• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

This party's getting cruurzeyh! (DmC comes at No.1 in the UK Chart)

Nero.

If in one week DmC has 1/3 the total numbers that DMC4 did, that's REALLY good progress for one week, in the UK alone. You people opposed do realize even the negative publicity got people otherwise not interested to go "what the hell is the deal with the game? I best check this out."

You need to read again........

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I did. 1/3 the debut numbers. For a game a bunch of "haters" have been trying to stifle for two and a half years, that is good numbers to start out, and that's just the first week in one region. We haven't yet seen global numbers, and my point stands, sometimes cotrovery causes more interest than just reputation.

MedicoreR

Even so reviews are not always the right thing to go by, I'd rather wait for the full detail on it rather than reading reviews. Still reviewer could be paid to say stuff that my opinion on that but meh.
I would say yeah its paid if the game was Richie Richs ****ty FPS CoD game.

But do you really think Ninja Theory has so many money to waste with 30 reviewers?
And do you really think EVERY REVIEW SITES or MAGAZINES paid off ?

Dont you give a serve they may actually LOVE the game?
Just like most of us DO ?
Did we get paid too?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Maybe finally these trolls on YT and anywhere they spread hate on DmC have their rude awakening as they was only stupid hate voice.

Nero.

Maybe finally these trolls on YT and anywhere they spread hate on DmC have their rude awakening as they was only stupid hate voice.

And post like these is why people look at this forum as an joke for once can some of you be glad about the game sales without the ridicule of people who don't like this game?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I would say yeah its paid if the game was Richie Richs ****ty FPS CoD game.

But do you really think Ninja Theory has so many money to waste with 30 reviewers?
And do you really think EVERY REVIEW SITES or MAGAZINES paid off ?

Dont you give a serve they may actually LOVE the game?
Just like most of us DO ?
Did we get paid too?
If I got paid to praise DmC I'd make it sound like the best game ever because I'm a financially struggling college student that could use the extra money. DmC is the first game I bought since Batman Arkham City in December of 2011. I praise DmC simply because it isn't a bad game. The reason why reviews are so positive is because it isn't bad. Reviews are opinions and if I was in charge of a company I wouldn't waste money in paying for opinions that ultimately do not sell the game. I would work on making the game good because especially when we're talking about the ridiculous outcry these butthurt stubborn DMC fans were about the whole thing, actions will have to speak louder than words. It's alot of fun to play and as a Devil May Cry fan I'm simply happy that I get another good and fun Devil May Cry game.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Before people start getting fixated on the sales numbers, just realize that the UK games industry has been on a downturn for awhile. Also, the market is not the same as it was when DMC4 came out. Honestly, I'm surprised that it reached the #1 spot.

Also, has the game been marketed yet? I haven't seen any TV spots or ads anywhere for this game (in the states). How about there in the UK?

not a thing and ive looked. there are no DmC comercials anywhere. its spread only via word of mouth i guess.

Drake

Yea I haven't seen any dmc tv spots, I think thats strange. Mind you I do work two jobs, so I might just be missing them.

Paexie

I'm sure you have all heard of Operation Curahzee trying to up heave the sales of the original games over DmC. I don't really care for sales figures but I don't feel like they thought this through.

They are ignoring the fact that they might tell the wrong message to Capcom: MAKE MORE COLLECTIONS (like actually add the 4th game into it or something)

Not to mention it doesn't hold the same value, the HD collection at my closest Gamestop store is already under 20 dollars and others are buying it used. So you'd have to buy three just to trample the sale of one DmC game (though individual numbers may matter more in this case). This is great, but I feel like they are just doing Capcom a pat in the back for a "good" job...

It could turn to bit us in the buttocks is all I'm saying.

KaizenShio

I'm sure you have all heard of Operation Curahzee trying to up heave the sales of the original games over DmC. I don't really care for sales figures but I don't feel like they thought this through.

They are ignoring the fact that they might tell the wrong message to Capcom: MAKE MORE COLLECTIONS (like actually add the 4th game into it or something)

Not to mention it doesn't hold the same value, the HD collection at my closest Gamestop store is already under 20 dollars and others are buying it used. So you'd have to buy three just to trample the sale of one DmC game (though individual numbers may matter more in this case). This is great, but I feel like they are just doing Capcom a pat in the back for a "good" job...

It could turn to bit us in the buttocks is all I'm saying.

Well what I dont get how are they going to get people to buy games that A) they already have B) to get people who are just not interested

Paexie

Well what I dont get how are they going to get people to buy games that A) they already have B) to get people who are just not interested
The whole point for them is that they love the original games more (hey I like them too but I don't have that kind of money).
They just want to send the message that the original games are better.... I kind of understand that sentiment, but I don't think that by buying something that isn't that profitable for Capcom anymore (since most of the HD collections are being sold used) is going to get that message through. You know, it's a business.

Just don't buy what you don't like, you know?

neccowells

This thread is depressing as hell. Long time no see everyone, I've been avoiding this site for a while because of the spoilers after game release (I missed my pre-order date, lol). Anyway, this game has just released last tuesday and it's doing way better than expected. It being #1 in the UK is an achievement. We still don't know how well it sold in Japan, and the PC version hasn't released yet. Be a little more optimistic, if not its your opinion, don't bring that youtube arguing BS here.

Paexie

Its almost like...... I dont know like if the people who dont already have this game was not interested in the first place its just weird
It's odd, but it's the possibility of the wrong message being sent that worries me. But I guess that's just the game they wish to play. I want more DMCs it's just better to not buy it in the first place, you know?

Top Bottom