• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unknown is the fate of DmC 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
A very good point.

Why even bother complaining in the first place if you aren't going to put your money where your mouth is?? :bored:

You're suggesting that I eat my money? I don't even...understand -_- *joke*

But seriously. DmC: DE looks like it's fixing and adding a lot of things. Okay to some it may not be their ideal idea of a DMC. But you know it was always going to struggle from the get go, with some not even gcving it a chance. I give credit to the fact that they took time to look things over again, tweak things, add things and try to fix any issues. And even if that means that those who still don't care, will allow their ignorance to not even give it a try. Then for shame. How often in games do they normally go back and try to make it better? Yeah call it fan service or whatever. At least it shows they listened.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And even if that means that those who still don't care, will allow their ignorance to not even give it a try. Then for shame. How often in games do they normally go back and try to make it better? Yeah call it fan service or whatever. At least it shows they listened.
Indeed. For shame. :(

Capcom went out of their way to fix this not only for the fans who criticized this in the first place, but for the DmC followers who genuinely loved the game, but thought it needed some improvements here and there.

I think, in this sense, Capcom is turning over a new leaf and is realizing that listening to your customers (all of them) and not just charging for unnecessary DLC and listening to the hardcore fanbase only (or even just the casual market) is the only solution.

Sometimes, you just gotta put more of an effort into these things, no matter what the fans say.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Indeed. For shame. :(

Capcom went out of their way to fix this not only for the fans who criticized this in the first place, but for the DmC followers who genuinely loved the game, but thought it needed some improvements here and there?

I think, in this sense, Capcom is turning over a new leaf and is realizing that listening to your customers (all of them) and not just charging for unnecessary DLC and listening to the hardcore fanbase only (or even just the casual market) is the only solution.

Sometimes, you just gotta put more of an effort into these things, no matter what the fans say.

That's actaully no better because HARDCORE fans will whine about how it's not THE REAL DANTE and say NT is a **** company just because they didn't like DmC. (Yeah there are other reasons but then there are the one's with glaring reasons) And for those fans, nothing will satisfy them or rather they won't be satisfied so long as DmC exist. Hell if DMC5 was announced, they'd still want DmC to be erased from the series even though it was never part of the main series anyway. They'd send hate to anyone who mentions DmC and if you even have a picture of new Dante, you will be sent hate mail and threats to of not being a real fan of Devil May Cry.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
They'd send hate to anyone who mentions DmC and if you even have a picture of new Dante, you will be sent hate mail and threats to of not being a real fan of Devil May Cry.
Yeah, that's true... which is why I flame the threads. :sneaky:

Because I am The Hipster Who Lived. :cool:

Edit: Lived through the Flame Wars, I mean.

Ok, back on-topic:

Look all we can do is hope the mods will stay vigilant against Purists everywhere.

This is our Fortress of Solitude. And no one will make it past us. :bored:

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
But if not for some of those fanboy complaints, we wouldn't have DmC: DE.
Yea, but there's a difference between constructive criticism that's valid enough to take in to account, and just the whiny babies b!tching about the crap they want no matter how nonsensical it is. These are like the people who write fanfiction and miss every point going so long as its favorite things look cool.

Goldsickle

How often in games do they normally go back and try to make it better? Yeah call it fan service or whatever. At least it shows they listened.
The Capcom of today are much more willing to listen to the fans than when "legends" like Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya are still around.

The complaints about 'stand-to-shoot' in RE5 made them revamp the controls in RE6.

The complaints about DmC's lack of lock-on and other traits were addressed in the Definitive version.

Complaints about "outdated controls" (tank) in Code VERONICA X HD seems to have made them add the 'Alternate' controls for the RE Remake Remaster.

People can reminisce about "Capcom of the past" all they want but I'm kinda liking the present Capcom.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
*sigh* Now I have to multi-quote because Silver Sickle made so many good points. This is all his fault. :shifty:

[Will never be off my HP kick, btw so I'm just gonna go ahead and call him that from now on.]

The Capcom of today are much more willing to listen to the fans than when "legends" like Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya are still around.
I hadn't noticed this but, you're right. They'd never be listening this much back in the day. Sure, the years 2010-ish to 2013-ish were bad, but in the end, they ended up seeing the LIIIIIIGHT.

The complaints about 'stand-to-shoot' in RE5 made them revamp the controls in RE6.
Something else I didn't know. I lost interest after people kept complaining about 5. Good to know they fixed that.

The complaints about DmC's lack of lock-on and other traits were addressed in the Definitive version.
This, I obviously did know. This is probably Capcom's um... 'Crown Jewel?' It's their ultimate way of eating crow, admitting they were wrong, what-have-you.

The only bad thing about this is that now that there's been a re-release, I actually have hope for a DmC sequel that will almost certainly never actually get made.

I just want them to wrap up the story in DmC2 and then they can focus on the old series with DMC8 or whatever. Even another reboot would be fine, as long as they actually finish the story this time around.

Complaints about "outdated controls" (tank) in Code VERONICA X HD seems to have made them add the 'Alternate' controls for the RE Remake Remaster.
You know, I've never understood why the Old-School Horror Guard are so adamant about having their precious TANK CONTROLS THAT ARE BEYOND PERFECTION when the alternate scheme works just as well.

I'll take "Regular 2D (Alternate) Controls" over "3D Tank Classic Horror Controls" any day of the week.

Yes, I know that thanks to the fixed-camera angles you suddenly change direction at times. However, DMC3 also had the same issue, and no one complained. At all.

So in the end, it works. It's that simple.

The only reason I would even want to use Tank Controls is to add to the challenge if I ever got around to beating it on "Super-Challenge Mode" or whatever and I needed an extra layer of difficulty (like what Turbo, Less Damage, and Hardcore Mode are doing for DmC).

People can reminisce about "Capcom of the past" all they want but I'm kinda liking the present Capcom.
As am I buddy.... as am I. :rolleyes:

[Especially after what they did for DmCDE.]

Last edited:

Goldsickle

I hadn't noticed this but, you're right. They'd never be listening this much back in the day. Sure, the years 2010-ish to 2013-ish were bad, but in the end, they ended up seeing the LIIIIIIGHT.
The dislike for 'stand-to-shoot' was already pointed out way back prior to RE4's release, via some interviews.
Hiroyuki Kobayashi was adamant that the controls are to remain that way, even when a journalist asks if they could at least allow some strafing maneuver.

Same thing happened again with RE5, where a staff (I think it was Jun Takeuchi) who insists that "if you played the full game, you would know why we made the controls that way".
Based on how there was a universal complaint against RE5's control scheme on Metacritic, it's clear that the general audience didn't really get their "artistic vision".

There was a survey on Capcom Unity for the RE series and I think that may have influenced the designs for RE6.
It was mentioned in an interview that the controls from RE6 was based on fan survey.

Oh, fun fact: They finally let you do quick-steps in four directions while aiming your gun for the iOS version of RE4.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy

High level players still stand and shoot in RE6...walking while aiming/shooting is an option, but not effective at all. You're much better off doing stand/shoot > dash to target > melee kill.

And RE6 was a massive sales failure to Capcom. About 4 million short of what they expected, I think. RE5 still reigns supreme. As does Queen Excella~

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DmC is like a good fanfiction of which you're not sure it's gonna get updated. :D

AHAHA! Yeah it is! HAHAHAHAHA---so about fanfics
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/dmc-devil-may-cry-the-diary-of-sparda.19868/
read it
read it
READ IT

9GT93VJ.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I would've titled it "Sparda's Log."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on-topic:

If Capcom develops this in-house, you think they'll end up screwing the story itself up?

Last edited:

pepodmc

And yea, Ninja Theory isn't universally hated. The only people who do hate them are the Devil May Cry fans ridiculously offended by one video game.

DMC fans are upset with Ninja theory because NT said all kind of bullshit about fans of the original series (and original Dante) during the development of DmC, and when the game came out, it was **** (for DMC standars after DMC3 & DMC4)

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No swearing. That's why there's a curse filter.

And saying that a game is "not-good" isn't doing the thread, yourself, or the forum in general any favors. Cut it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom