• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Vergil, Trish, and Lady Gameplay Analysis and Discussion

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
any one else thought the graphics were effing amazing

The hair texture for Nero was pretty faulty, the gameplay itself looked sluggish for Nero's gameplay mostly, and Vergil's yamato animation for high time looked stiff as hell.
But other then that, graphics are a 7/10 from me. Could've been better.

GF9000000Returns

Sooo, this Vergil did take some notes from the other one(air combos, pause combos, some angel combos), but much faster. I like that!

Still won't be gettin' the game, though.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Sooo, this Vergil did take some notes from the other one(air combos, pause combos, some angel combos), but much faster. I like that!

Still won't be gettin' the game, though.

They said from the beginning they would implement stuff from DmC.
Still not feeling DmC's Aerial Rave though. Feels weak compared to DMC3.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The hair texture for Nero was pretty faulty, the gameplay itself looked sluggish for Nero's gameplay mostly, and Vergil's yamato animation for high time looked stiff as hell.
Video and stream were both compressed as hell so no I didn't.
lol i must be very easy to please. Video game companies would have a lovely time if all gamers were like me :laugh:

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
giphy.gif

June can't get here soon enough.

Dominus

I think most of the animations looked good, but I'd agree that upper slash looked kind of weird. I'm used to the DMC3 one where Vergil looks like he's going with the momentum of the move more..

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think most of the animations looked good, but I'd agree that upper slash looked kind of weird. I'm used to the DMC3 one where Vergil looks like he's going with the momentum of the move more..

That's inherited from DmC's animations, which almost all lack DMC3 Vergil's momentum. You can tell even Rapid Slash now suffers from that a bit.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That's inherited from DmC's animations, which almost all lack DMC3 Vergil's momentum. You can tell even Rapid Slash now suffers from that a bit.

DmC's upperslash was not that stiff. Compared to this one where he just swings up and he freezes as he does it, as oppose to DmC Vergil where he actually stretches his torso. This one just swing's up while still in normal yamato drawing position and the blade doesn't really swing wide enough for the enemy to even be able to go directly into the air. The way he swings in that video looked as though he meant to swing the demon away from himself then in the air.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DmC's upperslash was not that stiff. Compared to this one where he just swings up and he freezes as he does it, as oppose to DmC Vergil where he actually stretches his torso. This one just swing's up while still in normal yamato drawing position and the blade doesn't really swing wide enough for the enemy to even be able to go directly into the air. The way he swings in that video looked as though he meant to swing the demon away from himself then in the air.

Not saying DmC's animations are bad man. Just saying that the attacks don't feel as powerful as DMC3.

Aerial Rave in DMC3 felt powerful as as if you were actually cutting the enemy (also Vergil sheathes and draws his sword for every hit, to further underline his main feat: speed), instead of DmC's wacking feeling.

Rapid Slash in DMC3 was preceded by a brief "prep" animation where Vergil grabs the handle of Yamato, thus giving the move a feeling of an actual charging move.
In DmC he feels so weaker in comparison and he does that half "spin" at the end that makes you feel he is not in control of his movement.
Here, it seems it's a middle ground between DMC3 and DmC, which is meh for me.

Agreed on Upper Slash though.

The other moves seem to retain the old feel of power to me, so nothing to complain about.
Except for Judgement Cut. DMC3 version ftw.

Last edited:

Khundy

Berserker
Not saying DmC's animations are bad man. Just saying that the attacks don't feel as powerful as DMC3.

Aerial Rave in DMC3 felt powerful as as if you were actually cutting the enemy (also Vergil sheathes and draws his sword for every hit, to further underline his main feat: speed), instead of DmC's wacking feeling.

Rapid Slash in DMC3 was preceded by a brief "prep" animation where Vergil grabs the handle of Yamato, thus giving the move a feeling of an actual charging move.
In DmC he feels so weaker in comparison and he does that half "spin" at the end that makes you feel he is not in control of his movement.
Here, it seems it's a middle ground between DMC3 and DmC, which is meh for me.

Agreed on Upper Slash though.

The other moves seem to retain the old feel of power to me, so nothing to complain about.
Except for Judgement Cut. DMC3 version ftw.
DMC 4 attacks- Dante's hit feel weaker to me too compared to 3. Helm breaker just isn't the same.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That would be badass , cool how he fights so much better on gmd and devil triggers , Imagine him using yamato too

Top Bottom