• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unknown is the fate of DmC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
if you call 3 + mil minuscule, you certainly just deny numbers.

Again, that's pretty minuscule compared to many other fandoms who are past the 3+mil mark. And again, those are fans of DMC. What about the people who like both versions + fans who only liked DmC + potential new fans to DmC + fans of NT (including Heavenly Sword) in general?
NT has only lost credibility with the DMC fans, while slowly gaining more with their own idea.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Again, that's pretty minuscule compared to many other fandoms who are past the 3+mil mark. And again, those are fans of DMC. What about the people who like both versions + fans who only liked DmC + potential new fans to DmC + fans of NT (including Heavenly Sword) in general?
NT has only lost credibility with the DMC fans, while slowly gaining more with their own idea.
and how about those who hated them for HS or enslaved? And that considering that H&S community is still isn't that big. Guess Hellblade sales will show wether they shoot themselves in the leg or not

DragonMaster2010

and how about those who hated them for HS or enslaved? And that considering that H&S community is still isn't that big. Guess Hellblade sales will show wether they shoot themselves in the leg or not

I doubt that'll be the case. And true there are those who didn't like HS or Enslaved but again, it's not like most of the DMC fandom dictates that NT as being hated by the rest of the gaming world. The DMC fandom is not the whole gaming community.
Show me proof that there are articles that dictate their discontent for NT, and they must be actual articles and not just from a writer with a hard on for the classic series just looking to hate.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I doubt that'll be the case. And true there are those who didn't like HS or Enslaved but again, it's not like most of the DMC fandom dictates that NT as being hated by the rest of the gaming world. The DMC fandom is not the whole gaming community.
Show me proof that there are articles that dictate their discontent for NT, and they must be actual articles and not just from a writer with a hard on for the classic series just looking to hate.
I'm not talking about articles or press, Im talking about potential buyers. Press don't pay for their games.

DragonMaster2010

I'm not talking about articles or press, Im talking about potential buyers. Press don't pay for their games.
Oh. Well then that's different. Considering we haven't seen the extent of the game once finished, the sales could go either way. However I still think it's a stab in the dark to say NT has lost credibility when barely anyone knew what the company was back then.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh. Well then that's different. Considering we haven't seen the extent of the game once finished, the sales could go either way. However I still think it's a stab in the dark to say NT has lost credibility when barely anyone knew what the company was back then.
dont exaggerate, I never said they lost credibility, its just they lost group of potential buyers.

DragonMaster2010

dont exaggerate, I never said they lost credibility, its just they lost group of potential buyers.
What group though? Do you mean the DMC group? In which case they didn't have most of them from the beginning so the loss wasn't much if they never had most to begin with.

DragonMaster2010

Well considering how small NT fanbase was before DmC, it does

But do they count as potential buyers lost since they're fans of NT anyway? No matter how you slice it, the only potential buyers they would literally lose are fans of DMC who didn't like the reboot, who weren't supporting it anyway so there wasn't a loss as much as not a lot of support.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
But do they count as potential buyers lost since they're fans of NT anyway? No matter how you slice it, the only potential buyers they would literally lose are fans of DMC who didn't like the reboot, who weren't supporting it anyway so there wasn't a loss as much as not a lot of support.

question, what of the fans that where looking to get into the series and wanted to start with DmC and thus asked a fan of the original his/her opinion before buying DmC?

Like for instance I have a friend who recently decided to get into the series and he knew I was a longtime DMC fan so he asked me how the latest entry was.

I told him it was a good game but different in many ways to the original series and that he should try it, and if he likes it he should definitely check out the other entries.

Now what if I was one of the fans who disliked the game and discouraged him from buying it?

That could be a potential loss of a customer who looked to a friend to get their opinion on DmC.

This could have been the case with many other potential buyers, I don't think its accurate to say that they would ONLY risk losing buyers from the DMC fanbase, there are plenty of new fans that come in and look to that very fanbase to see if DmC is even worth the buy.

DragonMaster2010

question, what of the fans that where looking to get into the series and wanted to start with DmC and thus asked a fan of the original his/her opinion before buying DmC?

Like for instance I have a friend who recently decided to get into the series and he knew I was a longtime DMC fan so he asked me how the latest entry was.

I told him it was a good game but different in many ways to the original series and that he should try it, and if he likes it he should definitely check out the other entries.

Now what if I was one of the fans who disliked the game and discouraged him from buying it?

That could be a potential loss of a customer who looked to a friend to get their opinion on DmC.

This could have been the case with many other potential buyers, I don't think its accurate to say that they would ONLY risk losing buyers from the DMC fanbase, there are plenty of new fans that come in and look to that very fanbase to see if DmC is even worth the buy.

