• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Nero fights much better when he is cool headed.

Nero can be cool headed? :D But seriously, yes, if you take a look at first Dante vs Nero fight, Dante managed to knock Red Queen out of Nero's hand simply because Nero went Attack!Attack!Attack! (and this also nicely ties into how gameplay-wise, constantly attacking does not work well when playing against Dante in DMC4).

AcidX_Y

Vergil's faster and more skilled with a sword than Nero. Nero attacks mostly with brute force and against someone with more speed and skill that means nothing. Vergil also has a lot more ranged attacks (blistering swords) which I'm not sure Nero can dodge. Then there's the doppelganger, which stops Nero from killing Vergil if he does get to that stage.

I'm going with new Vergil.

Caiden

Doppelganger didn't stop me from getting killed during Vergil's Downfall. Just sayin. Also Nero has a lot more feats so far.

The Final Offer

Nero would lose just as badly as Dante lost against Vergil in DMC 3.

Also, Nero couldn't keep track of DMC 4 Dante after reloading his cannon.

Nero lost to the Savior, actually got grabbed. If not for Dante, he would be lost for good.

The Nephilim is capable of dodging point blank attacks. Vergil's calculations in both universes are unrivaled.

The Nephilim also has the ability to swing Yamato, use a doppleganger, teleport, and use telekinesis to move large objects. On top of that, his doppleganger can act on it's own mimicking everything Vergil can do.

Nero is not ready for that type of business.

Put Nero up against DMC 3 Dante. Now that's a good fight.

Though I friggin' love Ichigo (I mean Nero), the Nephilim wins this one.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

While I never really cared about JYB until recently, I have to admit, that his best performance was in P4G (that's the official canon version according to Atlus).

So, the only reason I ever became interested in Bleach in the first place was due to its similarities to Persona 4 Golden (alternate dimensions, evil doppelgangers, high school life, etc).

Caiden

DMC4 Dante is god tier. Losing to him doesn't mean much. Pretty much everyone loses to him.

Nero lost to the Savior, actually got grabbed. If not for Dante, he would be lost for good.

Nero lost cause Santcus used Kyrie for cover. Nero returned to bring it down with little effort.

The Nephilim is capable of dodging point blank attacks. Vergil's calculations in both universes are unrivaled.

Nero can also dodge point blank. Table Hopper son.

The Nephilim also has the ability to swing Yamato, use a doppleganger, teleport, and use telekinesis to move large objects. On top of that, his doppleganger can act on it's own mimicking everything Vergil can do.

Nero can also swing Yamato, can project his DT so it is similar to doppleganger (Not on the same level though), Nero's arm can do a lot more than just move large objects.

Would be a cool fight

JYB is my favorite VA

Remember that Vergil has got speed and Nephilim abilities but his strength is no where near that of Nero's. Also Vergil has little to no defense. A max act strike or his arm abilities will go right threw Vergil's defense. And once more we have seen Nero accomplish a lot more

The Final Offer

DMC4 Dante is god tier. Losing to him doesn't mean much. Pretty much everyone loses to him.

Nero lost cause Santcus used Kyrie for cover. Nero returned to bring it down with little effort.

Nero can also dodge point blank. Table Hopper son.

Nero can also swing Yamato, can project his DT so it is similar to doppleganger (Not on the same level though), Nero's arm can do a lot more than just move large objects.

Would be a cool fight

JYB is my favorite VA

Remember that Vergil has got speed and Nephilim abilities but his strength is no where near that of Nero's. Also Vergil has little to no defense. A max act strike or his arm abilities will go right threw Vergil's defense. And once more we have seen Nero accomplish a lot more

So you're saying Nero can beat his suped up father?

Caiden

So you're saying Nero can beat his suped up father?

Are you asking if he has a chance? Yes, yes he does. Again Nero has shown a lot more than Vergil did. Also WAY more durability. Nero took multiple fatal injuries to the chest and survived. Vergil was stabbed once in the chest and nearly died.

No because it's new Vergil, that means Nero must automatically win by default.

That's not what I mean. If you want I can get more in depth about it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's not what I mean. If you want I can get more in depth about it.
Well I will admit Nero is strong, but I don't believe for a single second that he could beat DmC Vergil. new Vergil just has too much of speed, transportation, and speed compared to Nero and I feel as though he'd lose to new Vergil just as he'd lose to classic Vergil. Just because New Vergil isn't Classic Vergil doesn't mean that New Vergil couldn't beat Nero like Classic Vergil could.

Caiden

Well I will admit Nero is strong, but I don't believe for a single second that he could beat DmC Vergil. new Vergil just has too much of speed, transportation, and speed compared to Nero and I feel as though he'd lose to new Vergil just as he'd lose to classic Vergil. Just because New Vergil isn't Classic Vergil doesn't mean that New Vergil couldn't beat Nero like Classic Vergil could.

That statement works in vice versa. I am not going to make any claims. Honestly there are too many factors to combat to say A is stronger that B so A wins. But in terms of speed don't forget table hopper. Not only is it an incredibly fast movement but it also allows Nero to flank his enemy. Also remember Credo and Sanctus could transport just like Vergil and Nero still beat them.

Like I said earlier Vergil doesn't have near the same level of defense and endurance. I won't say anything is absolute but this fight is in no way one sided.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That statement works in vice versa. I am not going to make any claims. Honestly there are too many factors to combat to say A is stronger that B so A wins. But in terms of speed don't forget table hopper. Not only is it an incredibly fast movement but it also allows Nero to flank his enemy. Also remember Credo and Sanctus could transport just like Vergil and Nero still beat them.

But that't the thing; Credo and Sanctus AREN'T Vergil. And that table hopper movement is just a quick slide to the side. It's just trickster. Meanwhile new Vergil can vanish and re-appear into different locations in a madder of seconds. The only reason Nero won those fights is because they were bosses that the gamer had to fight. Of course they wouldn't do those tricks on you because that would make the boss battle annoying.

Caiden

But that't the thing; Credo and Sanctus AREN'T Vergil. And that table hopper movement is just a quick slide to the side. It's just trickster. Meanwhile new Vergil can vanish and re-appear into different locations in a madder of seconds. The only reason Nero won those fights is because they were bosses that the gamer had to fight. Of course they wouldn't do those tricks on you because that would make the boss battle annoying.

Are you saying that Sanctus would kill Nero if we weren't playing as him? Also Table hopper is different from trickster. At it's top level Nero can get behind his enemy once you make the full three movements. Credo flies all over the place on DMD. Once you get his health low he does not go easy on you at all.

The video speed is slightly increased but I think the vid still does pretty well of showing the speed Nero is capable of.

The Final Offer

What's table hopper going to do against two Vergils?

Against double everything Vergil?

Who in their right mind would think someone as inexperienced as Nero would be capable of taking on any Vergil?

Wanna know something even more fun? Nero has never used both swords at once. Also, that's Vergil's power he's using. Who's to say Nero's Yamato wouldn't respond to Vergil? That's two Yamatos in the same place. If Vergil is lusting for power the first thing he'd do is take it from Nero.

That's too many attacks, too many directions, too much speed, too much power, and too much accuracy for Nero.

Also for Nero fans...(like myself)

animbm8.gif

Caiden

What's table hopper going to do against two Vergils?

Against double everything Vergil?

Who in their right mind would think someone as inexperienced as Nero would be capable of taking on any Vergil?

Wanna know something even more fun? Nero has never used both swords at once. Also, that's Vergil's power he's using. Who's to say Nero's Yamato wouldn't respond to Vergil? That's two Yamatos in the same place. If Vergil is lusting for power the first thing he'd do is take it from Nero.

That's too many attacks, too many directions, too much speed, too much power, and too much accuracy for Nero.

Also for Nero fans...(like myself)

animbm8.gif

Never used both swords at once? Showdown dude. Watch the vid I posted. Nero is perfectly capable of handling targets that move at high speed. Also he really isn't that inexperienced. In fact he probably has the same level of experience as new Dante. He had to fight for himself as an orphan and was trained by Credo in swordsmen ship (The best swordsmen in Fortuna). He took on the orders special assignments as a lone wolf and fought plenty of demons even before getting his devil bringer. Compared to DMC4 Dante he is inexperienced but for someone his age he has encountered a lot.

We also don't know how Yamato would respond to him. Nero is the only person that ever had it fly into his hands before. With Nero's defenses and his DT he could probably handle Vergil's doppelganger

The Final Offer

Never used both swords at once? Showdown dude. Watch the vid I posted. Nero is perfectly capable of handling targets that move at high speed. Also he really isn't that inexperienced. In fact he probably has the same level of experience as new Dante. He had to fight for himself as an orphan and was trained by Credo in swordsmen ship (The best swordsmen in Fortuna). He took on the orders special assignments as a lone wolf and fought plenty of demons even before getting his devil bringer. Compared to DMC4 Dante he is inexperienced but for someone his age he has encountered a lot.

We also don't know how Yamato would respond to him. Nero is the only person that ever had it fly into his hands before. With Nero's defenses and his DT he could probably handle Vergil's doppelganger

Oh look at me. Throwing things out there I know nothing about. :D Sounds like trolling right Caiden?

Vergil cleansed an entire area of Limbo. He can make rifts. He's a Nephilim, we've talked about this before Caiden.

Really don't know what else to tell you.

Last edited:

CMAX

It depends.
Nero at his prime/Vergil at his prime
Nero at the beginning of DMC4/Vergil at the beginning of DmC
With both at their prime (End of DMC4 & Vergil's Downfall) I think that Nero has a good chance of winning since he has great control over his powers and Yamato.
But both at the beginning of their respective games I'd probably go with Vergil.

Top Bottom