the first place.

Someone said 'Does this remeind any one else of Nero's hand' I responded 'Yeah, but it also reminds me of Bayonetta's giant limb summon' and then you asked me a series of questions that led us here.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
A phanthom fist appears when you charge it. It's what we were talking about in the first place.

Someone said 'Does this remeind any one else of Nero's hand' I responded 'Yeah, but it also reminds me of Bayonetta's giant limb summon' and then you asked me a series of questions that led us here.

Minus the last part.

When Dante charges up Eryx & releases it looks more like a lava streak rather a phantom fist.

Paexie

I hope their angel variation look much better because I think these angel and demon weapons come in pairs on a certain weapon based theme like Osiris is a scythe while Arbiter is an axe both weapons with blades at the far end of a long stick/handle and is perfect for slicing or ripping through targets with a good and safe range to the user. So there might be angel weapon that is similar to Eryx in terms of concept.

Could that mean... kicks for angel (greaves, cuisses and sabaton)? Sort of fits the whole faster yet lighter attack thing.

Noel

Could that mean... kicks for angel (greaves, cuisses and sabaton)? Sort of fits the whole faster yet lighter attack thing.

I thought the same thing too. Remember when angel lift to an enemy you uppercut(which is weird because the gauntlet is a demon weapon). Then when you demon pull, you kick. good chance the other angel weapon is some sort of footwear you can use too kick. And that blue wall... a kick might do the job...

Paexie

I thought the same thing too. Remember when angel lift to an enemy you uppercut(which is weird because the gauntlet is a demon weapon). Then when you demon pull, you kick. good chance the other angel weapon is some sort of footwear you can use too kick. And that blue wall... a kick might do the job...
I can see this Dante smashing heads with his knee and roundhouse kick the blue wall.
Ken-hurricane-ts.gif
B.gif

TATSUMAKI SENPOKYAKU It its. After all, the Eryx have shoryuken move.

Tiran

The great pretender.
DAT FIREWORKS ANIMATION IS F#CKING SLICK!!!!!! Those tufts of smoke are such a sweet touch, too.

Paexie

Like a mini rocket

and the fireworks looks so smooth that i think i can actually do something like that heheh
Yeah, looks like something a grenade launcher would do.
Also note that the gifs are wayyyy slower than the actual vid/demo. Conversion makes the quality take a huge downgrade.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Made a few gifs featuring fireworks and a charged shot all from the pre-order trailers.
If any of you would like some gifs of a specific moment just ask. I'll pop them up in an hour or two.
1eG7A.gif
ghrso.gif
IIpRE.gif
CJlk9.gif

So Fireworks in DmC blasts off 3 rounds.....how much did old games do cause I remember it used to do more and if so how will it affect the gameplay?

Another note but it seems Fireworks can reach farther than before or maybe that is just me?

chocolatepanda

So Fireworks in DmC blasts off 3 rounds.....how much did old games do cause I remember it used to do more and if so how will it affect the gameplay?
I think it was four times but im not sure. I just wonder how u do it, hope its the melee and shoot buttons together instead of jumping and shootin like rainstorm.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Made a few gifs featuring fireworks and a charged shot all from the pre-order trailers.
If any of you would like some gifs of a specific moment just ask. I'll pop them up in an hour or two.
1eG7A.gif

ghrso.gif
IIpRE.gif
CJlk9.gif

Here's what I've noticed for each;

1-That one shows the shotguns impressive targeting. In DMC2 it wasn't as perfect as I think you had to be close to the enemy. DMC3 it was, I think good along with DMC4. But DmC looks way more coolr in that aspect as it literally targets every enemy. (That or seeing this Dante spinning a shotgun around him like nunchucks is something odd for the way he was raised.)

2- Same as one

3- It looks like the shotgun has a charge affect where you can shoot off mini rockets. If I've heard right, DMC1 had a grenade launcher as well, so maybe this is a reference to that one.

4-same as one

crush

Damn, it's firing 360 degrees. Thanks for making the camera good Ninja theory.
One of the reasons why nobody used fireworks is because the camera never showed your sides.

Top Bottom