• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I still dont think Vergil is anti hero though. Also, he is portrayed AS a villain in game.

But how is it Dante's fault for not having a convo with Vergil?

Zato-OW

King
Vergil did tell Dante somewhat of that. BUT HE KNEW that combining both amulets it will open the the portal and as long as they were together it would stay open. So with this being said and the Sparda Sword(his true goal) needing both amulets to be whole at all times to keep the power intact. Both worlds would merge as one and human life would not exist. He told Dante he planned to rule over both worlds meaning he was planning to merge them both. As Arkham explained to him that both world where once one.

Sparda™

Still that doesn't classify him as a villain. More like an anti-hero, going through his own means of good.

Esura

Dante Aseroth;128967 said:
Still that doesn't classify him as a villain. More like an anti-hero, going through his own means of good.

If what Zato said doesnt make him a villain, then you got a ****ed up view on the definition of a villain.

Zato-OW

King
Man if killing off an entire race that Sparda dedicated his life to and the same race of his mother doesn't make him evil then idk what evil means anymore. Vergil was a very selfish person and was only interested in demons and the demonic world for some weird reason. I mean this is the same guy who felt that humans were nothing to him even knowing the sh*t his father went through trying to protect them.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
he could be doing this for a good reason which would make him an anti hero. however he could be doing it purely for his own selfish need whih in turn make him a villian. regardless the fact of the matter is we don't know what vergils ultimate goal is. and like i mentioned in a previous thread: (this is just an example)

The Da3dra;126186 said:
OMG PEOPLES XD !!! it doesnt matter what we "think" because at any moment capcom can decide that sparda was never really a demon but rather a beaver and demons just happen to be afraid of them, and beaver sparda did in fact rape eva!!! And everything we thought we knew was wrong!!!....its completely up to capcom what direction the game is going to take,....

Sparda™

Esura;128968 said:
If what Zato said doesnt make him a villain, then you got a ****ed up view on the definition of a villain.

Whatever...o_O

@Zato: He was in some kind of contradiction with himself. He loved his mother, although he knew she was human. In the same time, he hated humans. I believe that makes him an anti-hero.

Also further, in DMC1, we see that memories still torment him. I mean, If he did disappear in the end of the battle with Dante, he left the amulet ON purpose for his brother to fight Mundus.

Zato-OW

King
Everything that Vergil said should judge his character. He told Dante he was staying in the Devils world because it was his fathers home. Meaning he was proud to be a Devil but at the same time he hated having human blood coursing through him. To me his mother was the only thing human that he cared for and with that gone he turned his back on them. He had no problems with staying in the Devil world and leaving humanity behind.

The same world that sought to destroy the human world. He followed the guides of Devils. So if you would read my previous post then this one and put them together he turned evil after his mother died. There is good and evil and hes on the side with the Demons. Vergil only admired his father for his strength and not his good doings, because if he did he wouldn't be ignoring what would happen to human if he fused both worlds. Dante even told Vergil "No matter how hard you try, you will never be like Sparda" and Vergil knew that there was some truth to that statement, this is why he got angry. Vergil is a evil guy, actually hes almost exactly like Inuyasha's brother but in time he became good through the care from a human.

Btw of course he is gonna help Dante evil or not. Its not a surprise that he left the amulet for Dante to kill Mundus. Vergil may be evil but he isn't cold hearted(well he is cold at heart but isnt solid frozen.).

Esura

Vergil and Sesshomaru.....they are alike in many ways.
But I agree with mah dawg Zato!

The Da3dra

Master Of War
YOU THINK HES EVIL I GET IT!!! Once again I'd like to point out that no matter how many post you make, or DA makes, or I make stating what we think is the "right answer", it is capcom, not us, that gets to make the final decision. So our theories are just as valid as yours, and no matter what you say, I will still believe that everything he is doing and has done, he did for a good reason.

deadlystrike

dio del sesso
i agree with Da3dra, i reckon what vergil has done in DMC1/3 was for a reason, maybe, there is a very darkside to sparda, and maybe vergil inherited his thirst for power, because we dont really know anything about sparda's younger life, before he feel in love with eva, he could have ruled the underworld, he could have been the strongest/darkest demon alive. but all we know, vergil can return to help dante

can you imagine this
dante is being out numbered by shadows/hells vanguards ( or whatever ), and then a sword is driven through one, there vergil lands, and says "hello... brother"

how cool would that be for an opening???

Zato-OW

King
Ok I was gonna say the same thing. Its fact over fiction. Vergil even told Arkham why he entrusted him as a partner by him killing his own wife to become a demon, he also wanted Arkham to kill Lady his own daughter and when he didn't he turned on Arkham(which he was gonna do anyway,but he still ordered for her to be killed.). Now if that isn't a evil person I don't know what is. Also Capcom has stated Vergil as the evil cold hearted twin brother of Dante more then once.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
All I will say on this matter is that Vergil was a villain in dmc 3... Yet, in dmc 1 near towards the end I am unsure what he is... He seems less villain like in 1, coz he is being controlled... It doesn't even look like he wants to fight Dante... Well to me it doesn't, so don't start bashing that ;)

Zato-OW

King
I believe at the end of DMC3 he was starting to turn around form being evil. But in DMC1 he really had no choice because yeah... Karma just caught up to him too fast.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Yeah, I agree with you man :)

And how can he not be classed as a villain? As much as I love Vergil, he is a villain... No denying fact...

Esura

Maybe by 5, when Vergil appears (I hope not but the odds are against me) he may try to atone for his sins by helping Nero or letting Nero keep Yamato.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ :lol: Looks like you beat me too it ;)

Okay, no way man. Vergil is evil, but Yamato is rightfully his... And he'll want it back *fact*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom