• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This party's getting cruurzeyh! (DmC comes at No.1 in the UK Chart)

So because he doesn't agree with you he should leave? He hasn't even said anything bad about the series as a whole, and whether you like it or not many people have negative feelings on the game. That's good for you. And really, pro DmC sales in the UK aren't a huge deal. What's important is how it does in the U.S, and if not there then Japan.

I find it funny how he has way more posts and has been here way longer than you.
Oh **** he has more posts damn i guess i should just agree with everything he says of well thanks for clearing that up. Your the best man thanks for that so helpfull. You guys are vets on an internet forum. Thats pretty cool i guess.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
~snips to get to more important statment~
I'm just another dude that enjoys videogames~

And this, sir, is why you are NOT a douche. You are making good points, and someone is attacking you for making a civil presentation of it. My apologies as a long time forumite, over the actions of someone who joined just today and is already leaving a bad impression on me. I beg you forgive the rest of us who do like the reboot, I assure you...those who are just as flaming in their "defense" as the vicious "haters" do not represent all of us. ...~holds up a bowl~ Strawberry sundae?

Slacri

Oh **** he has more posts damn i guess i should just agree with everything he says of well thanks for clearing that up. Your the best man thanks for that so helpfull. You guys are vets on an internet forum. Thats pretty cool i guess.
That's not what I implied at all and now you're just putting words in my mouth in a desperate attempt to backtrack from how ludicrous your original post was.

You claimed someone who has been here longer than you and contributes more than you should leave on the basis that you don't like him disliking a game that you like. That's stupid.

If this is what they are basing their crap on then its pretty pointless
Not basing a whole 'lot on it, I even said GameStop sales will be the defining factor. But Amazon and Steam are all we really have to go on so far for U.S sales.

And this, sir, is why you are NOT a douche. You are making good points, and someone is attacking you for making a civil presentation of it. My apologies as a long time forumite, over the actions of someone who joined just today and is already leaving a bad impression on me. I beg you forgive the rest of us who do like the reboot, I assure you...those who are just as flaming in their "defense" as the vicious "haters" do not represent all of us. ...~holds up a bowl~ Strawberry sundae?
Oh no a bad impression on an internet forum. My life is gonna be turned upside down.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
No worries, I know both extreme "haters" and "supporters" are just the vocal minority. I'm just happy that there is levelheaded people here.

And oh boy! I do love strawberry sundae!

Dominus

I don't know about you guys but 1/3 the sales of DMC4 during the first week is pretty bad. Let alone being #1 on the sales chart in a month when it's the only major AAA title release isn't very significant. January is literally DmC's time to sell sell sell before the AAA titles like Bioshock and Dead Space drop so if sales drop off by a lot next week, welp... I'll wait for the NPD sales data to determine if this game will bomb, but I'm setting outlook to "not good."

Slacri

I don't know about you guys but 1/3 the sales of DMC4 during the first week is pretty bad. Let alone being #1 on the sales chart in a month when it's the only major AAA title release isn't very significant. January is literally DmC's time to sell sell sell before the AAA titles like Bioshock and Dead Space drop so if sales drop off by a lot next week, welp... I'll wait for the NPD sales data to determine if this game will bomb, but I'm setting outlook to "not good."
It's also coming somewhat close to other hack and slash games like God of War and Metal Gear Rising. It's a niche market already, this doesn't help it.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

I get the feeling a number of those counts are the pre-orders(can someone verify either way?), and we have yet to see the US and Japan pre-order counts and sales. Also, they're not counting internet sales yet...just the UK store fronts. could be interesting when teh rest of those numbers come it. DMC4 was riding on the rep created by DMC3, and was hyped on breaking the Sony exclusive tradition.

Dominus

It's also coming somewhat close to other hack and slash games like God of War and Metal Gear Rising. It's a niche market already, this doesn't help it.
Also DmC regardless of its quality almost has too much baggage to sell well. Recently Capcom has burned customers with on disc dlc, killing off MML, and RE6 mediocrity. Also DMC4 (though I love the game) being percieved as half a game by a good chunk of people. Some even suggest that DMC3 hype helped DMC4 sell well...

Slacri

I get the feeling a number of those counts are the pre-orders(can someone verify either way?), and we have yet to see the US and Japan pre-order counts and sales. Also, they're not counting internet sales yet...just the UK store fronts. could be interesting when teh rest of those numbers come it. DMC4 was riding on the rep created by DMC3, and was hyped on breaking the Sony exclusive tradition.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/21/dmc-devil-may-cry-premiere-tears-up-uk-charts/
0Xx26Rl.png

Again not a big accomplishment. Its a forum dont act like its anything else. My opinion in this case is that he has no place here. Its that simple. Do i worship any of the dmc games? 1-5 no i dont. There all fine to me even 2 was fine to me. not terrible certainly not great. My opinion is that to go to a place that has a general opinion something and hold a counter opinion is fine but when your purpose seems to me to be that you want to peck away at positive news regarding that general positive opinion you are a douche. That makes sense to me.

Dominus

This is what the chart includes
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/retail/index.jsp

so it does include online sales. "Data is collected each week from 7,000 retail outlets representing 90% of the UK entertainment software market:"

Amazon.co.uk
Argos
ASDA
Blockbuster
Brighthouse
Independents
Dabs.com
DVD.co.uk
Game
Grainger Games
HMV
John Lewis
Makro
Morrisons
Next
Office Depot
Play.com
QVC
Sainsburys
Shop Direct
ShopTo.net
SimplyGames.com
Staples
Tesco
TheHut.com
WH Smith
Zavvi.co.uk

Again not a big accomplishment. Its a forum dont act like its anything else. My opinion in this case is that he has no place here. Its that simple. Do i worship any of the dmc games? 1-5 no i dont. There all fine to me even 2 was fine to me. not terrible certainly not great. My opinion is that to go to a place that has a general opinion something and hold a counter opinion is fine but when your purpose seems to me to be that you want to peck away at positive news regarding that general positive opinion you are a douche. That makes sense to me.

Slacri

Again not a big accomplishment. Its a forum dont act like its anything else.
Again you're putting words in my mouth and implying I implied things that I did not.
My opinion in this case is that he has no place here. Its that simple.
You don't realize how stupid it sounds that someone that has signed up for the site today with a total of 7 posts telling someone who has been over here for a month and has contributed far more than you doesn't belong here?
Do i worship any of the dmc games? 1-5 no i dont. There all fine to me even 2 was fine to me. not terrible certainly not great. My opinion is that to go to a place that has a general opinion something and hold a counter opinion is fine but when your purpose seems to me to be that you want to peck away at positive news regarding that general positive opinion you are a douche. That makes sense to me.
So all discussions are best when everybody just agrees? That's asinine, discussions are best when they have different points of views on both sides. It's not as if you can't just ignore his posts if someone disliking something you like bugs you so much. You're making far more of a big deal out of his simple post than he did.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
So I should just agree with the general accepted opinion on this forum? Sure thing buddy!

*Clears throat*

DmC is the greatest action game ever in our mortal time! Nothing can compare to it! It even ****s on the previous DMC games that had that stupid anime cliche Dante!

All hail Capcom and Ninja Theory!

mcdZ5X0.gif

(That was sarcasm if you didn't notice by the way)

Again you're putting words in my mouth and implying I implied things that I did not. You don't realize how stupid it sounds that someone that has signed up for the site today with a total of 7 posts telling someone who has been over here for a month and has contributed far more than you doesn't belong here?
So all discussions are best when everybody just agrees? That's asinine, discussions are best when they have different points of views on both sides. It's not as if you can't just ignore his posts if someone disliking something you like bugs you so much. You're making far more of a big deal out of his simple post than he did.
Again you just cant let go of the length of someones membership. I dont care if hes been a member longer so you can accept that or not i really dont care your a wall of text on a screen. You didnt read the post you just quoted did you. must be in a real hurry to defend the guy who shares your opinion kinda biased to me it seems.

Paexie

Don't fan the flames you guys. He's just gonna go on and on just like we did in the Weird Morality thread.

So I should just agree with the general accepted opinion on this forum? Sure thing buddy!

*Clears throat*

DmC is the greatest action game ever in our mortal time! Nothing can compare to it! It even ****s on the previous DMC games that had that stupid anime cliche Dante!

All hail Capcom and Ninja Theory!

mcdZ5X0.gif

(That was sarcasm if you didn't notice by the way)
Thank you god was that so hard. Man it took forever to get you to admit the truth. Ah i know it was sarcasm your alright MultiBro your alright in my book.

Top Bottom