• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So then, we finally have our punching weapon; Eryx.

Eryx
DmCeryx.jpg
So what do we know about Eryx?​
Well From what I know of that word, it's some name for a tank or something. It's also the name of a city if I'm not mistaken.​
The weapons themselves resemble the demon arm of hellboy
images
Also the arms seem to fuse with Dante's sleeves and form into large fist of fire. They seem to be magma-like material mixed with demon aura and possible demon skin too. The gantlets could come from the Poison boss battle after you beat her or it could come from other bosses ahead, either way these fist pack a heavy ass kicking punch.​
The combos are like they were in the past DMC but this time Dante's fighting style isn't as "Bruce Lee" as it was before. This time, Dante fights in a reminiscent boxing style, throwing jabs and uppercuts and also hay makers. The air combos seem to be combo finishers as in the air he can punch downward at enemies. This attack mixed with the grappling hook could be a very deadly finisher for enemies. For the landing attack, he can slam to the ground with his fist and destroy enemies around him with a powerful...stomp. (Yeah, they're calling it stomp even though he's using his hands:/) There's also another attack where he charges back, and does a straight jab at his enemies. This comes in handy when against walls that won't budge easily.​
Now then, let's talk about the new moves we got.​
images
Gunslinger moves

Now then, we've waited, and asked, and prayed that we'd see some gunslinger moves right? Well it seems our prayers were answered as we now do have three new moves of the DmC deck.​
The first is the classical "rainstorm." This move is now in DmC and I gotta say, it looks pretty damn awesome. The way he starts out by spreading his arms out and shooting away and closing his arms and focusing on one is just what we'd expect of an alternate Dante. It seems this one is longer though and could really come in handy when you jump from a high place. (plus look fun to do.)​
Next is the newly added move as we call it, "Rising rain storm." This move seems to be used when you want to break out of a large crowd or shoot up enemies around you. It's the first time a move like this has been shown and it's really bad ass looking too.​
Finally we have the "ricochet shot." This is a charge up gun shot that apparently ricochets off enemies and hitting each one too. It's familiar to the charge shots of DMC3 and DMC4 but with a better purpose.​
Now then, that's all I have to talk about.​
^_^​

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I don't remember anyone stating that eryx can be obatained after you defeat poison. Mind stating your source?

crush

I really like how the charge shot is built up.
It makes a fizzing effect like firework sparks. I love it, it really looks "charged" than a glow from previous ones.
I also want to have grade-ups of it as well. Like Nero's.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I seriously do not know why NT did not want to implement a lock on system. They could map a toggle-able lock-on to R3 and moving the right analogue left and right could allow players to switch between enemies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In all fairness NT didn't need to have 2 dodge buttons...one was fine enough.....screw what that guy said about those damn research ONE DODGE BUTTON IS ENOUGH!!!

I'm not complaining about not having a lock-on button but NT is wasting 1 extra good button for a feature that could be useful in some other way for another dodge button when in past DMC games they didn't even have 1 single button to dodge.

Razyel

Soul Reaver
In all fairness NT didn't need to have 2 dodge buttons...one was fine enough.....screw what that guy said about those damn research ONE DODGE BUTTON IS ENOUGH!!!

I'm not complaining about not having a lock-on button but NT is wasting 1 extra good button for a feature that could be useful in some other way for another dodge button when in past DMC games they didn't even have 1 single button to dodge.

You do realise that pressing R1 and R2 at the same time takes two fingers and then you can't press anything cause your thumb is holding the controller...

On the other hand in a big crowd, lock-on might switch the camera into an unfavorable angle...
And it's not that big deal anyways, Ninja Gaiden could manage without it, same with GOW, Lords of Shadow... even in other DMC's you can manage without it, lock-on is there to help you with bad camera, but if the camera is ok you don't really need it...

Top Bottom