• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

Paexie

I think it was four times but im not sure. I just wonder how u do it, hope its the melee and shoot buttons together instead of jumping and shootin like rainstorm.
Isn't downwards rainstorm jump, melee + shoot? Upwards rainstrom is just melee + shoot. Maybe I misread.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Made a few gifs featuring fireworks and a charged shot all from the pre-order trailers.
If any of you would like some gifs of a specific moment just ask. I'll pop them up in an hour or two.
1eG7A.gif
ghrso.gif
IIpRE.gif
CJlk9.gif
Great Paexie, look what you made me go and write because of these.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8597487/1/DmC-Bullet
You should be ashamed! :lol:

Tiran

The great pretender.
So Fireworks in DmC blasts off 3 rounds.....how much did old games do cause I remember it used to do more and if so how will it affect the gameplay?

Another note but it seems Fireworks can reach farther than before or maybe that is just me?
It shoots four rounds. Count the smoke plumes in the first image.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think it was four times but im not sure. I just wonder how u do it, hope its the melee and shoot buttons together instead of jumping and shootin like rainstorm.
I replayed DMC4 and I noticed that it was 3 shots but the animations did seem a bit faster.

Also I hope its done like how Rainstorm is done because pressing X + A/square + x because due to how your thumb is on the controller pressing those 2 buttons together are the easiest button combination....I play Tekken trust me X+B/square+triange is a pain to do compared to X+A/square+x. It will be very frustrating to shift your thumb, nay your hand, so it be inline to for that type of button combination and for a fast paced action game like this it will be quite a pain to pull off but for a fighter its a different story. Due to how the controller is set up and how your thumbs and hands are on it the Y+B/triangle+circle & X+A/square+x button combinations are the easiest to pull off especially for games like DMC but A+B/x+circle is though not as good/comfortable as X+A or Y+B but its still slightly better than X+Y.

However, diagonal button combinations such as A+Y and B+X is a different story.

chocolatepanda

I replayed DMC4 and I noticed that it was 3 shots but the animations did seem a bit faster.

Also I hope its done like how Rainstorm is done because pressing X + A/square + x because due to how your thumb is on the controller pressing those 2 buttons together are the easiest button combination....I play Tekken trust me X+B/square+triange is a pain to do compared to X+A/square+x. It will be very frustrating to shift your thumb, nay your hand, so it be inline to for that type of button combination and for a fast paced action game like this it will be quite a pain to pull off but for a fighter its a different story. Due to how the controller is set up and how your thumbs and hands are on it the Y+B/triangle+circle & X+A/square+x button combinations are the easiest to pull off especially for games like DMC but A+B/x+circle is though not as good/comfortable as X+A or Y+B but its still slightly better than X+Y.

However, diagonal button combinations such as A+Y and B+X is a different story.

I just dont like the idea of using the jump button with fireworks since if my timing is of ill just jump. And the game doesnt seem fast enough that it would be that hard to press traingle+square since i just tried it and its pretty easy for me to press both buttons with my thumb. But it might not be a combination of buttons at all it could be forward>back shoot or some combination similar to how stinger is done.

Paexie

I just dont like the idea of using the jump button with fireworks since if my timing is of ill just jump. And the game doesnt seem fast enough that it would be that hard to press traingle+square since i just tried it and its pretty easy for me to press both buttons with my thumb. But it might not be a combination of buttons at all it could be forward>back shoot or some combination similar to how stinger is done.
Really? Pressing those two buttons (jump+shoot) and (combo+special) at the same time feels a lot easier than some (back, forward, combo) or (shoot+combo). If the game is fast enough to register (up,up, combo) it's fast enough for those other combinations.

I'm putting this link of the controls just so there isn't any confusion on the buttons I'm referring to.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

You mean double tap then Y......nah I think that should be for Gunstinger (if that is in this game).

chocolatepanda

Really? Pressing those two buttons (jump+shoot) and (combo+special) at the same time feels a lot easier than some (back, forward, combo) or (shoot+combo). If the game is fast enough to register (up,up, combo) it's fast enough for those other combinations.

I didnt say the game was to slow for the input i just meant that the speed of the game isnt so hectically fast that pressing the melee and shoot buttons at the same time would be difficult to do. Using two buttons to do a move doesnt bother me its just i just have a problem with the fireworks move being done possibly with the jump button as part of the combination since its a grounded attack, its makes sense for the rainstorms but not fireworks.

You mean double tap then Y......nah I think that should be for Gunstinger (if that is in this game).

