• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil vs Sephiroth (Death Battle)

Who will win?

• Total voters

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So at the end of ScrewAttack's "Batman Beyond vs Spider-Man 2099", they announced that the season finale will be "Vergil vs Sephiroth" - two white haired swordsmen who are part human, part other and both have a trucktonne of parental issues.

Two men enter, one man leave. Take your bets people!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Like I said before, it's a foregone conclusion.

We all saw what happened with Dante right? Vergil's going to go in there with his signature infinite judgement cut during the finale and that'll be the end of it.

I can already taste the salt on the losing side...

They didn't do proper research REEEEEEEE.

Anyway, here's Cartoon Fight Club's take on the matter.

----

And here's another guy talking about it... for 45 minutes.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I...
I don't like these things. Personally I'd put my money on Vergil but that's the fanboy in me, honestly, I think he'd lose, though. Sephiroth is so overpowered it's just a matter of level. Vergil isn't exactly a pushover but Sephiroth is a planet killer.

Veloran

If Sephiroth can't even stop an Omnislash I have no idea how he'd so much as begin to fight Vergil.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil isn't exactly a pushover but Sephiroth is a planet killer.

He's practically a memory that keeps coming back stronger then last time.

If Sephiroth can't even stop an Omnislash

I wish I could comprehend all this Final Fantasy mumbo jambo talk. XD

I don't know Final Fantasy at all so I'll just have to decide who to root for based on looks and which character I'm more familiar with. So I guess I'll go for the less feminine looking guy of the two. LOL

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
It weird in someways that Vergil is currently in the lead while understandable considering this a DMC forum and thus many are probably just going to vote for who they like more rather than who will actually win, as someone who is a huge fan of both the Final Fantasy VII series and DMC I have knowledge on both characters and to put it bluntly Vergil stands no chance here and Sephiroth would easily pwn him if he is serious from the start, fight could last longer if Sephiroth feels the need to toy around a bit.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I think for me it depends on which version of Sephiroth they use.

Anything after Crisis Core and I reckon Spehiroth could take Vergil without too much trouble. Though I wonder whether they'll allow Sephiroth any of his transformations since that technically counts as getting outside help from Jenova.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Which version of Vergil will they use? :whistle:

I'm guessing the DMC3/4SE version and possibly Nelo Angelo, maybe.

Cause I mean, if you think that Vergil won't win, that goes legitimately double for a younger and more inexperienced version of him, and quadruple for DmC Vergil.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
and quadruple for DmC Vergil.
I highly doubt they will take DmC Vergil into account. The used footage from both DMC3 and 4SE plus MvsC3 artwork of Vergil which makes me certain it's just going to be him. Plus, they didn't even mention DmC Dante during the "Dante vs Bayonetta" battle.

I'm not so sure about Nelo Angelo. Similar to Sephiroth's later forms, it kinda falls under outside interference from Mundus in order for Vergil to achieve that form.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hopefully, they'll do one of these vids for the upcoming battle.

I don't think they do this for every fight.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So we have the basic backstory for Sephiroth for those interested.

Vergil's will be next week.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man I don't know if Vergil can handle Ol' One Winged. I would love for Vergil to win but I don't know at this junction. Maybe Judgement Cut can best Sep's summoning meteor attack.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Vergil's backstory is up. The actual battle takes place next week apparently.

Huh, they actually referenced DmC when talking about Yamato. Colour me surprised.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Rooting for Vergil, but wont be too shocked if Sephiroth wins. Whoever wins or loses, I'm just hyped to see a really epic sword fight

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's sorta more a general talk about Death Battle then just "Vergil vs Sephiroth", but for those interested...

The discussion on the upcoming battle starts at about 17:25.

Last edited:
Top Bottom