• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

VERSUS NERO VERSUS NEW VERGIL

Nero vs. New Dante

• Nero

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • New Vergil

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • **** both of them, regular Vergil FTW

Votes: 19 61.3%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Has everyone forgot Dante was toying with him in dmc4 who is to say they would be even in swordsmanship if Dante too the fight serious and wanted to wipe out nero

That is true but the fact is he had Dante panting. Dante is better than Nero but that just makes Nero a bit more credible that he can last with Dante in his best whether he was giving his all or not.

Plus Dante in all of DMC4 was taking anyone seriously with the exception of the Savior. At least compared to the 3 demon conquerors and Agnus he worked up some of a sweat and was knocked around and even blitzed by Nero on a a few occasions.

Nero isn't weak he is far from it.

Plus DmC Vergil isn't as fast as DMC Vergil.

In DMC3 Dante was shown capable of running and catching his sword that was going down Temen-ni-Gru so fast that caught entry atmosphere heat meaning it was going at mach 5+ speeds. He was able to go toe in toe with Vergil in their second and third fight and if Vergil is the fastest of the 2 brothers Vergil in DMC3 was at least Hypersonic or Hypersonic+ making Dante in DMC3 Supersonic+ or Hypersonic.

Whereas in DmC Dante has yet to show much to any impressive speed feats outside escaping and dodging some stuff like a runaway ferris wheel but even then nothing over the top and ludicrous like in the old series. Yet he still beat Vergil. Either Vergil isn't that fast or speed doesn't mean everything.

Plus the mere snatch speed of Nero's buster is extremely fast that the only person who can actually dodge it is Dante.

Vergil does have a bringer spectral sword that can do the same thing as the Buster and Ophion whip but who says Nero can't shoot it down before it hits him like how Dante can shoot and destroy his other Phantom Swords when fighting him.

Determining a victor of a fight is more complex than just he is faster, he is stronger, or whatever.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero would lose to old dmc3 vergil buddy old Vergil was better but that doesn't make a difference to this fight as new Vergil isn't on par with the classic

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero could kick a lot of ass but the original sparda twins are a different league even sanctus said it while not in Dante's league you still presented a harder fight than I had anticipated but I reckon Nero could very well beat new Vergil and new Dante in a straight fight no DT no doppelganger as he has table hopper so he isn't slow he is a bullet timer and he has the db plus red queens exceed attacks

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Nero could kick a lot of ass but the original sparda twins are a different league even sanctus said it while not in Dante's league you still presented a harder fight than I had anticipated but I reckon Nero could very well beat new Vergil and new Dante in a straight fight no DT no doppelganger as he has table hopper so he isn't slow he is a bullet timer and he has the db plus red queens exceed attacks

That i can agree with lol only reason i have vergil dmc3 as my avi is i love that pic of him if i could get a pic of nero in that exact pose hed be ther one up lol:p so im happy when he doesnt get the **** end of the rsoter for stronges fighter im glad he atleast can hold his own now which is why i want him to come back if i dont see him again after they bring him back fine but please develop him more expand the back story after that the story can be dante's i wont complain i just want nero to get better

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
M
Yeah DMC4 Dante isn't Vergil. DMC4 Dante is far stronger and even faster than Vergil (in DMC3 which you said DmC Vergil is about as fast as). The fact that Dante in DMC3 was able to defeat Vergil at the end of DMC3 and 10+ years later Dante has not only defeated Mundus, something Vergil failed to do, and became stronger and faster meaning Nero was able to go toe to toe with someone who is far better than the Vergil we know at that point. So that really doesn't help your case.

I really wouldn't call Nero's swordsmanship "poor man" he actually got legit training and if he can go toe to toe with DMC4 Dante who is practically a Sword Master that says a lot about his swordsmanship.
Just because Dante is now stronger then Vergil was doesn't mean a thing in terms of speed. Dante has fast reflexes as evident in DMC3 with the billiard ball shooting and DMC4 with the lightning demon. Dante has never been as fast as his brother. He's become stronger but not faster.

And plus Dante was still messing with Nero regardless of how much of a fight Nero was putting up.

Last edited:
I think that if Dante was actually trying, Nero would have his ass wiped across the floor.
I PERSONALLY believe that New Vergil would win. If you have played Vergil's Downfall, you'll understand why. He is an intense powerhouse of skill and stamina. The bosses that Nero fought would be putty in new Vergil's hands. So I think I have to cal this to Vergil. PLease vote though so we can see everyone's opinions. I very well could be wrong.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante is faster in dmc4 than vergil was in dmc3 he doesn't just teleport he disappears completely to another spot evidenced by the time Nero reloaded he was gone and the savior clasping his hands together with Dante pinned to the palm holding rebellion and then seconds later being on top if his hands smiling and the way he sidesteps neros punches in dmc3 vergil was faster but by dmc4
Dante is much quicker than he was in 3 and faster than Vergil in movement speed Vergil was only faster than him with a sword anyway but looking at dante doing million stabs he caught up on that too

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And plus Dante was still messing with Nero regardless of how much of a fight Nero was putting up.

Yea Dante was obviously just messing around with Nero.

Just because he was panting a bit doesn't mean he put much effort into the fight.

Its like you messing around with your little nephew or something, some playful running around and wrestling, just because you get a bit winded afterwards doesn't mean that your little nephew had a chance at kicking your azz lol.

If Dante had decided to get serious that fight would have ended A LOT sooner and quite comfortably in Dante's favor in my opinion.

But regarding the thread, Its actually a tough one for me.

I'd give speed and technique to NewVergil over Nero for sure.

But raw power to Nero due to his Devil Bringer arm and DT.

Its tough, but I'd say NewVergil with HIGH difficulty.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
M
Just because Dante is now stronger then Vergil was doesn't mean a thing in terms of speed. Dante has fast reflexes as evident in DMC3 with the billiard ball shooting and DMC4 with the lightning demon. Dante has never been as fast as his brother. He's become stronger but not faster.

It kind of does for Dante in DMC4 has displayed speed feats far more impressive than what he had in DMC3 meaning he became faster and the fact that he could still beat Vergil in DMC3 is evident that the speed gap between them in DMC3 wasn't that far.

Plus when Dante unlocked his DT in DMC3 one of the first things he could now do is run much more faster meaning stats such as speed, stamina, durability, and strength isn't tied to a certain individual. They're both the sons of sparda therefor making them equal. Vergil in DMC3 wasn't just faster he was stronger, more durable, and overall better until the near end of DMC3 where they became equals. I mean if Vergil so much faster he wouldn't be getting slashed up and Dante wouldn't be able to keep up so easily in their second fight and win in their third fight meaning Dante in DMC3 was either just as fast or almost as fast.

So Dante can become faster if he wanted to and he did. Plus reflexives is just another form of speed. Perhaps in a race from start to finish Vergil would finish but in a pure combat sense Dante in DMC4 has lightning quick reflexives as well as lightning quick movement that he can literally disappear and reappear out of nowhere and blitz opponents like their snails.

Even though Dante was holding back his feats are as still followed. Dante by OBD terms wasn't "Bloodlusted". Bloodlusted means when a fight is set where both contestants or fighters are out to kill the other and taking the fight seriously. By OBD rules Bloodlusted doesn't affect their aforemonted feats. Dante was out to stop and subdue Nero and hold back fearing he could kill him we don't know if he was fighting much slower than usual. Plus he was panting meaning Nero managed to give him a work up and that was when Nero attacking at pure rage where Nero fights much better when he is cool headed.

Regardless Nero is no slowpoke considering he easily defeated Credo who made sonic booms when he attacked and moved and could beat Blitz meaning he is pretty fast himself not as fast as the Sparda Bros or can handle speedy opponents.

Now the real argument is if DmC Vergil is as fast the old Vergil. I say no because lets put it like this. Both we're defeated by their brothers but Dante in DMC3 actually got better and faster when he unlocked his Devil Trigger (shown running at such speeds down Temen-ni-Gru's tower) meaning Dante in DMC3 had to prove such amazing speed feats in cutscenes and he even gained the ability to WILLINGLY stop time for a few seconds so whatever speed Vergil is moving at he can stop him in his tracks so Dante had feats that rivaled Vergil's hyped up speed. Whereas DmC Dante just beat Vergil without showing much of a speed improvement or showed how fast he could be. Although during his gameplay in Downfall he showed he could be speedy in battle, he does have greater attacking speed, but movement speed is on par with that of DmC Dante's well a bit faster and even the gameplay of DMC3/4 seems to be at the same speed as the gameplay of both Dante and Vergil in DmC but we all know DMC4 Dante is far more faster (or the fact you're slow as molasses in DMC2....well an exaggeration but story wise DMC2 Dante is the fastest as he displayed amazing speed feats via cutscenes that aren't possible in gameplay) so you can't fully use gameplay to assess one's full stats because gameplay is dependent on the player or limited design aspects and in the case of a OBD match that factor isn't included and gameplay normally contradicts narrative if you look closely into it (like Cloud could've used phoenix downs to save Aerith or Dante or Nero could escape all their problems with a good Holy Water or Gold Orb). There is no hints or clues that DmC Dante or Vergil could access Hypersonic (which is mach 10+) speeds for there was no display of it in cutscenes and short term gameplay to make such an assumption. I mean I haven't see Dante run so fast that he broke the sound barrier or Vergil pull off a series of Judgement Cuts all over the place while moving at blinding speed.

OBD fights are specified and debated based mostly on feats displayed in cutscenes, narrative implications, and a general gameplay (meaning what types of attacks and moves they can pull off that aren't shown during cinematics and to DMC's credit they usually display the effects of Dante and another other character's new weapon, upgrade, and even abilities in cinematics to display them and how would look and work in a cinematic like Dante doing Twosome Time and Rainstorm when he awakened his DT or stopping time with Quicksilver in DMC3 although to DmC's credit gameplay is easily tied to cinematics). As well as the fact there are times when cinematics display greater feats that the player can't do.

Its pretty ironic that with DMC the characters seem more OP in cinematics than in gameplay while in DmC the characters seem more OP in gameplay than cinematics.

Kaim Argonar

Voting Nero on this one. Speed isn't a problem since he has tagged old Dante numerous times. Durability, DC and Strength are the real killers here. For that I give Nero the win with mid difficulty. Personally I think it's Dante= or >Mundus>>>> Nelo>Lucia>Vergil>Nero>reDante>reVergil>>>>>>>>>>>The pathetic non boss demons. A fight I'd like to see is the Savior and Abigail.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I guess I'll have to reiterate this stuff again.

Victory in OBD isn't determined by titles, ranks, and heritage/genetics and factors determined by the rules of said fictional universes rules but feats characters have displayed for one a God in one universe can be equal to fodder in another universe. Like Krillin from DBZ or Nero or well the Dmc/DMC brothers can easily pwn Father/God from FMA.

Another things DmC Dante & Vergil =/= DMC3 Dante and Vergil. Whether it be in exact character and power scaling the 2 are 2 separate characters.

DmC Dante may be based off of DMC3 Dante the most and is more like him as he too is like DMC3 Dante where they're at the weakest or their origins of power it doesn't mean their weakness or origins of power is the same. Because different universes present different rules and ranks and power scaling.

OBD is a discussion of feats and powerscaling not "Oh he is the same as this guy when he was this guy's age so they must be the same or equals."

IncarnatedDemon

To be honest Dante wasn't being serious. Even when he sweating it was more of a fotball game for him than a sparring.
That's not to say Nero is weak.
I'm vouching for Nero against that reboot.

He seemed very confident and much stronger at end of DMC4. Sanctus wasn't exactly a weakling. People make to big deal of Nephilim thing. "Only ones to kill a demon king".
Yeah in DmC demon kings are killed, in DMC they don't exactly die. That's says more of how weak DmC demon kings are than how powerful the slayer is.

It's not about what you are, but your strength and resolve.
Just throw Kyrie in front of reboot guy and he's toast.

KYYYYYRIE!!!

Caiden

You need to remember that DMC4 Dante is basically god tier. He has brought his DT to it's fullest form and has surpassed his father. He is WAY stronger than Dante during DMC3 and so to compare anyone to him and call them weak doesn't mean much. There are A LOT of characters in the DMC universe that would look weak compared to him.

That being said I don't really see how DmC Vergil can win. Nero has WAY more impressive feats than him. I can't think of any Vergil feats that would compare.

Top Bottom