• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unknown is the fate of DmC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Final Offer

Let me just say this: I hope the hack and slash genre never dies. I would very much like games like Assassin's Creed to take a ten year break, though.

I believe hack and slash games tend to fail due to the promotion they receive. If you think about it, alot of skill based games don't get "Let's plays" and also come off as too complicated looking.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I believe hack and slash games tend to fail due to the promotion they receive. If you think about it, alot of skill based games don't get "Let's plays" and also come off as too complicated looking.

That's why I like DmC. It's not difficult to do something pretty. But those talented combo vid makers do make me feel a bit incompetent, lol. I'm going to practice a lot on my PS4 before I even dare to publish something.

corrnata

All I have to say does any really expect DmC 2 a AAA game to be announced on a game development experiment twitch Q&A honestly.

Last edited:

Dominus

All I have to say does any really expect DmC 2 a AAA game to be announced on a game development experiment twitch Q&A honestly.
They wouldn't announce it, but they wouldn't flat out say "we aren't working on any sequels at the moment" if they didn't mean it.

corrnata

They wouldn't announce it, but they wouldn't flat out say "we aren't working on any sequels at the moment" if they didn't mean it.
Ok then how would you handled it if that was you and not Tameem and lets say DmC 2 was under development and you wanted give no hints that it was being made

The Final Offer

Actually, I'm with you on that. But people like Tameem use words in a literal sense. So, "at the moment" is a trick. "At the moment" means "We could, but we aren't focused on it right now."

They're trying to pump out Hellblade. You don't mention two games in the same breath unless you're Nintendo.

Dominus

Ok then how would you handled it if that was you and not Tameem and lets say DmC 2 was under development and you wanted give no hints that it was being made
I wouldn't lie about it or emphasize the no plans part of it? You could tell that Tameem was more interested in working on their own IP and growing that, and even remphasized the no plans point after the first guy sort of mentioned it, to quote "Let's be clear we aren't working on any sequels to those games, we don't have plans to at this point." You could maybe suggest he is trying to deceive us, but I feel he clearly wants to focus on other IPs of their own at the moment.

Last edited:

corrnata

I wouldn't lie about it or emphasize the new plans part of it? You could tell that Tameem was more interested in working on their own IP and growing that, and even remphasized the no plans point after the first guy sort of mentioned it, to quote "Let's be clear we aren't working on any sequels to those games, we don't have plans to at this point." You could maybe suggest he is trying to deceive us, but I feel he clearly wants to focus on other IPs of their own at the moment.
Here is the the thing, its a stream for a game that's completely unrelated DmC other than the studio, so of course he wants to focus on hellblade, think of it like a fruit vender was holding a stream about apples and then someone starts asking about oranges. Also the studio is making more than one game as we know so he may not even be DmC 2 director if the studio is making it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually focusing on their own IP makes much more sense for growing studio. You can't completely rely on bigger publishers, since you never know who and what may be changed and/or replaced. Can we say 100% Capcom will continue or discontinue any of their franchises atm? No, I don't think so. NT can't sit and wait till Capcom scratch their head and decide that maaaaaaaaaybe they want new Devil May Cry

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Actually focusing on their own IP makes much more sense for growing studio. You can't completely rely on bigger publishers, since you never know who and what may be changed and/or replaced. Can we say 100% Capcom will continue or discontinue any of their franchises atm? No, I don't think so. NT can't sit and wait till Capcom scratch their head and decide that maaaaaaaaaybe they want new Devil May Cry

Yeah I gotta agree. NT has their own development to work on, and waiting for Capcom to give them the signal isn't something they can afford. NT got it's official real stardom with Heavenly Sword, and a reputation from DmC. Now that they're here, they'll want to carve a stronger mark in the video game industry with their own stuff to offer.
Still I do hope that if they can't make a DmC2, then instead they make a spiritual successor to it.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I actually believe that Hellblade is going to be damn good. And people are going to want them to use their obtained knowledge and experience to work on DmC2. Whether or not Capcom gives them the go or not, doesn't matter. I think people will want it. (I will lol)

Some kind of Monster

I would like to point out that if DmC: DE sells at least 2 million copies then, by Capcom's standard's, it would qualify for a sequel. :angel:
Maybe if they announce DmC2 is ready and will be available next week and offer the definitive edition with it for free the 2 million mark won't be so unrealistic but for the definitive edition alone is impossible to reach those numbers. Someone correct me if im wrong but in the first three months DMC HD sold somewhere between 300-500k those are the numbers the definitive edition will get at best. DMC4's special edition will outsell it but it won't reach those numbers eather. The sad truth is capcom sc***** DMC way too much.

GF9000000Returns

Meh...I'm done with Capcom's BS anyway. If they knew DmC was destined to get a bad rep from the old fans, they should've thought twice. Here's to Ninja Theory to make a name for themselves and to not ride any publisher's coattails.

Still hope for a DmC2 though. I bet that DmC is at least sold between 1.7-1.9 copies now. If the Definitive Edition sells at least between 100,000-200,000 copies, then DmC as a whole sold over 2 million. Heck, for DMC3, people combined the vanilla and the special edition copies together, so why can't we do the same with DmC?

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Even if we don't get a sequel, at least we can say DmC did a damn good job at keeping its head above water and being able to sell as much as it did. Added with the sales of the definitive edition is a long time coming.
But I think NT did the best they could with Capcom's guidence and now have a bigger audience from it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But I think NT did the best they could with Capcom's guidence and now have a bigger audience from it.
It's very questionable. I think they lost some deal of potential buyers after they co-work with capcom. Every article I see about them filled with people b***** about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom