• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil vs Sephiroth (Death Battle)

Who will win?

• Total voters

Veloran

When's the battle coming?
Out now for RT users.

Sephiroth wins. They justified it by saying Yamato's directly stated and seen abilities are just wrong. They also didn't give him Force Edge, ignored Beowulf's power, and downplayed Vergil's speed, strength, and teleporting.

Overall the fight wasn't half as impressive as just playing Vergil in 4SE.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Even with as powerful as sephiroth is , i don't believe he can stand up to yamato.

The sword is too powerful , i mean it cuts through dimensions

And with how vergil wields and uses it , i have got to give him the victory.

Especially if you add in his

Speed
Healing factor/regeneration
And Devil trigger

Just picture the onslaught of judgement cuts dt vergil does in the final fight in DMC3

Sephiroth wouldn't survive that

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I haven't seen any DB since Dante vs Bayonetta but I thought the animation quality itself was probably the best one I've seen out of them. Too bad the choreography was "just" ok.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I knew Sephiroth was gonna win. It was an obvious choice. Vergil is half demon and half human who accepted only his demon side, which held him back from becoming as strong as his brother, who excepts both sides. But that's not all; Sephiroth is practically a god who has no barrings to the logic of reality. He just exist due to the lifestream continuously bringing him back. He's just way too op when taking a fight seriously.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Still doesn't make Vergil's defeat any less frustrating. I mean they didn't even take into account Force Edge or even the Nelo Angelo form. (Should they have? Maybe not Nelo Angelo per say but Force Edge because Vergil has always used that weapon in all of his playable appearances)

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Just to be clear, Nelo Angelo is a form that Vergil cannot reach on his own and thus is banned due to the "No Outside Help" clause.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Just to be clear, Nelo Angelo is a form that Vergil cannot reach on his own and thus is banned due to the "No Outside Help" clause.
Does Force Edge and Beowolf count as outside help too since they're demon-infused weapons?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

They could've played it off as "Vergil making the Corrupted Form his own." Thus allowing him to use the stronger, strangely taller form. But you're right.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Hope Vergil gets a second chance against him once DMC5 ever comes to play. He needs an upgrade.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Does Force Edge and Beowolf count as outside help too since they're demon-infused weapons?
*Shrug*
I don't make the rules. Even if they're demonically infused, they're still just weapons at the end of the day. The rule is mainly there to keep it in the spirit of a "1 vs 1" battle.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil is in need of a new weapon. Dante has a warehouse full of weapons and Vergil doesn't even have Yamato anymore.
Man this death battle bothers me more than the Superman VS Son Goku one and I love Dragon Ball...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Lain Well much like Dragon Ball I like the DMC franchise (clearly) and seeing the usually "cool" portaryed Vergil lose distorts my personal vision of him. That is why it bothers me. With Son Goku well... Nobody beats my "baby's daddy!"
Yes you read that right... Now forget you did!!!!!

@DragonMaster2010 Then Death Battle dropped the ball! I want a rematch with Force Edge and Nelo Angelo thrown in now. Right now I say! :D

Top Bottom