I didnt mean actually using double tapping forward then shoot but more like forward and back since to me that still counts as a double tap sequence, i just mentioned the stinger move so people would understand how it would be done but with a different input sequence.

Paexie

I didnt say the game was to slow for the input i just meant that the speed of the game isnt so hectically fast that pressing the melee and shoot buttons at the same time would be difficult to do. Using two buttons to do a move doesnt bother me its just i just have a problem with the fireworks move being done possibly with the jump button as part of the combination since its a grounded attack, its makes sense for the rainstorms but not fireworks.

I didnt mean actually using double tapping forward then shoot but more like forward and back since to me that still counts as a double tap sequence, i just mentioned the stinger move so people would understand how it would be done but with a different input sequence.

Sad that the new livestream demo didn't have the upgrade, he really wanted to show the move off. He did show off how to cancel in for another shot, though!

I still don't understand what you mean by the speed, but I seriously have no problem if the move involves jump+shoot or forward>back, shoot to make it happen.

chocolatepanda

Sad that the new livestream demo didn't have the upgrade, he really wanted to show the move off. He did show off how to cancel in for another shot, though!

I still don't understand what you mean by the speed, but I seriously have no problem if the move involves jump+shoot or forward>back, shoot to make it happen.

I just watched the steam and was disappointed bout not have fireworks either since he had the shotty.

What i mean by speed is there's not a whole bunch happening in the game that you constantly have to be on you toes and one mistake would screw you over.

About the jump shoot thing what im trying to say is since the move doesnt do anything jump related it doesnt make sense to me why the jump button would be used for the move, i dont have a problem with the combination itself its just odd to me.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I just watched the steam and was disappointed bout not have fireworks either since he had the shotty.

What i mean by speed is there's not a whole bunch happening in the game that you constantly have to be on you toes and one mistake would screw you over.

About the jump shoot thing what im trying to say is since the move doesnt do anything jump related it doesnt make sense to me why the jump button would be used for the move, i dont have a problem with the combination itself its just odd to me.
Older DMCs were the same. The enemies attack and you attack back and any mistakes would hardly screw anyone over unless you're playing DMD difficulty. DMC games aren't roguelikes so I'm not sure why you're expecting such hardcore stuff.

Also pressing square+triangle or square+circle to pull off fireworks isn't really practical now is it?

crush

Finally after 4 series of being labeled as a useless skill.
Over ten years of humiliation, fireworks may come in handy in this DMC

chocolatepanda

Also pressing square+triangle or square+circle to pull off fireworks isn't really practical now is it?
you do know i gave multiple ways to do it and i said nothing about square+circle since thats just awkward. I can press square+triangle just with my thumb so to me its the same as A+X which has been confirmed as the button combo to use fireworks.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
you do know i gave multiple ways to do it and i said nothing about square+circle since thats just awkward. I can press square+triangle just with my thumb so to me its the same as A+X which has been confirmed as the button combo to use fireworks.
Yea I know but don't you believe that square+x/A+X is the most user friendly method? Seeing as to how there is no style skill button in DmC, multiple simultaneous button presses would be the easiest way to pull of gun moves rather than "move in a certain pattern"+Square/X and square+x/A+X happens to be the easiest to combination to press.

I understand that it may seem odd to you but what difference would it make if it was replaced with square+triange/X+Y? The possibility of you melee-ing and enemy instead off using fireworks is there, just like how you may accidentally jump instead of using fireworks if you failed to press the buttons properly.

chocolatepanda

Yea I know but don't you believe that square+x/A+X is the most user friendly method? Seeing as to how there is no style skill button in DmC, multiple simultaneous button presses would be the easiest way to pull of gun moves rather than "move in a certain pattern"+Square/X and square+x/A+X happens to be the easiest to combination to press.

I understand that it may seem odd to you but what difference would it make if it was replaced with square+triange/X+Y? The possibility of you melee-ing and enemy instead off using fireworks is there, just like how you may accidentally jump instead of using fireworks if you failed to press the buttons properly.​
It is user friendly but an accidental melee animation can probably be canceled into fireworks so its not as bad as jumping. Its just that at moments i feel the rare accidental jump will throw off my rythme a bit. I guess im not used to the idea of doing some accidentally in a dmc game since the only thing i can thing off that i did by accident in previous games was counter a Hell Vanguard in DMC3.

This has nothing to do with what we were talkin about but does anyone have a guess about with the down button on the d-pad will switch? Up seems to be used for guns, right is used for demon weapons and left for angel, it would be a wasted of a button if it wasn't used.

Top Bottom