True but then there was the buyers who did have friends who disliked DmC but tried it for themselves and took an interest to it. Those buyers could also have a hand in NT's sales and fanbase growing due to that interest in their work. And then there are those who just wanted to play a hack n slash game that they can get into easily and are interested in what NT has to offer, riding the DmC coattails.

The fans that come into DmC and like it would possibly be the ones to support NT's new game. I say some fans of DMC wouldn't because that would be expected due to their dislike for DmC.

And then there's the chance that Hellblade isn't good and they lose fans there, but that's to be determined till the actual game comes out.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
True but then there was the buyers who did have friends who disliked DmC but tried it for themselves and took an interest to it. Those buyers could also have a hand in NT's sales and fanbase growing due to that interest in their work. And then there are those who just wanted to play a hack n slash game that they can get into easily and are interested in what NT has to offer, riding the DmC coattails.

The fans that come into DmC and like it would possibly be the ones to support NT's new game. I say some fans of DMC wouldn't because that would be expected due to their dislike for DmC.

And then there's the chance that Hellblade isn't good and they lose fans there, but that's to be determined till the actual game comes out.

Good point.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Now, think, NT is making H&S games. H&S is pretty minor part of general community unless it's GoW, but NT lacks appeal of GoW, because it's not mainstream enough. Many of H&S community, played DMC in one form or the other (why else they would be into H&S, unless they are only there for GoW, which means they have no interest in DmC or any NT games from a get go). Sooo with this being said, NT suffered to some extent damage from their decision. And only time will tells how big that damage was

DragonMaster2010

Now, think, NT is making H&S games. H&S is pretty minor part of general community unless it's GoW, but NT lacks appeal of GoW, because it's not mainstream enough. Many of H&S community, played DMC in one form or the other (why else they would be into H&S, unless they are only there for GoW, which means they have no interest in DmC or any NT games from a get go). Sooo with this being said, NT suffered to some extent damage from their decision. And only time will tells how big that damage was

NT have only made 2 hack n slash games and that's HS and DmC. Enslaved is not a hack n slash. It's an adventure transverse game like prototype or even AC. Hellblade is not a hack n slash either. (at least not traditionally) SO to say they lost most of their fans because they're hack n slash fans makes no sense because they've only ever made two hack n slashers while one was an adventure game, one was a side scroller (fightback) and their newest one is more along the lines of an adventure game.
It seems to me you're trying to find every negative means to not let NT have any credit for making DmC.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
NT have only made 2 hack n slash games and that's HS and DmC. Enslaved is not a hack n slash. It's an adventure transverse game like prototype or even AC. Hellblade is not a hack n slash either. (at least not traditionally) SO to say they lost most of their fans because they're hack n slash fans makes no sense because they've only ever made two hack n slashers while one was an adventure game, one was a side scroller (fightback) and their newest one is more along the lines of an adventure game.
It seems to me you're trying to find every negative means to not let NT have any credit for making DmC.
Sorry, I played Prototype, AC and Enslaved and it has nothing to do with them. Enslaved is typical on-rail HnS with platforming. Same kind as GoW was. only exception were waterbike missions, but they are not biggest part of the game. From a gameplay point Enslaved is HnS. It doesn't has exploration, it doesn't has variety in weapons or strategizing about enemies, it won't ever let you stray from the path. You basically run from point a to point b and kill enemies. There isn't much else to it, except for couple of puzzles, so basically GoW style.

DragonMaster2010

Sorry, I played Prototype, AC and Enslaved and it has nothing to do with them. Enslaved is typical on-rail HnS with platforming. Same kind as GoW was. only exception were waterbike missions, but they are not biggest part of the game. From a gameplay point Enslaved is HnS. It doesn't has exploration, it doesn't has variety in weapons or strategizing about enemies, it won't ever let you stray from the path. You basically run from point a to point b and kill enemies. There isn't much else to it, except for couple of puzzles, so basically GoW style.

Dude Enslaved isn't a hack n slash. It never was. It had some platforming, climbing mechanics, and a small ammount of exploration mixed with combat. Like Prototype, it's an adventure game with a story leading it instead of free play like prototype.

Here's a description of it from Wikipedia;
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is an action-adventure/ platform video game

nephlim god

I bet theres alot of people who dont buy it out of protest . But i truly believe the more we support every devil may cry game the more devil may cry we will get. Last thing i want is them to think devil may cry has lost its following .

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I bet theres alot of people who dont buy it out of protest . But i truly believe the more we support every devil may cry game the more devil may cry we will get. Last thing i want is them to think devil may cry has lost its following .

Thats the sad fate that there is always in any game Fandoms some hardcore fans that when well controversial reboots or games that not satisfy their likes automatically bitch out that and not buy those games. Sad too sad. I will tell truth in beggining i been vary of DmC beacuse of protagonist redesign but now i liked the game as it been for me like normal DMC one, and i wanted to see the sequel but well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom