• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon ans Style review; Eryx and new gun moves

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
I actually hope this Dante doesn't have boots to match Eryx.

Think about it, the boots of the past DMC games matched the gloves, so think of the same with Eryx. No offese but that's a bad idea to me.

Also I never liked Dante wearing the boots with the gloves cause the boots looked wierd to me. MAybe something DMC4 would be good, but again, Eryx boots?:/
1190993317.jpg

I think the mask of the Gilgamesh weapon was pointless. It only appeared on his face when Dante was about to do a charging attack with it.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
If Vergil is playable character then I have one burning question - If Dante fights in the Limbo, where will Vergil fight? Out in the real world? That maybe dangerous because he may end up killing innocent peoples. Any idea guys?

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
I think its self explainitory.

Dante probably learned how to fight with his sword and guns from self practice. You don't need to be a genius or have a lot of training to know how to shoot a gun. And judging by the way he fights with his sword, I think it's safe to say he taught himself how to use it.

Vergil's rich so maybe he was taught the ways of iaido from a master at it.

Maybe maybe not. At this point there is only speculation. I would imagine it would be hard to self learn a demonic shape shifting sword. Twin handguns with unlimited bullets, thats a diff story

On another note has anyone noticed that the new design for rebellion and Nero's Red Queen Sword look similar?

Kammosjuttu

If Vergil is playable character then I have one burning question - If Dante fights in the Limbo, where will Vergil fight? Out in the real world? That maybe dangerous because he may end up killing innocent peoples. Any idea guys?

Supposedly Vergil fights in Limbo, too, since when he and Dante were in the magical ring Vergil made, they were clearly in Limbo.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Maybe maybe not. At this point there is only speculation. I would imagine it would be hard to self learn a demonic shape shifting sword. Twin handguns with unlimited bullets, thats a diff story

On another note has anyone noticed that the new design for rebellion and Nero's Red Queen Sword look similar?

Only cause both have no guards.

Anyway, Dante's rebellion started off as just a regular sword in the beginning of DmC so it doesn't transform from the beginning.

Azurel

Only cause both have no guards.

Anyway, Dante's rebellion started off as just a regular sword in the beginning of DmC so it doesn't transform from the beginning.

It has a guard, just not a very big one. It doesn't have to be really noticeable to be considered a real hand-guard.

chocolatepanda

I assume he would be pulled into limbo same as Dante since's he's a threat to the demons. That light thing in the trailer might also be a portal into limbo since it looks similar to what Dante came out of in the new demo and t made by either Kat or Virgil maybe even both.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
If Eryx is demonic, the angelic incarnation has to be something like those Icarus sandals...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
A few of the statements in this thread seem to be based on the misconception that the weapons used in the different stances are forms of the same weapon. That is not the case and while it may have appeared to be the case in the past it was never directly stated to be that way and since it has been stated that the various angel and demon weapons will be found seperatly ( and Eryx has been directly shown without an angelic equivalent) the possibility of Angel and Demon weapons being the same has been disproven. It is also worth mentioning that there are no human melee weapons other than Rebellion (the hud shows Osiris and E&I but doesn't show Rebellion) so there are no human or angel equivalents to Eryx.

The gun moves shown in this trailer are not new all three of them were shown in the early combat trailers.

My personal opinion of Eryx is that they look ridiculous and the name annoys me but they are probably going to be my most used demon weapon (they seem really useful and don't look quite as slow as Arbiter)

AngelMode

All weapons are their own weapon, so there are no angel and demon forms of any of them. But I can bet you anything that there is going to be an equal amount of them on both sides. So you can make relationships between them... like... Arbiter is to Osiris as Eryx is to *blank* or something like that.

Btw, there is no "human weapon." The only weapon you will have in "Normal Mode" is Rebellion (and god knows what kind of weapon that is). It would be better to call this mode the Gun Mode because that's where you can use your guns XD

crush

A few of the statements in this thread seem to be based on the misconception that the weapons used in the different stances are forms of the same weapon. That is not the case and while it may have appeared to be the case in the past it was never directly stated to be that way and since it has been stated that the various angel and demon weapons will be found seperatly ( and Eryx has been directly shown without an angelic equivalent) the possibility of Angel and Demon weapons being the same has been disproven. It is also worth mentioning that there are no human melee weapons other than Rebellion (the hud shows Osiris and E&I but doesn't show Rebellion) so there are no human or angel equivalents to Eryx.

The gun moves shown in this trailer are not new all three of them were shown in the early combat trailers.

My personal opinion of Eryx is that they look ridiculous and the name annoys me but they are probably going to be my most used demon weapon (they seem really useful and don't look quite as slow as Arbiter)

Forgot about divinity statues? Yeah...possibly you never used them in 4.
I bet you can't hold all of your weapons and can stock them in the statues like in 3.
I mean, how complicated is it to toggle weapons with the d-pad? I think you can carry 3 at each stance weapon.
And you have about 5 Angel and Demon weapons each at total.

Well the good points of arbiter is that it multi-hits at the finishing combo and is possibly one of the most powerful attacks that is shown now.
So using a fast weapon and changing it to arbiter makes it strong and you will have less chances of being attacked mid-combo.

Agility

"Known"
I believe the more you upgrade a weapon, the better chance that physical improvements may occur.

Besides that, I wanna see the pain Dante had to endure to get those.

Kammosjuttu

Oh, god, those look silly.

The close-up seems rather good, there's more detail showing. It's the other pic that may seem a bit funny, but I guess it's because there's not so much details to be seen or something. Maybe they will improve the cutscene later on?

Edit: By the way, did you guys realize it, that when Dante wears those, it seems his fists don't reach the fists of the gauntlets; his hands end around the wrist of the gauntlets.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So thus far announced the Shot Gun is obviously in there so 2 Demon Weapons, Rebellion, 2 Gun based weapons, & 1 Angel Weapon....hmmmm 6 weapons thus far that is good but not good enough.....DMC4 Dante sorta had 7 weapons(if you included Yamato). I want to see another angel weapon and there should be 3-4 demon/angel/gun weapons and I felt that the down d-pad could be used for something else like another function or even switch Normal Mode Weapon(Rebellion) or something.

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
So thus far announced the Shot Gun is obviously in there so 2 Demon Weapons, Rebellion, 2 Gun based weapons, & 1 Angel Weapon....hmmmm 6 weapons thus far that is good but not good enough.....DMC4 Dante sorta had 7 weapons(if you included Yamato). I want to see another angel weapon and there should be 3-4 demon/angel/gun weapons and I felt that the down d-pad could be used for something else like another function or even switch Normal Mode Weapon(Rebellion) or something.

Keep in mind that Vergil will also be a playble character. So his katana (probably Yamato) makes it 7 weapons so far. But I have a feeling that Vergil won't have any new weapons, just like Nero in DMC4.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
A while ago, the control scheme for DmC was posted on Capcom-Unity.
I can't really find it now.

Anyone have any idea how to perform the two rainstorm moves?

Top Bottom